Thread: Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    boatofcar

Default Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story

I did a search on this but came up with nothing. Apologies if this thread already exists.

Is anyone else enjoying this game? I bought it about a week ago and have been playing it every night since. I've never played a Paper Mario game before, but if they're half as much fun as this, I need to immediately!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I played through it. I thought it was enjoyable, but didn't like it as much as the first two Mario & Luigi games on GBA/DS. To my mind, a lot of the game was just kind of wandering for the sake of wandering without any real purpose. That feeling disappeared after a while, but for a good chunk of the game I had no idea why I was supposed to do what I was supposed to do.

The paper mario games are good, too. Little bit more fully fleshed out than the Mario & Luigi games. The one on Wii makes some really creative use of turning a side-scrolling 2D game sideways to become 3D.

Strawberry (Level 2) Dastardly Dylan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    D2ME
    PSN
    D2ME

I still need to beat this game, I've been caught up in so many of my other titles that beating this has become impossible. However, I really am enjoying this game from what I have played through.

Wii: 7782-6113-4774-2333
    Teh Pwn Shop! - YouTube - Twitter

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I finally got around to playing this recently. What a delight!

In my mind, none of them is so much "better" than the others; I think it's nifty that the three games in the trilogy so far all have a slightly different approach.

It might be nice if this one was a little less linear, but there's something to be said for having some freedom to kick around however you please if you're so inclined.

Has anyone here managed to get an "A" rank in any of the minigames? Wicked little challenges, those; I haven't seen anything like it since the Paint Roller bit in Kirby Canvas Curse.
    "There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge." --Bertrand Russel (attributed)

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    3DS Friend
    0473-8317-6182

I played through it last year, and I absolutely loved it. Generally I swap games quite a bit as I play through several at a time, but that one stayed in my DS from the moment I started until I defeated the final boss.

The only gripe I have about the game is that the "Giant Bowser Battles" felt kind of clunky, but otherwise, everything about it was fantastic... though I have to say, the script writing tops the list. Probably the funniest damn game I've played in the last few years.

Great gameplay, great graphics, great music, great... well, everything!

DP Feedback | Game Blog of Awesomeness! | Seeking out these GCN kiosk discs: Jan 2002, 21, 25, & 29

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by joshnickerson View Post
    The only gripe I have about the game is that the "Giant Bowser Battles" felt kind of clunky, but otherwise, everything about it was fantastic...
    Agreed - wonderful game for like 95% of it.

Remaining 5% was the big bowser battles which just weren't fun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Ugh. I finally finished the hardest boss. Not the final boss; you know which one I'm talking about. I do give the designers props for putting all the difficult bosses in one convenient place rather than sticking them in some hidden level that no one can find without a FAQ, but I am kind of disappointed that after all the hours of leveling I did there was hardly any reward.

I mean, even though the giant Bowser battles didn't work out very well, it's clear a great deal of attention was lavished upon them and I'm really quite surprised there's no convenient way to re-play them.

After all that I'm giving up on trying to A-rank the minigames.

(Apparently there's an alternate message in the ending if you manage to complete the game at level 17. But I suspect that's a filthy lie.)
    Last edited by J'orfeaux; 11-11-2011 at 06:31 PM.
    "There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge." --Bertrand Russel (attributed)