Let me tell you a story....

I was going through some old boxes out my parents storage and came across some old polaroid photo's of me when we owned our first arcade game in 1981.... Pac-Man cabaret.

The first time I saw a Pac-Man cabaret was at Pizza & Stuff in LaVerne, CA (still there) and was blown away. I was only 6 years old and my older brother, sister and I were the BIGGEST Pac-Man fans ever. I would wear a different Pac-Man shirt every day of the week and we would have every kind of Pac-Man collectable imagined. So to see the game I loved so much in a smaller size was very exciting. My parents got the name of the operator who owned the game and called to see if he would be willing to sell it. If I remember correctly, he wanted $1500.00 for the same Pac cabaret at Pizza & Stuff. So we begged my parents to get us this game so they made us work for it if we really wanted it. We had a "Pac-Man Fund" jar where we would put in our allowance money to save up for this game. I remember going around town with my red wagon (no joke) and collecting news papers to raise money.

Well, after about 10 months of this going on, I guess my parents figured that since we were still saving our money for a Pac-Man game and we still wanted one badly, they took the plunge and bought the cabaret Pac-Man game that was at Pizza & Stuff!! (insert "you're a spoiled brat" comments here)

These pics were to prove to a classmate that I owned a Pac-Man game. And even when I showed him the pics, he STILL didnt believe me. I didnt like him well enough to invite him over to prove I owned it lol ;-) The pic you see in me in my PJ's showing off my awesome pecks lol I wish I had a shirt on.

After the Pac-Man "fever" wore off by 1983, we then sold the game for only $500.00. I wish I still owned the game. Oh well...

Hope you enjoyed my story...