Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rarest PS2 Games

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Rarest PS2 Games

In your opinions, what are the rarest and hardest to find ps2 games?
    Here are the games that I own that I think are a bit harder to find than all others:

Shadow Hearts
    Theme Park: Roller Coaster
    OKAGE: Shadow King
    Klonoa 2
    Harvest Moon: Save the Homeland
    Orphen

Im still trying to find Rez, one of the rarest US ps2 games right now...

Visit my YouTube page: Pete's Game Room

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

How about Sub-Rebellion?

That game has disappered fast.

Shadow Hearts was a Great game. The graphics were a little dated but still looked good. Check out the sequel:
    http://www.the-magicbox.com/game062103a.htm

I hope it gets a release here.
    neotokeo2001

http://neoclassicgames.blogspot.com/
    Atari 2600 Limited Editions

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    VGKYOURMOM

Can't you find REZ games all over Ebay? A local used store had on for $30 and I passed because when I looked it up on ebay they were only selling for $25-30.

I nominate Activision Anthology, I'm willing to bet in a couple of years you won't see that game much.

I don't see Summoner 2 much either

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

OKAGE: Shadow King is rare??? I was just at Best Buy and they had a huge stack of them. Think they were $30 each.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Harvest Moon, Orphen & Okage are readilly available at every Toys R Us I've been in lately. They are located on the SVG "value rack" located outside of most R-Zones and are $19.99 ea.

Pac-Man (Level 10) hezeuschrist's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Hezeuschrist

I'm gonna have to nominate: None. There just aren't many rares, yet, it's young. Maybe Gradius III & IV, but all the games listed in this thread are easily available at any number of Gamestops, flooded on ebay, or just downright available at the regular retail stores (Best Buy, FYE, ect).

Luigi (Level 20) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

What about Suikoden 3?
    My Gaming Collection (Now at Google Drive!)

Great Puma (Level 12) jonjandran's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kaine23
    What about Suikoden 3?
    Wasn't that re-released ?

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

lol, somehow by accident I got Klonoa 2, and I am replaying it now, last year, I asked my mom for "PS2 games", thats all i said, she was about to leave to go Christmas shopping, and got me that game, at first I though, bah, what a shitty game, but when I actually played it, I found it to be a wonderful game!
    Looking to sell a videogame magazine collection of 200(+) magazines, 60 cents each, send me a PM if you're interested!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'll also nominate Gradius III/IV. I don't ever recall seeing it, although that might just be a Canada thing.

I wonder if Shadow of Destiny and Disaster Report can be added, especially since I don't remember ever seeing them outside of a gaming-only shop.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

RAD: Robot Alchemic Drive

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Is Orphen that rare? It was a launch title, and I seem to recall that every store had stacks of it back in 2000. Even today, you can get it for ten bucks or so at any EB or GameStop.
    Kidfenris.com: Never Updated.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

like i said those are just MY OPINIONS, we all have different games in our area's where we live.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PDorr3
    like i said those are just MY OPINIONS, we all have different games in our area's where we live.
    But the whole point of asking about rarity is to solicit additional and expert opinions, thus determining which games are genuinely rare and which aren't. Isn't it? I mean, just because I can't find Pitfall! in any local thrifts doesn't mean it's rare, or that I should pay $60 for it if I do.

And hezeuschrist (may I call you "heezy to the neezy"?) is right: there isn't a single truly rare PS2 title, and probably never will be one -- certainly not by Golden Age standards, anyway.

-- Z.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zmeston
    But the whole point of asking about rarity is to solicit additional and expert opinions, thus determining which games are genuinely rare and which aren't. Isn't it? I mean, just because I can't find Pitfall! in any local thrifts doesn't mean it's rare, or that I should pay $60 for it if I do.

And hezeuschrist (may I call you "heezy to the neezy"?) is right: there isn't a single truly rare PS2 title, and probably never will be one -- certainly not by Golden Age standards, anyway.

-- Z.
    I beg to differ. Being CD and DVD based games , they will get scratched up where they won't play or otherwise ruined and will be hard to find. As opposed to carts and hu-cards that will probally withstand much more abuse.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jonjandran

-- Z.
    I beg to differ. Being CD and DVD based games , they will get scratched up where they won't play or otherwise ruined and will be hard to find. As opposed to carts and hu-cards that will probally withstand much more abuse.
    I cannot foresee a day when even the least common PS2 title fetches half as much as, for example, any of two dozen truly rare VCS cartridges. Even the "smallest" print runs of a modern game is multiple thousands of copies. (The smallest run I've heard of in years was Cubivore for the GameCube, at 5,000 copies.)

And are you implying that almost every copy of almost every PS2 title in current release will be "scratched up" to the point where it doesn't play, thus making the precious few untouched copies that much more valuable? That seems incredibly unlikely.

How much are the rarest/most expensive CD games going for, anyway? A couple hundred bucks? Or are there any CD games that rival cart games for rarity/pricing? If I'm talking out of my butt here, please correct me with the quickness.

-- Z.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I cannot foresee a day when even the least common PS2 title fetches half as much as, for example, any of two dozen truly rare VCS cartridges. Even the "smallest" print runs of a modern game is multiple thousands of copies. (The smallest run I've heard of in years was Cubivore for the GameCube, at 5,000 copies.)

And are you implying that almost every copy of almost every PS2 title in current release will be "scratched up" to the point where it doesn't play, thus making the precious few untouched copies that much more valuable? That seems incredibly unlikely.

How much are the rarest/most expensive CD games going for, anyway? A couple hundred for Radiant Silvergun, Panzer Dragoon Saga, Final Bout, or Fox Hunt? Or are there any CD game that rival cart games for rarity/pricing? If I'm talking out of my butt here, please correct me with the quickness.

-- Z.
    Good question. I think that Sapphire for the TurboDuo routinely fetches about $500 to $600 or something, but that's the only high-price CD title that I can recall right now.
    Kidfenris.com: Never Updated.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

-- Z.
    Yes, but did you even READ my 1st post? i clearly stated that there are simple OPINIONS, not expert advice that should be taken seriouly. Its a simple topic that just asks peoples opinions on what they think are the "not so common" ps2 titles that you cannot walk into a normal everyday store that has videogames for sale and find.
    Do not bash my topic until you read it correctly, ty.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jonjandran

-- Z.

How much are the rarest/most expensive CD games going for, anyway? A couple hundred bucks? Or are there any CD games that rival cart games for rarity/pricing? If I'm talking out of my butt here, please correct me with the quickness.

-- Z.
    Boy this sure is a lot of quotes in quotes.
    But anyway , It 's kind of hard to forsee the future but what I was pointing out is that the games get scratched and people throw them away. I myself have thrown away at least 60 or so ps1 ps2 dreamcast games. I just don't see them lasting as long as carts. And also who would have thought snes or nes carts would be getting rare ? Most of those had print runs near 100,000 or more.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yes, but did you even READ my 1st post? i clearly stated that there are simple OPINIONS, not expert advice that should be taken seriouly. Its a simple topic that just asks peoples opinions on what they think are the "not so common" ps2 titles that you cannot walk into a normal everyday store that has videogames for sale and find.
    Do not bash my topic until you read it correctly, ty.
    Yes, I read your first post. No, I'm not bashing your topic -- just wondering why you got defensive over Kid Fenris pointing out that Orphen is hardly rare. You asked for opinions, received one from him, then defensively re-stated, "like i said those are just MY OPINIONS, we all have different games in our area's where we live." Perhaps you were defensive because KF is stating fact, not opinion? I dunno. In any case, sorry to offend.

-- Z.