View Poll Results: Which would you choose?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Atari 2600

8 14.29%
  • Colecovision

4 7.14%
  • TurboGrafx 16

44 78.57%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which would you get?

Insert Coin (Level 0) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arasoi View Post
    If money isnt an issue, go TG16. Depends a lot on what your taste in games is too though.
    Well if money isn't as issue, then why not get all three?

As for choosing one system, I too voted for TG16. It's my all time favorite system with so many great games to choose from. Splatterhouse, Bonk, and Military Madness are my favorites.

Pac-Man (Level 10) mobiusclimber's Avatar
    Up In Your Bitch Is Where You Might Find Me
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Another vote for TG16. Obviously if you prefer pre-NES type games, then you want a 2600. Not sure how easy it is to find the adapter for the Coleco that lets you play 2600 games, so that might not be the route to go unless you really need to save on space (which renders the whole "you can get two consoles at once" argument moot).

Personally, those old pre-NES titles don't do anything for me, so not sure my vote really counts. I'd just rather play Splatterhouse or Neutopia than KC Munchkin or Pong.

[edit: And also if you decide you want TG CD games down the line, get a PC Engine Duo-R or RX. That way you can play PCE hu-cards as well, and it's gonna be cheaper than getting a Turbo Duo.]
    My DP Feedback Thread: Here!
    I Post On The Blog At RisingStuff.com

Ghostbuster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Greg2600

2600 all the way. Endless amount of titles to choose from. Harmony cart option. Atari Flashback is an option. 2600's are cheap, reliable, and classic. Colecovision suffers from lousy control and poor reliability. Not recommended to the casual gamer. TG-16 be my guest, but there are so few games on cartridge. NES and SMS or Genesis are superior IMO. TG-16 much more expensive for games, harder to find.
    The Paunch Stevenson Show free Internet podcast - www.paunchstevenson.com - DP FEEDBACK

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I voted for the Turbo. I love my Atari 2600, but for those of us who didn't grow up with it, it might be too primitive. The Colecovision has serious issues with longevity, since they were built with the absolutely cheapest components available. The TurboGraphx-16 has really interesting games. They all have a weird Japanese vibe about them that makes them feel kind of exotic. And the gameplay of its titles will be deeper than anything on the 2600 or Colecovision.