Thread: Please help me identify this computer game.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Please help me identify this computer game.

I can not remember what this game was called, I hope you guys can help me. I played it on an old computer, probably running Windows 2000, possibly XP. It was on one of those CD-ROMS that had 101 games on it.

In the game, you are a colored triangle flying around in space. As you fly around there are different sized/colored circles, that I think are supposed to planets. Depending on how large the planet is, the more pull there is towards it. You want to try and land on the planet and if you do, a little square will appear in the center of the circle. (You are also safe from other ships while landed on it)

Once you take it over some ships start coming over from your base planet, to protect it from getting taken over by a different colored triangle ship. If you die you spawn back at your base, on a carrier thing that rotates the planet.

You win by killing the other colored triangle's bases. Below are some pictures to help describe what it looked like.

This one is when your triangle has landed on the new planet and the square has appeared in the middle of it.

This is your base after you spawn, those things around the planet shoot at other ships trying to destroy it, the one on the far right is headed to the new planet.

This is the triangle attempting to land on a new planet. (Not very easy as I remember it.)

Insert Coin (Level 0) TheObscure's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ObscureNumber9

Astroids: The Planet Invasion Simulator 2000?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hmm, quite possibly. A quick google search didn't yeild any results about such a game, I will keep looking though. Thank you for your reply! I hope that is it, I've been trying to find this game for some time.