Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    MASTER KEEDO

Quote Originally Posted by ConsoleAddict View Post
    A lot of these snooty individuals who write for gaming magazines and websites hail from the Bay Area a.k.a. San Francisco. I don't know what's in the water that makes the people who live there think their superior and better than everybody else. Only a few magazines and websites originated outside of the Bay Area. PC Gamer was based in North Carolina and EGM was based in Chicago. Just about every major magazine and website related to gaming, including PC Gamer, has their headquarters in San Francisco.

For a city that claims to have friendly people a lot of the locals I've talked to come off as rude, cold and condescending. That's the experiences I've had.

That's my take on the way they dismiss opinions from others in that fashion.
    "San Francisco is really more of a European City, like Paris or Milan". Have you ever seen the South Park episode "Smug Alert"? It pretty much sums up everything you just said, and it is probably the greatest South Park episode ever made.

Insert Coin (Level 0) ConsoleAddict's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xomoi View Post
    "San Francisco is really more of a European City, like Paris or Milan". Have you ever seen the South Park episode "Smug Alert"? It pretty much sums up everything you just said, and it is probably the greatest South Park episode ever made.
    You are correct.

I might have seen that episode before; I'm not sure. I should watch it at the official site and edit this post.

Edit: Saw the episode, had not seen it yet. Wow, they hit it right on the nail. Heck, I think they could have gone even further. I think they could have made another full-length feature.

San Francisco, to be honest, is a gorgeous-looking city. However, that's the only good thing I can say about it. Well, that and me being a longtime San Francisco 49ers fan.

Very good episode, but the one attacking Disney (The Ring) that they made in 2009 is still the funniest one I've seen.
    Last edited by ConsoleAddict; 04-30-2010 at 05:42 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

A lot of these snooty individuals who write for gaming magazines and websites hail from the Bay Area a.k.a. San Francisco. I don't know what's in the water that makes the people who live there think their superior and better than everybody else. Only a few magazines and websites originated outside of the Bay Area. PC Gamer was based in North Carolina and EGM was based in Chicago. Just about every major magazine and website related to gaming, including PC Gamer, has their headquarters in San Francisco.

For a city that claims to have friendly people a lot of the locals I've talked to come off as rude, cold and condescending. That's the experiences I've had.

Yeah, whatever.

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Then I guess if you're from a small town, you must be a hick, right? Because every person that lives in any given city is exactly the same and stereotypes are always true, right?

Anyway, great job insulting everyone on the board that has ever lived in that area (I'm not one of them, by the way), I'm sure that'll help ensure a long stay.

And I don't buy that they all "hail" from San Francisco. Just because a company is there and the employees have to live near there to work, it doesn't mean the writers were born there or have even been there long. It doesn't even mean that they particularly like the city. You're making a lot of assumptions, and a lot of these writers may just be living there because they really want to work in game journalism and such jobs aren't available just anywhere.

And the companies are there in the first place because they followed the game developers. The industry used to be dominated by Japanese-developed games, so the American branches that were linked to Japanese companies had to locate themselves on the west coast because it made traveling back and forth between Japan much easier. Back when the industry was really centered around Nintendo, a lot of companies opened US branches near Nintendo in Washington state. Eventually the business shifted to San Francisco, but, honestly, I wouldn't even say that city dominates anymore. More and more companies have moved to the Los Angeles area in order to be one with all the other entertainment industries.

Insert Coin (Level 0) ConsoleAddict's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie2B View Post
    Then I guess if you're from a small town, you must be a hick, right? Because every person that lives in any given city is exactly the same and stereotypes are always true, right?

Anyway, great job insulting everyone on the board that has ever lived in that area (I'm not one of them, by the way), I'm sure that will help ensure a long stay.
    You have a lot to learn about the world, kiddo. Why don't you go pay the city a visit first? Why don't you read up about the town? Maybe you would see that there's some truth to it.

It was not meant to be an insult but as an honest opinion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You have a lot to learn about the world, kiddo. Why don't you go pay the city a visit first? Why don't you read up about the town? Maybe you would see that there's some truth to it.

It was not meant to be an insult but as an honest opinion.
    Child, please. Your anecdotal evidence of a huge city is meaningless. First you insult TheRedEye out of the blue, now this?

I don't mean this as an insult, just as an honest opinion, but you are a fucking worthless poster. Get banned.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie2B View Post
    And the companies are there in the first place because they followed the game developers. The industry used to be dominated by Japanese-developed games, so the American branches that were linked to Japanese companies had to locate themselves on the west coast because it made traveling back and forth between Japan much easier.
    It's not just that. Atari was founded and headquartered in the Bay Area. When Activision formed, they stayed in the same area. Since the 70s, Silicon Valley has been the heart of high-tech in this country, and especially early on, video games were more associated with new technology than with general entertainment like movies. Game companies were never totally concentrated in one area (Williams/Midway was always in Illinois for example), but the Bay was indisputably number 1 for the longest time. Now it's pretty even with SoCal, but other than E3 (which was in LA from the beginning), the gaming media has pretty much stayed put.
    Last edited by j_factor; 05-01-2010 at 12:28 AM.

Shmup Hooligan Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I myself place the blame entirely on Rice-A-Roni. It's a travesty to mingle rice and pasta. Be a man, pick one.

This signature is dedicated to all those
    cyberpunks who fight against injustice
    and corruption every day of their lives