I was having some issues with Samurai Spirits 3 giving me the 0002 error, so I thought , Hey I could clean the lens of this little laser here and presto it will be working like new again, big dumb mistake that was .

I used 99.9% pure anhydrous Isopropyl Alcohol to clean the lens and it just made things worst. After that none of the games I have worked.
I adjusted the blue pot on the laser a 1/4 of a turn or so, got Art of Fighting 2 to work and KOF 94 works until it has to load a level.
With KOF 95,96 and Samurai Spirits 1-2-3 it simply doesn't work. The cd spins for a little bit then stops.
Adjusting the pot more doesn't seems to help even when it's at full blast, which by then even Art of fighting doesn't work anymore either.

I'm thinking of getting a replacement laser unit of ebay but at 50$ each (36$ +shipping), I'm not sure if it's worth it with all the hassle of installing it. Might as well spend a bit more and get a new console.
I've heard of replacement kits but can't seem to find anyone that sell those anymore.

So anyone else got any ideas of what I could try so I can get this console to work properly again.
Or have a working console that they want to get rid of for cheap, does'nt have to be in good looking condition as long as it works. Or a replacement kit I could buy of you?

I'm stuck with AoF 2 now and I don't particularly care much for that game. eh