Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: May 2010 Finds

Strawberry (Level 2) allyourblood's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Kisuragi View Post
    NIB Atari Lynx with 18 NIB games for $80 shipped. They were being sold by a game liquidation place about an hour away from me on eBay. They often have great deals for Atari games.
    That's awesome. I love my Lynx. It's such a black sheep handheld, but has some really fun games. Nice score!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Ryaan1234 View Post
    Story time, kids.

I was at the Goodwill lot sale again today. They had a crate chock full of old records. Apparently a mom & pop music store had closed down and donated all their leftover stock to them. Goodwill thought that these records weren't worth selling at their normal stores so they were here.

There were a TON of them, like 200-300 . I looked through some of them and pulled out a stack of interesting looking records and brand new ones. The records were like a 90% country and 10% everthing else mix. Most of the music was 60s-80s stuff. I culled through the albums I had, getting the ones worth buying (Thank God for being able to look up stuff on eBay with my phone) I got Jerry Lee Lewis Keeps Rockin', White Mansions A Tale from the American Civil War 1861-1865, and Janis Ian's self titled album from 1978, all brand new in the original shrinkwrap. I also got a promo Dolly Parton album (the entire record is pink vinyl ), Switched on Nashville (a collection of country music played on Moog synthesizers. How could I not buy it?) and 96 Tears by Question Mark & the Mysterians, all opened but in good shape. Question Mark & the Mysterians are a garage band from the 60s, and their only hit was "96 Tears". I didn't know who they were but it seems that the album I got of theirs is probably worth $40-50 on eBay. "96 Tears" isn't too bad a song either. The promo Dolly Parton album is worth like $20, the civil war album should be worth the same, and the rest (excluding Switched on Moog) are worth like $10-15. Lastly I got a set of 4 Hank Williams records made of a reddish-brown vinyl, a set put out by the Franklin Mint. They're supposed to be archival quality records, and i have no idea of their value. All of the records were $1 a piece. There was a guy at the sale that I know and he knows a lot about records. He was still looking when we left but he insisted that most of the stuff was junk. Something tells me he got some valuable records as well since he had a big stack of them set aside. I don't know what to think of him, he insisted that my Question Mark & the Mysterions record was the best of all the records there and that it was worth $100, though eBay says otherwise.

That's really it, I got some cables and adapters and things from the sale as well, but nothing really interesting or worth mentioning.
    Is the 96 Tears the LP or just the 45? The LP is worth closer to $75-100 if it's nm/m, and probably only $40-50 if it's in decent condition. Asking $100 for a record at GW is still ridiculous.

Bell (Level 8) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    Switched on Nashville (a collection of country music played on Moog synthesizers. How could I not buy it?)
    OFFICIAL KITSUNE SNIPER FIND SEAL OF APPROVAL.
    Aaaand holy crap Kitsune, listen to the glorious Moog country music!

Quote Originally Posted by pseudonym View Post
    Is the 96 Tears the LP or just the 45? The LP is worth closer to $75-100 if it's nm/m, and probably only $40-50 if it's in decent condition. Asking $100 for a record at GW is still ridiculous.
    No one was asking $100 for it. A person that I knew was shopping for records as well, and he told me it was worth that. 96 Tears is the LP version, in stereo (Parkway/Cameo records number SC-2004). It's in decent shape, the record itself is in like mint condition, looks like it was only played once or twice (not a scratch on it), while the sleeve has some light spotting on the back and a small amount of wear to the side you insert (not bad condition at all). I paid $1 for it
    Last edited by Ryaan1234; 05-13-2010 at 05:34 PM.
    Check my auctions here! I am in the business of finding off-beat things, including video game stuff!

View my collection!

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Default kinda rainy console day

Went to a few garage sales today. Started out trying to get to one that advertised PS3, Nintendo, Sega, etc. Only problem is their ad said to follow signs from a certain intersection. Well, that intersection had about 6 different signs. So the first one I got to seemed like the one, but no games. I asked about old games and they showed me a (closed, generic) box I'd missed with the PS1 stuff in it. God knows the last thing I need is another PS1, but it with all the games and all was $3, so I took it anyway. The only non-sports games are Twisted Metal 2-3 (reason I bought it), Jet Moto 1-3, and a NFS game. I asked if they advertised on CL, but they hadn't. So I went chasing other signs, but 2 didn't start till later and I struck out at a third.

Finally found the right one and saw the PS3 as I was walking up. Its a 60gb w/ all the original docs/accessories, but apparently it does not read discs. Bummer, but for $40 I thought I'd get it to do my first PS3 repair. Any tips/recommendations/links? They also had the nicer NES with hookups/controllers/gun for $5. Apparently all the games went first thing. Damn me for not following the right sign!

The SMS with games was $7 (asking 5 for the console & 3 for the games). Missing a controller and the pack-in games, unless this is the one with them onboard. I'll have to check.

The other NES (bare) was from a thrift a couple days ago for 3.95, an AC adapter that'll work with it for 1.95, and a PS2slim AC for 3.95. Then it was 25% off all that because it was Tuesday.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

No one was asking $100 for it. A person that I knew was shopping for records as well, and he told me it was worth that. 96 Tears is the LP version, in stereo (Parkway/Cameo records number SC-2004). It's in decent shape, the record itself is in like mint condition, looks like it was only played once or twice (not a scratch on it), while the sleeve has some light spotting on the back and a small amount of wear to the side you insert (not bad condition at all). I paid $1 for it
    My mistake. The stereo version is worth a little less than the mono version; you could still get $30-40 or so for it I bet.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

... That sounds godawful. D:

But I bet I can use it on a Youtube video.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    JCinc421

Bought some cheapies for even cheaper today! Everything is for PS2 and complete/mint

- Future Tactics the Uprising
    - Trigger Man
    - Defender
    - Raiden III
    all 4 for $2.00

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Oh damn, I hope mine hasn't gotten like that. I have been to it in a few weeks at least. Mine's usually the same, with oddball stuff and fair prices.

Same for me, except I can look stuff up on my phone, right in front of the employees without them knowing .

Oh, the store bugs me a lot. Every time I've been in there I've seen people walk in asking to donate computers, most of them fairly new. In fact, a lot of things bugs me about Goodwill Computer Works. Have you ever noticed how they charge basically new computer price for 3-5 year old used computers? How about how they charge $20 per laptop charger, regardless of brand or age? How about how they charge people per pound to take their old CRT monitors? Yeah, they actually charge people money to take something. Don't get me started on some other things they do. The manager at my GCW actually bids against people in their weekly auctions. His excuse: "That shouldn't sell at such a low price." Heh, I'd hate the Goodwill Computer Works if it weren't for the occasional deal I find over there.

Well once I was in there, I was fairly certain I overheard an employee talking about recently getting in Dracula X and how one of the employees got pick of good games.

Well I was duped into buying a few games several dollars over fair market value. I sort of trusted them, thinking that they were asking a reasonable price for a rarer game until I got home and saw what I could have gotten it for on eBay. Especially some Wisdom Tree games for the NES. If someone wasn't looking at a rarity guide then why would they put such a weird title like The Wizard Of OZ for the SNES behind a glass case and charge $9 for it? Or Panzer Dragoon for the Saturn for $30 (not Saga)?

Anyway I was actually starting to like Goodwill Computer Works for a while, because I was getting decent deals. Now it seems like thy're trying to take advantage of certain types customers. This has been going on for several months now.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

$2.99 each at Salvation Army-

PS1-
    Pandemonium 2
    Crash Bandicoot (GH)
    Tetris Plus (GH)
    Bust-A-Move 2

PS2-
    Neopets-The Darkest Faerie Demo Disc (Sealed)

And this...which is a DVD for a Honda IndyCar commercial.

Bell (Level 8) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    ... That sounds godawful. D:

But I bet I can use it on a Youtube video.
    Hmmm, I found somewhere with free downloads of all the songs on Switched on Nashville, and I've been listening to them for the last hour or so. It's not that bad of an album, actually. The concept may be strange but the songs don't even sound like country music, they almost sound like some sort of progressive Kraftwerk-y type music. (It's hard to describe)
    Check my auctions here! I am in the business of finding off-beat things, including video game stuff!

View my collection!

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

google 4 gaga
    Last edited by UnpluggedClone; 05-28-2010 at 06:41 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    cloneholt
    PSN
    cloneholt

Quote Originally Posted by UnpluggedClone View Post
    Turbo $4.99 goodwill It's like new in box i've never seen such a new looking turbo, even the manual is glossy. I have a turbo box but i didn't have the manual and all the inserts.
    Holy Christ, man! Seriously - you live in Videogame heaven, Gaming Xanadu, and every other great name that can be thought of. I mean, it's getting ridiculous....

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Hmmm, I found somewhere with free downloads of all the songs on Switched on Nashville, and I've been listening to them for the last hour or so. It's not that bad of an album, actually. The concept may be strange but the songs don't even sound like country music, they almost sound like some sort of progressive Kraftwerk-y type music. (It's hard to describe)
    I already got the whole thing.

I'll listen to it tonight, but I don't have much hope for the rest of it. It sounds like an out of tune NES.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

google 4 gaga
    Last edited by UnpluggedClone; 05-28-2010 at 06:41 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

No one is really angry or annoyed at you. You've just been getting a lot of nice stuff and we're all jealous.

I found American McGee's Alice, Starcraft/Broodwar, and Beyond the Dark Portal (War2 add-on) today in a thrift for $1 each. I've been looking for another copy of Alice for awhile so I'm happy.

Cherry (Level 1) HurricaneAndrew's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cornelius View Post
    The SMS with games was $7 (asking 5 for the console & 3 for the games). Missing a controller and the pack-in games, unless this is the one with them onboard. I'll have to check.
    That one does have Hang On/Safari Hunt built-in.
    I collect for: Odyssey2, Atari 2600, Atari 5200, ColecoVision, NES, SNES, N64, SMS, Genesis, Dreamcast, PSX, and TI-99/4A

Strawberry (Level 2) allyourblood's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I could post dozens more examples like the following, but I'm afraid it wouldn't fit, even in several posts, so I think this will do for now. Enjoy!

I'm sorry man i know i feel like an asshole sometimes i honestly don't mean to piss people off. But i'm just posting my finds. I think the biggest thing is i have more time on my hands to go hunting then most people here. I live in a good sized city and i have a few connections to different places for retro stuff...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=230462307787

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=400115520866

Picked this up today $2 bucks at a mom and pop thrift store they are all near mint.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=220462077058

Also if you cant see the super nintendo game is joe and mac 2 and omfg i've been playing rc pro am 2 and it's fucking great never played it before. It's a lot better then 1.
    The games at a pawn shop for $3 a peice and the video selector for $4 and the other things for $2
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=320527283056

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=320523478742
    2 things i went back to the same thrift store i found the sega cd games and i found 4 more.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=320504535814

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=170468107976

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=170468106024

bullshit not sure what you mean? If the deals are real?
    I've bought less then 10 games total ever on ebay, and my collection is larger then yours. If it wasn't for going to pawn shops, thrift stores etc... I wouldn't have what i have.
    Last edited by allyourblood; 05-14-2010 at 04:33 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

lol

thread of the year
    And don't bring up that stupid girlie Aladdin rip off! Shantea?

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

allyourblood, I love you so fucking much. An extreme rampant fronter has been exposed. I love it.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Blitzwing256's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    blitzwing256
    PSN
    blitzwing256

that made my morning, awesome thank you!