Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any way to get over this feeling when collecting?

Apple (Level 5) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Any way to get over this feeling when collecting?

I mean, I want to collect for the SNES but then I Play Games on the Genesis and I'm like Must get games for Genesis but deep inside I want to collect for the SNES. I'm conflicted . I think it is me wanting to play all the Genesis games I missed growing up. So what is a good way of getting over this Genesis phase and collecting for the SNES again?

BTW I'm going to have more Genesis than SNES games In a few days.
    What's up with islands? Get more land.
    What's up with deserts? Get less sand.

Apple (Level 5) Shadow Kisuragi's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I grew up playing all of the Nintendo systems growing up, but I find that I'm a lot more interested in collecting Sega and other systems because I always wanted to play those games. My heart lies with the Nintendo systems, but my curiosity always gets the best of me.

It's also easier to collect the Sega stuff CIB since the Nintendo stuff was all cardboard boxes

Convince yourself to play the SNES games and it may help rekindle your interest.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Kisuragi View Post
    Convince yourself to play the SNES games and it may help rekindle your interest.
    That would help, but I feel like there aren't any SNES games that I really want besides Chrono Trigger.So playing would be enjoyable but it wont get me over that feeling that my collection is complete and I have all the games I want for it. also There are good games that I don't have but I don't know them. But when I get to the Genesis I Feel like I'm missing something and that Fuels a desire in me to get more Genesis games.
    Last edited by Urzu402; 05-04-2010 at 09:57 PM.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I say let SNES go for now. Why do you want to get over the Genesis phase? Just enjoy it.
    Last edited by XYXZYZ; 05-04-2010 at 10:33 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I own almost all of the Big name titles on the SNES thats why I feel my collection is complete while I don't know what all of the big name titles are on the Genesis so. It may just be that I'm really a Genesis fan. Also the Genesis has loads of Cheap games that are great unlike the SNES so thats another reason I'm on a Genesis Phase. Genesis games give me joy, while SNES games give me greater joy.

EDIT: My reason to get SNES games is to play them but I think it is the loads of cheap great games the Genesis has to offer is one of the key things that draws me away from the SNES
    Last edited by Urzu402; 05-04-2010 at 10:34 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Buy yourself choanki Im pretty sure you will never steer clear of the snes again when you pop that import in
    U GAIZ JUST DONT LIKE CHANGE , (builds a artificial foundation here)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, the way I see it is that - the SNES has some fantastic games. But not a ton of them. The Genesis has some great games, but maybe not as good as the greatest SNES games. It seems that the Genesis has a bigger selection of games that are just GOOD. Sure both consoles have games that totally suck. But it seems that the good:suck ratio on the Genesis is better.

Did that make any sense?

And yes, collecting for the Genesis is MUCH easier because the games are dirt cheap, and they come in hard cases (most of the time). Genesis is the way to go for budget retro gaming!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Urzu402 View Post
    I mean, I want to collect for the SNES but then I Play Games on the Genesis and I'm like Must get games for Genesis but deep inside I want to collect for the SNES. I'm conflicted . I think it is me wanting to play all the Genesis games I missed growing up. So what is a good way of getting over this Genesis phase and collecting for the SNES again?

BTW I'm going to have more Genesis than SNES games In a few days.
    I don't get why you're even asking us.

But if you want some advice on getting over it, follow these steps. Get up from your computer chair, turn around and make three full rotations, then hop twice and stand still for 25.5 seconds, and then sit back down. You should be cured of this affliction of wanting to play Genesis games while feeling guilty that you aren't buying more SuperNes games.

Or you could just play games and have fun and not keep us updated on every classic gaming thought, every observation you make, every purchase debate, etc. Just play the games and have some fun. Did you really think you were going to get a useful answer to your question? We're not magicians, we can't change what you feel like playing or what you decide to purchase.

If you want to stop getting Genesis titles and start picking up SuperNes titles, just do it. It's the only way it's going to happen.
    Last edited by Leo_A; 05-05-2010 at 12:43 AM.

Insert Coin (Level 0) dayzed4life's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Why focus on just one system? I have many great games on multiple systems. My SNES collection is very small but the games I do have are great I think. I have alot of Sega games though, alot more than I have of SNES games. I don't feel guilty... I just pick up what I can find cheaply or what I feel is a good deal. I get to play alot of good games this way. If you focus on one system I feel like your missing out, but that's just me!

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

google 4 gaga
    Last edited by UnpluggedClone; 05-28-2010 at 06:39 PM.

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

Why do you have to get over anything? Can't you buy games for both? Sounds like its just an issue of making time for yourself to play the games. Make a schedule, this week, Genesis, next SNES or something like that.
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

At this point, to me, collecting for either system is the same. I had both at (though not at the same time) back in the day and while you can distinguish between the systems they're roughly the same experience.

Throw in some Turbo Grafx gaming with a dab of Neo-Geo and you are collecting for an era...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Chrozi

I"m going to let you in on a little secret;

Its ok to like Sega in your later years while staying loyal to Nintendo.

I was a Sega guy my whole life, all the grown Nintendo kids can now look past the Genesis' short comings in hardware can now enjoy the games for what they are, and they're realizing there was some damn good fun to be had.

Its ok, the Genesis was a great system and the games are now easy and cheap to come by. So don't worry, when you see a good Genny game, get it and enjoy it. When that elusive SNES game you been holding out for shows up, grab that too.

Get Star Control and Starflight for a couple gaming experiences that couldn't be found on the SNES
    Last edited by Xian042; 05-05-2010 at 07:50 AM. Reason: grammer
    "Oh my lord it's nutty, yup!"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PapaStu View Post
    Why do you have to get over anything? Can't you buy games for both? Sounds like its just an issue of making time for yourself to play the games. Make a schedule, this week, Genesis, next SNES or something like that.
    I made a Genesis recomendation topic that went a little too well. Now I feel the need to get every game mentioned in that topic for the Genesis. I did make a SNES recommendation topic and I got one of the games recomended. I already played my SNES collection, because I have had it longer than my Genesis collection.I guess it really is the aspect of the Genesis being cheap compared to the SNES. But it just feels wrong having more Genesis games than SNES ones.

Professional Geek Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Why the drama?

They're both excellent systems, each with their own pros and cons. Just relax. You owe neither company your allegiance.

Remember, that war is long over. Enjoy the games without guilt.

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

I really don't get the conflict with this. It's more like the deep conflict people experience when questioning their own sexuality.

Quote Originally Posted by Urzu402 View Post
    I mean, I want to like girls but then I see guys and I'm like Must like girls but deep inside I want to like guys. I'm conflicted . I think it is me wanting to try things I missed growing up. So what is a good way of getting over this guy phase and liking girls again?
    No offense to anyone but that's the way this "problem" came across to me. They're both video game systems with good games, why be bothered by liking both? They're just video games, you're not cheating on your SNES. It's like sending back your dinner because the chicken is touching the peas, a big fuss over nothing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm not bothered by liking both, I mean the systems. It's just I was not expecting to have more Genesis games than SNES games at any time. I don't know, I guess I subconsciously like the Genesis more but consciously I like the SNES. I want to subconsciously like the SNES lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You think too hard. It's easy. Sell all of your SNES games except the absolute keepers, and start buying up Sega stuff. Genesis, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast.. hell even pick up a Master System and a Game Gear. Just do your research before you get "buy happy", cause you will have to dodge a lot of crap - as with any console.

Sega is addicting, trust me - I know. Join the Daaaarkside Urzu...
    Last edited by Oldskool; 05-06-2010 at 01:15 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I already own a Sega CD, Sega Saturn, and Sega Dreamcast and even a Game Gear (no Master System). but those don't give me the satisfaction I seek.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gameguy View Post
    It's like sending back your dinner because the chicken is touching the peas, a big fuss over nothing.
    But food shouldn't touch! That's why it's called "food!"

(Couldn't resist.)

Back on topic, Damaramu said it best:

They're both excellent systems, each with their own pros and cons. Just relax. You owe neither company your allegiance.

Remember, that war is long over. Enjoy the games without guilt.

Collection List | Twitter
    Check out the new N64 Rumble Pak. See how it feels to feel what you see.