Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Your childhood systems - what shape are they in?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Not sure how I'm going to define childhood, but the only systems I had as a "child" were as follows:

SNES: 1995-1997, ages 10-12. Mint condition but got traded on my N64. Someone basically got a brand new SNES when they bought my lovely Super Mario All-Stars set.

N64: 1997-today, age 12 onwards. Still have this system, box and everything and is still part of my regular system setup. Has worked perfectly for 13 years straight. Joystick is still excellent, though that's because I barely used the standard grey one.

Atari Lynx: 1997-today, age 12 onwards. Was bought second-hand, no box or anything, but in as-new condition. Only had about 1 year of regular usage though, as new Lynx games dried up hella fast that year.

Game Boy Color: 1998-today, age 13 onwards. Xmas '98 gift, still has box and everything and has stayed in mostly minty condition ever since. Was in regular usage until 2001 when I got my GBA.

Going to stop there as I feel that 13 isn't really "childhood" anymore.

Pear (Level 6) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well my Sega Genesis is still in very good shape,granted I've taken it apart and ran the case through the dish washer to clean it,it still works flawlessly without any cartridge blowing.

My N64 however,a couple of months ago,the power supply fried but granted I used to play that thing all the time so it was just a matter of time. Controller wise,the original grey that came with the system is sunburned,yea it actually turned abit brownish. The joystick,well Mario Party destoryed it so,yea,I replaced it.

Also my first Gameboy,the screen isn't in too bad of shape,some regular usage scratches here and there but no major ones,I can always replace the screen cover if I wanted and no battery leaks at all yay!

Box wise,well,I still have all the boxes from the games I bought new for my N64,some are in better shape than others,its cardboard so yea,didn't expect much preservation out of them. And speaking of boxes,I ripped my N64 system box to pieces,why I don't know,I was 6 and dumb.

To think,my Genesis is 21 years old and my N64 14 years old,wow has it really been that long,ah good times,sucks getting old lol.
    "...leave love bleeding, in my hands, in my hands again..."

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    jdotaku

Well my first was an n64 which I believe got thrown out or traded off as many have

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

All dead and gone. I had to replace my 2600, INTV, and ColecoVision.