Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you feel content with your collection?

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

As far as Sega Saturn is concerned I'm pretty much have what I wanted. I couldn't and afford most of Saturn stuff during its hey days so I started to collect about 2001 and after several years now I'm content with what I had collected.

Now for Dreamcast, 64DD, PC Engine, 3DO, MegaDrive the quest shall continue~ ^ ^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    swlovinist

I never would have thought that my collection would be where it is today. I feel very fortunate to have been lucky enough to start collecting when I did. Even if I never bought another game, I would die in peace. At this point, anything else is just extra.
    Would you like to know more about collecting video games? Check out my extensive Youtube channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/swlovinist

Strawberry (Level 2) allyourblood's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

To be completely realistic, there are about 60-70 titles that I really want to obtain; games I either haven't played in years, or have looked at on YouTube or other sites longingly, waiting for my chance to enjoy them (not a fan of ROMs and burnt games that I don't own); most of those are either rare US titles or (more likely) imports. While I'm eager to own them, I'm patient, and I'll obtain them all over time.

On the other hand, there are several platforms for which I will purchase any game I do not own, as long they're inexpensive and local, with the Genesis and Dreamcast being the worst offenders. Many of these games are not must-own titles, so how long it takes me to find and play them is of very little importance.

I have dozens of treasures in my collection; stuff other people would love to own. I have a great appreciation for those items; I'm grateful that I own them, and I don't take any of it for granted. I also own so many games that I couldn't complete them all if I actively spent the next couple years trying to do so. Both of those factors make me more than content with my collection. It's a fun mix of hundreds of great titles that reflects my own personal tastes and history in video games as a hobby.

I should be so lucky to have what I do!!

Keeper of the Terror Mask
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    therealdire51

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Megas View Post
    I'm content with my collection since I only acquire the games that I actually want to play. I have too many games to finish, even if I took a few years off from work and gamed everyday, so I'm straight. I don't collect for volume, and I couldn't care less about finding rare titles just because they're rare. It's cool that others enjoy that, but it's just not my thing.

As I've said before, I'm not a game collector so much as a gamer with a collection.
    This sums up my feelings perfectly.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Rickstilwell1's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    PSN
    TheGameCollector

There's always something I want to get in my collection. I haven't really worked long enough in my life to come close to that. But I'm on hold. No job, in college, and no room for more stuff. I actually changed the focus of my collecting of anything & everything to specific types of things and want to get rid of certain things.
    [quote name='Shidou Mariya' date='Nov 17 2010, 10:05 PM' post='4889940']
    I'm a collector, but only to a certain extent.
    Not as extreme as Rickstilwell though.[/quote]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

A big part of me wants to throw in the towel, after a fashion; just get multicarts and A/V hack all my systems, but that can only apply to the classic cart systems. But I still have an interest in (pre-crash) classic gaming memorabilia, and that's not 'multi-cartable'. We haven't even talked about the disc-based systems.
    Lick me! LICK ME!!

One of the hopeless idiots that runs SC3; (Southern California Classic Collectors):
    www.sc3videogames.com

Insert Coin (Level 0) calistarwind's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have been collecting games now for around 15 years. I received alot of my games from customers in the beginning knowing that I would give them a good home. As my collection has grown, I've come to realize I'm now more obsessed with perfecting my collection. So many things were given to me in alright shape, but books were missing or the disc was so-so. I have started to go back through my collection in an effort to FIX the collection I already have. Printing nice cover art, looking for manuals and over all just shaping up my existing collection.

In the past 10 years I've really started to focus on RPG's since it is what I had the most of. As I've grown-up I have become more picky about what I add. At almost 1,000 games at this point and piles of collectables and standees I am out of room. I am growing more at peace with what I have as I add value to my existing stuff.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    DONNIemo
    PSN
    DONNIemo

Hmm well now having over 2000 games and heaps of consoles, I dont think il ever be stopping anytime soon, its just soo addictive searching, the daily packages arriving at the door from all over the world, the non stop ebay searching and refreshing, and market and second hand store searching. Its just fills the huge hole in my life, and i love it.

I will go on untill my last dollar

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hell no! My collection sucks! Here it is:

3 N64 games
    10 NES games
    8 SNES games
    3 Genesis games
    2 Famicom disks
    1 MVS cart (World Heroes, it sucks)

Hopefully, I will have some $ to spend on it when my CMVS is sold... Maybe even more when my consolized ST-V is done. With those 2 put together, I'm thinking maybe 1500$.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I am actually fairly overwhelmed with my collection as is (and it's pretty miniscule compared to the average here). Part of this is just considering all the different ways I could lose what I have -- such as through theft, fire, or uh... devastating earthquake. I have learned to appreciate much more that which I already own, so that should the worst come, I know I've gotten my money's worth out of what I have hoarded for so long.

That said, there are about 25 games on my wishlist for the systems I've got.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm happy with what I have, though my biggest problem now is lack of space. It would be nice to have another room I could dedicate to my hobby.

- Lasermouse

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have a solid Saturn collection & a solid N64 collection. As little as I have time for games anymore, that is more than enough. I'll probably eventually sell off the smaller Dreamcast & WII collections that I have.
    Sega Saturn USB DataLink - www.GamingEnterprisesInc.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

wants > needs

NEVER SATISFACTIONS

Although I definitely am at the point where I have a huge backlog, there's still tons of stuff I'd be interested in buying. Hrm, I wish I was a better player, too...