Thread: I’m looking for game Tec. quality game bits!

Pretzel (Level 4) understatement's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default I’m looking for game Tec. quality game bits!

Mainly the 4.5mm one, I have stripped three of them now. The 3.8mm cheap ones seem to hold up (only because the screws are so short that they remove.)

So I’m looking for some game Tec. quality game bits. I had a talk with the owner of a PnT and he showed me the bit that he had and it was made out of hardened steel (or just a hard metal) and not the malleable metal that the cheap ones are. I asked where he got it and if he could get me one (it was a while ago but I think) he told me he got it from the main PnT and sadly he couldn’t get me one. So I know that they are out there but I don’t know where to get one.
    My Ebay Feedback My DP Feedback
    VVV Work in Progress VVV

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Check around at your local tool stores. Also check guys like Mac, Matco, etc. They have to have the bit. It's basically just a "reverse security/torx bit" I believe it's called. I just got one off Ebay for a buck or two, seems to be ok for me and I've used it a lot. I couldn't tell ya who I got it from anymore.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If you are interested in some really professional ones I have these ones from Japan that are wonderful. They are full size screw drivers, with long bits that can reach even into the SNES with ease. They are however really expensive at $35.00 a piece. If you are interested I can get you a set, since I can only get them wholesale, otherwise I would post the link to the site

Pretzel (Level 4) understatement's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oldskool View Post
    Check around at your local tool stores. Also check guys like Mac, Matco, etc. They have to have the bit. It's basically just a "reverse security/torx bit" I believe it's called. I just got one off Ebay for a buck or two, seems to be ok for me and I've used it a lot. I couldn't tell ya who I got it from anymore.
    I have looked for them in tool stores and I got a nice set of the regular 5 point torx star bits but there were no reverse star bits. Ebay is where I got all the game bits I have now all of them are great for game carts but not so great for systems.

Quote Originally Posted by Starwander View Post
    If you are interested in some really professional ones I have these ones from Japan that are wonderful. They are full size screw drivers, with long bits that can reach even into the SNES with ease. They are however really expensive at $35.00 a piece. If you are interested I can get you a set, since I can only get them wholesale, otherwise I would post the link to the site
    I didn’t want to go over $20 but this sounds like something I would want, can you take some pics of yours and post them I manly want to see the inside of the tip.
    My Ebay Feedback My DP Feedback
    VVV Work in Progress VVV

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by understatement View Post
    I have looked for them in tool stores and I got a nice set of the regular 5 point torx star bits but there were no reverse star bits. Ebay is where I got all the game bits I have now all of them are great for game carts but not so great for systems.

I didn’t want to go over $20 but this sounds like something I would want, can you take some pics of yours and post them I manly want to see the inside of the tip.
    Here is a picture of the tip of the screw driver, sorry for the delay