Thread: Where to buy Video Games (SNES-Gamecube) in Rochester, NY

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Where to buy Video Games (SNES-Gamecube) in Rochester, NY

I'm going to be visiting my brother this upcoming weekend in Rochester, NY and am wondering where the best places to buy video games would be? I'm looking for SNES, N64, Gamecube. He told me there are a ton of Gamestops as well as Gamecrazy's (I think). I know that Gamecube is the oldest Nintendo system that Gamestop carries, and I'm not really sure about Gamecrazy.
    Is there anywhere else near Rochester that I should know about? Any hidden gems out there? I'm really looking to add to my Gamecube collection (all the Gamestops will help), but they charge quite a bit for some titles, and it would be nice to get them for less.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Insert Coin (Level 0) lookfun78's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The only one I know of that sells snes, n64, and gamecube is games near rochester is VideoGame Monster‎ which is at 177 Latta Road, Rochester. Also a note this sells everything from atari on up to the new stuff. Check out there site here http://www.videogamemonster.com/ note this the list on the left side is not a complete list of all the old system that they sell games for plus only a small used game section online. Oh and gamecrazy is just like gamestop. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by lookfun78; 05-16-2010 at 10:51 AM.

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for the reply! I'll definitely check that place out! How are the prices? I'm pretty pumped just to have so many Gamestops nearby, since there is only 1 near my house, and there are 8 within driving distance of Rochester.

Quote Originally Posted by lookfun78 View Post
    The only one I know of that sells snes, n64, and gamecube is games near rochester is VideoGame Monster‎ which is at 177 Latta Road, Rochester. Also a note this sells everything from atari on up to the new stuff. Check out there site here http://www.videogamemonster.com/ note this the list on the left side is not a complete list of all the old system that they sell games for plus only a small used game section online. Oh and gamecrazy is just like gamestop. Hope this helps.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Is that old video game store in "downtown" Batavia still there? It used to be packed to the brim with NES/SNES/Genesis/etc for a reasonable price. If so, it's a great store and worth the short drive from Crotchfester. I haven't been out that way in a few years.