Thread: Alan Wake

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SkaarDragoon

Ok, finished it and loved it.

The LE I bought came with a code for free DLC. Free DLC not out until July. But they are selling two parts of a DLC on there already for 800 points each. Is that not free somehow or are we expected to buy them too? I inputted my code and it downloaded 500MB of ?!?

$89 for an LE... and $20 for more stuff on release day?

Unhappy face.
    <Sothy> its the internet <Sothy> who cares

Quote Originally Posted by Daltone View Post
    This is a classic gaming site and the most active thread is a load of people wanking off to my little pony.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by skaar View Post
    The LE I bought came with a code for free DLC. Free DLC not out until July. But they are selling two parts of a DLC on there already for 800 points each. Is that not free somehow or are we expected to buy them too? I inputted my code and it downloaded 500MB of ?!?
    Those "two parts" of DLC for 800 points each are the two episodes I talked about in my previous post. You can't download either yet. The first one(titled "The Signal") will be free with your code(that came with new copies of the game) once it becomes available. The second dlc episode will not be free and I'm going to guess that it will also be 800 Microsoft points.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Picked up the LE also, yet to open it up yet because of a game called Split/Second that I'm currently addicted to big time:-)

Proud owner of a PS3, Xbox 360, Nintendo Wii, PSP and 3DS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Eternal Tune
    PSN
    EternalTune

Also, for the record the Amazon pre-order codes were for an Alan Wake t-shirt for a male avatar, a female avatar and then Bright Falls theme.
    RIP Kamino. 1984-2010. Yes, yes I do like nes...

<+skaar> Maybe you should ask yourself "What is it about me that makes men not want to let me penetrate them?"

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    bow to postulio
    PSN
    MofoicDisaster

so no one read the book yet?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Saving the webisodes and the book for after I finish the game in case of spoilers

I already got one spoiler just from the goddamn titles of the DLC currently. Bah @ DLC.
    scooterb: "I once shot a man in Catan, just to watch him die."

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    bow to postulio
    PSN
    MofoicDisaster

i just finished the 2nd episode, i wish i had more time to play, seems i can get like 1 episode in every 2 days at this rate (alas, real life beckons).

LOVING the game so far. i cannot recommend it enough to horror fans (im not really one myself) and fans of just good mature game/film making! it really does play like a well written movie (but you actually play 99% of it, vs watching cgi).

this game doesnt seem very popular here, its a pity, as a place filled with mature gamers, i figured this would be a hit. are people just unwilling to spend the money (i dont blame you, times are tough) or still hesitant to buy?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just finished the game. Besides for a "wtf" ending, this has "game of the year" written all over it, especially for it's story. And I can even give the ending a pass because I know the story will be continued thru the DLC.

Now that I finished my first play thru I can go read the book and watch the special features dvd(I also didn't want to accidentally discover any spoilers before I finished). Tomorrow I will start my nightmare play thru so that I can clean up the rest of my achievement list.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Since I'm on my second playthru(nightmare difficulty) I decided to enable the developers commentary while I play. This is the only console game I can ever remember having a commentary soudtrack thru out the actual game, although they pretty much pop in and out at certain points with useful information. You have to install this commentary track from the bonus disc and then enable it from the game disc. Doing so unlocks an avatar trophy(a long sleeve shirt/jacket thingie). And you can turn the commentary on and off at your leisure from the options menu.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Oobgarm
    PSN
    Oobgarm
    Steam
    Oobgarm

Quote Originally Posted by Poofta! View Post
    this game doesnt seem very popular here, its a pity, as a place filled with mature gamers, i figured this would be a hit. are people just unwilling to spend the money (i dont blame you, times are tough) or still hesitant to buy?
    After hearing you can pretty much blow through this one, I can't justify $60 on it, even if it's a great experience. Yeah, there will be DLC, but I can't help but think I'll have the same feelings about it as I did with Heavy Rain and Dante's Inferno: fun, but not $60 fun.

This game has $29.99 all over it for me.
    RIP bargora, you will be greatly missed.That is how we do things on Giedion Prime.

OCP Corporate Liason Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    RAGNAR0K N ROLL
    PSN
    ROBOCOP2

I just picked up the game tonight havent had a chance to play it yet. While I would normally wait; the LE was just too cool to risk missing out on and it seems to be relatively hard to find around here already so it was a no brainer for me at least,
    Quote Originally Posted by bangtango View Post
    If you have trouble figuring out the meaning of "Multiplayer", "Time Trial" or "Campaign" without the manual, I probably don't want you doing my income taxes for me and I don't want you dating my daughter either.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just beat the game on Nightmare difficulty. I'm missing 2 thermos, 2 signs, 1 chest and 1 page. And thats all by just playing thru the game twice and exploring as much as possible. I'll probably use a guide to find the remaining items. I can't wait for the first DLC to come out.
    Last edited by The 1 2 P; 04-15-2011 at 12:49 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What a difference a day makes. I just found the remaining thermos, signs and chest I needed as well as getting the other achievments I was missing. So now I have perfected this game for a perfect 1000 out of 1000 gamerscore. It feels good to have conquered this game....until the DLC comes out and adds more achievements and gamerscore
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    RAGNAR0K N ROLL
    PSN
    ROBOCOP2

Let me just say that the battle at the farm is one of the most epic things I have done in a game in a while. THAT is what the stage battles in Brutal Legend should have been like
    If you have trouble figuring out the meaning of "Multiplayer", "Time Trial" or "Campaign" without the manual, I probably don't want you doing my income taxes for me and I don't want you dating my daughter either.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Robocop2 View Post
    Let me just say that the battle at the farm is one of the most epic things I have done in a game in a while. THAT is what the stage battles in Brutal Legend should have been like
    I agree. I didn't bring it up before because I didn't want to spoil anything but you really can't spoil it. I can easily say that it was one of the best gaming moments I have experienced this year though.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    bow to postulio
    PSN
    MofoicDisaster

yeah the stage was an awesome game segment. they should do something like that in a zombie game >=P
    Last edited by Poofta!; 06-08-2010 at 01:17 AM.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

Started this one a few days ago. I'm enjoying it. The whole presentation made me turn off my lights, been a long time since I did that in a game (Silent Hill 2 long time). The story (and manuscript pages) are intriguing as all hell. The combat is a little bland but still fun. Almost done with Episode 2. Only gripe is:

Quote Originally Posted by maxlords View Post
    2. The camera. AW has one of the worst cameras I've seen in a long time. I LOVE the fact that you can move it as you please. I DESPISE the fact that it's got NO AI AT ALL.
    Holy hell yes. The very first Taken you run into, in the nightmare, I started backing away from on the bridge. I get to the end and I'm like 'Wtf, where do I go?' and I get hacked to bits. Next time, I manually turn the camera and keep going. Riiiight.

That and the characters look a little plasticy, but I can forgive that.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I picked up the LE, I agree with the above posters that it is worth the extra cost. The book is cool, however I was hoping it was going to be the manuscript from the game. I know I can read it in the game if I really want, but I thought that would have been a cool "breaking the 3rd wall" kind of thing.

They really nailed small tourist town in the Pacific Northwest. Completely. The sounds of the forest, the landscapes, the kooky locals, shops, everything. Added so much to the atmosphere, and the game is already dripping in atmosphere.

Overall, I loved the game, despite its flaws. I am really disappointed to see it is not selling well. It never cracked the top 20 played games on Live. When I picked up my preordered copy, there were only 2 or 3 copies sitting next to the PILES of Red Dead. Shame it doesn't get more sales love than it has, because it seems to get good remarks from everyone who plays it.
    -Dobie
    NES, SNES, & Gameboy Collector

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

Not selling well? Really? That's a shame. Also: another vote for the lovely LE.

Just started Episode 4. Really digging it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    RAGNAR0K N ROLL
    PSN
    ROBOCOP2

Yeah the LE rocks easily the best LE I've seen.

Its funny you mention the sales of the game. I posted about it on another forum I visit in the video game thread( that should probably tell me something right there if theres ONE thread for all gaming) and the only response I got was a silly comment about how the name of the game reminded one guy of Alan Thicke. Really? Of course most of that thread is corrupted with guitar hero/rock band song pack releases or chatter about 3D. They have been talking alot about Red Dead though so maybe its just that Red Dead is the more mainstream of the two?