Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sega Graphic Board

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello again guys ! 4 years later, that password was hard to remember ! lol !

So, long story short, I'm now interested in selling this historic piece. I've been doing some research again on the web and apparently since the last time I posted here, nobody came up with another prototype and my pictures here were lifted to be put on many other websites with people implying that more than one prototype versions have been "spotted", yet only my pictures are around.

My question : Because of the unique nature of the item, is there any kind of auction house through which I could go to sell this item to collectors. eBay is out of the question, since I want a safe transaction with a safe payment method and possibly through a 3rd party. Anyone have experience in selling such a unique item related to videogames?

Thanks in advance!

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Virtualogik View Post
    Hello again guys ! 4 years later, that password was hard to remember ! lol !

So, long story short, I'm now interested in selling this historic piece. I've been doing some research again on the web and apparently since the last time I posted here, nobody came up with another prototype and my pictures here were lifted to be put on many other websites with people implying that more than one prototype versions have been "spotted", yet only my pictures are around.

My question : Because of the unique nature of the item, is there any kind of auction house through which I could go to sell this item to collectors. eBay is out of the question, since I want a safe transaction with a safe payment method and possibly through a 3rd party. Anyone have experience in selling such a unique item related to videogames?

Thanks in advance!
    Ever heard of Game Gavel?

And why is eBay not safe?

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    jdotaku

Couple things. My not being a sega historian of a particularly detailed variety found this fascinating new info I really need to read that book I found on kindle recently about sega. Also game gavel is great and ebay can be fine

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

ebay has a higher percentage of a chance of fraud and they often annoyingly will side with the buyer over the seller. Game Gavel though having a very much smaller group of people on there are more inclined to side with the right party when it comes to issues or buyers trying to defraud the seller out of a partial refund, sending back bricks, lying about tracking numbers and arrivals. I've got a Game Gavel acct but anytime I've tried to sell there I've never had one purchase of my goods, and it's decent stuff I put on ebay and I ask less since their fees are less so that is an issue with them.

FPGA arm-based system Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    PSN
    bb_hood99

If you are afraid of using ebay, put it up on craigslist.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It's very cool, I hope whoever you sell it to has an eye on preserving and documenting it instead of just sticking in in a hoarding palace.

That said, if I had a one of a kind piece like this I would hit the big relevant boards to first get a bit more info out and about and mention that you are considering selling it right now. If you have no offers that fit what you want, put it up on ebay with lots of detailed pictures and a ludicrous BIN price, but include a way for people to contact you about the item if they have questions.

You may get a lot of tire kickers, but hopefully someone out there will fit the bill for what you're looking for. You're essentially just using ebay as free advertising but they're a horrible company anyway.

Again, I would love it though if you could at least get the ROM dumped before selling it. I think that while the ROM obviously has value, the majority of the value is in the fact that it is a documented prototype piece of hardware. I and lots of other Sega folks would love to have something like this, but obviously only one will get it

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi again! Just a quick heads-up to let you guys know that I've decided to go with eBay for the piece. Seems like the best place after all, so here it is if you'd like to take a shot at it :

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...m=281431233333

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

As much as I'd like this I know I can't afford it. Good luck.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gameguy View Post
    As much as I'd like this I know I can't afford it. Good luck.
    Well, it's only selling for 1 cent right now, bid 2 and you never know

EDIT : Sorry, 99 cents ! Thought this thing started at 1 cent ... Let's say I do hope it ends a bit higher than this hehehe

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Just looking at the auction again, I didn't realize you were located in Canada. No import fees!! It's looking a lot better for Canadians now. I'll be keeping an eye on this, mostly to see how it's going. If it stays under $20 by the end then maybe.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

It's up to $122C so far, you're out. I'm curious to see where this goes as I used to have a SMS not that long ago.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Virtualogik, thanks for putting this up. Are you may be aware I've been trying to contact you by all means for the past 4 years (and failing somehow? maybe you thought I was a stalker! or just discarded my e-mails! sorry!)

Anyway so happy it's finally back
    I'll buy it for SMS Power! and we will release the content publicly and as much info as possible.
    SMS Power! - Sega 8-bit, preserving and sharing since 1997 & MEKA - Sega 8-bit emulator and debugging tools.
    My stuff. Always looking for MarkIII/SMS/GG/SG-1000/SC-3000/SF-7000/OMV stuff (rare items, goodies, samples/protos, development, documents, etc.).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bock View Post
    Virtualogik, thanks for putting this up. Are you may be aware I've been trying to contact you by all means for the past 4 years (and failing somehow? maybe you thought I was a stalker! or just discarded my e-mails! sorry!)

Anyway so happy it's finally back
    I'll buy it for SMS Power! and we will release the content publicly and as much info as possible.
    I really hope you get it. SMS Power is a pretty awesome resource already and this would only add to it.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks to everyone who have shown interest in this piece, this historic unique item will now sell in the next 24 hours to the highest bidder.

After a lot of action in the first few days, things have died down quite a bit over the week and, all hopes of selling as high as possible aside as the current owner, I really think this piece would be a steal at the current price (and I'll be losing money too in the process). Good luck to Bock (if you're not already the highest bidder) and anyone else who's looking to maybe snipe a bid at the last minute, you'll be getting quite an incredible piece for your collection here.

Once again, you can find this on eBay now : http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sega-Master-...-/281431233333

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    hwj_chim

Quote Originally Posted by Virtualogik View Post
    I managed to get the cart chip working in a Sega Master System, so I suppose it wasn't originally intended as a Genesis peripheral as suggested in those catalog pictures...

The cart detects if the board is connected :

And the actual screen :

Still looking for additional info if any of you have any. Thanks !
    Well that explains why tonka had it. Cool find
    SEGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I randomly clicked on the link and it had 2 minutes to go. Hot damn that thing shot up in price like a rocket. $200 to $2250 in less than 2 minutes. I hope those were legit bids and that this is going to someone who will preserve it.

Android Game for all

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lost it in the last minute amazing tip.
    Wonder where it is going. I hope Virtualogik can be kind and ask the buyer to try to get in contact with us, maybe we have a chance for a dump there.
    Last edited by Bock; 09-14-2014 at 09:21 PM.
    SMS Power! - Sega 8-bit, preserving and sharing since 1997 & MEKA - Sega 8-bit emulator and debugging tools.
    My stuff. Always looking for MarkIII/SMS/GG/SG-1000/SC-3000/SF-7000/OMV stuff (rare items, goodies, samples/protos, development, documents, etc.).

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bock View Post
    Lost it in the last minute amazing tip.
    Wonder where it is going. I hope Virtualogik can be kind and ask the buyer to try to get in contact with us, maybe we have a chance for a dump there.
    Check your private messages Bock. Thanks.

Ghostbuster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Greg2600

Sheesh, price went up 100 fold in the last minute.
    The Paunch Stevenson Show free Internet podcast - www.paunchstevenson.com - DP FEEDBACK

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have released the ROM dump & hardware info, the hardware is now emulated by MEKA.
    http://www.smspower.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=15039