Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: June 2010 Finds

Pac-Man (Level 10) mobiusclimber's Avatar
    Up In Your Bitch Is Where You Might Find Me
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Went to the swapmeet (to sell - didn't really make any money tho) and got these games:

Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn - $15
    Suikoden V - $6
    Xenosaga II - $5
    Drakan: The Ancient Gate - $5
    Tales of Symphonia - $8
    Phantasy Star Online Ep. I + II plus (GC) - $5

So I guess when I sell (most) of this stuff on Amazon I'll come out ahead.
    My DP Feedback Thread: Here!
    I Post On The Blog At RisingStuff.com

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

Quote Originally Posted by BetaWolf47 View Post
    Hey guys, anyone know the values of my 5 sealed NES games? I want to know if any of them are worth under $50, because I want to open a cheap one. I've never had the pleasure of opening an NES game.
    Honestly, I'd sell or keep them all and use some of the proceeds to buy a sealed Win, Lose or Draw off eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Win-Lose-Draw-Ni...item19bcb667a8

There are so many of them out there that this is not an uncommon price.

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Default "unique"

Woohoo! Added an NES game to the collection for the first time since Sept. Tiny Toon Cartoon Workshop. It falls into the 'unique' genre. I find that is usually code for 'crappy'.

I'm at about 560 NES games, and new additions have gotten few and far between already. (I only really get them in the wild)

Paid $2.99 at Goodwill. Also picked up Barker Bill's because it has a perfect label.

Pac-Man (Level 10) mobiusclimber's Avatar
    Up In Your Bitch Is Where You Might Find Me
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by portnoyd View Post
    Honestly, I'd sell or keep them all and use some of the proceeds to buy a sealed Win, Lose or Draw off eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Win-Lose-Draw-Ni...item19bcb667a8

There are so many of them out there that this is not an uncommon price.
    There are actually some GOOD NES games that go for cheap sealed. I've seen Kirby's go for $20~30 before, but I'm sure there are others as well.
    My DP Feedback Thread: Here!
    I Post On The Blog At RisingStuff.com

Bell (Level 8) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mobiusclimber View Post
    There are actually some GOOD NES games that go for cheap sealed. I've seen Kirby's go for $20~30 before, but I'm sure there are others as well.
    The Kirby's Adventures that bring $20-30 are the French/English ones, btw. They found a bunch of them in a warehouse in Canada. In fact, I bought one for $13 a few years ago, and it's been sitting on my shelf on display.

The American Kirby's Adventure, brand new, goes for a lot more.
    Check my auctions here! I am in the business of finding off-beat things, including video game stuff!

View my collection!

Apple (Level 5) Shadow Kisuragi's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Non-gaming find...
    I've been curbing back my spending because we found out that the house model that we've been eyeing for the past few months will be on the market soon.

We're now first in line to purchase it, so we're trying to fix what we can of our credit and save up enough for the down purchase and closing cost. I'll probably start selling off some of the collection here shortly, mostly duplicates and non-CIB items (which I've been planning on doing anyways to replace them with CIB versions).

Sad part? Mortgage payment will be the same as I'm paying for rent now if we get the house, but I don't qualify for the mortgage atm because of credit score.

Gaming-related...
    I'm starting to catalog all of my stuff again after a hiatus. I found that I have 4 different manual revisions of Super Mario World (!) and I've been adding variants like crazy to RFGeneration. I've been able to track down almost everything...but some things still defy explanation to me (for now). If anyone has Lemmings on SNES with part # -1, let me know so I can put my search to bed! I only have the manuals for most SNES games.
    Last edited by Shadow Kisuragi; 06-13-2010 at 05:56 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    b0xwater
    PSN
    is_vigilante

At the swap meet last night I got a booth, and sold about $300 worth of stuff. It was all crap that wasn't worth selling, like all of the PS1 games from the lot worth less than $5 were $3 each and I sold a bunch of those, plus some PS2 and Xbox games, PS1 systems for $10, and managed to sell the zappers for $10 each. It only cost me $15 for the spot, and copies of Star Wars Bounty Hunter, Pokemon Stadium 2 and valkryie chronicles I gave to my friend for helping me out.

I also bought some stuff:
    Kirby Superstar SNES - $1
    KOTOR and KOTOR II Xbox - $10

Traded $35 worth of my stuff for $20 cash and Vigilante 8, RE Director's Cut, and Contra Legacy of War to one of the game dealers there.

And I traded in more of the leftover PS1 games to Bookman's, the first one gave me $75 cash for some of it, mostly crap is left. Then I went to the other Bookman's and they gave $53 in credit for what was left. Using the credit + some other credit I already have I bought:

Star Wars KOTOR PH - $10
    Star Wars KOTOR black label case w/ PH disc, no manual - $10
    Conker Live & Reloaded - $10
    Koudelka - $15
    Inuyasha PS1 x2 - $5 ea
    Final Fantasy Legend III CIB - $15
    Lufia Ruins of Lore GBA cart only - $6

Also got these at a couple other stores:

EZ Pawn:
    Pokemon Emerald cart only - $3
    Sonic Battle cart only - $3
    Shining Tears - $3.99
    Jet Set Radio Future - $3.99

GoodWill:
    N64 w/ controller, power cable, Mario Kart 64, Super Mario 64, World Driver Championship, Army Men Sarge's Heroes 2, WinBack, THPS - $34.99

I also sold 39 things on eBay in the past three days, not gonna have fun packing tomorrow. Maybe I'll buy myself an HDTV or something with all the money I've made this weekend.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Found a Maxi-15 CIB (not the box version) for $15, Super Metroid for $5, and a beaten but still playable Fatal Frame 2 (Ps2) for $5 at the flea market yesterday.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So I had a bit of an interesting weekend. My brother got a job in southern Indiana and is going to be moving to Evansville. This weekend I went down there with my parents to help start moving him in. I looked up game stores in the area and saw that there are a few there. I only ended up actually going to two, and I only made a purchase at one.

Here were my purchases:

Gamestop:
    Edge Card (Not pictured) - "Free"
    GBA to GCN link cable - 0.89 after Edge.

The Edge card I actually got a few days ago. I noticed Gamestop was doing a trade your Gamecrazy MVP card for an Edge card promotion so I figured I'd attempt to cash in. I had an old MVP card that expired 5 years ago or so, and wondered if that would work. The cashier didn't seem to mind this fact, I told him about its state, so I got an edge card in the process.

Down in Evansville I went to the Gamestop there after finding a game of mine in my brother's PS2 collection. Its case was beat up, so I figured I sell the disc only and take advantage of the 50% bonus trade in. While there I looked around and saw the GBA to GCN link cable as I had been searching for one for the past few weeks. I got Four Swords Adventure and figure I need an extra one if I have a friend who wants to play.

Goodwill
    Dinosaurs for Hire - $2

Next I went to a Goodwill that I was surprised to find games at as the one by me rarely has any. They had a Genesis 1, N64, and Game Boy Color I passed on as I couldn't see the prices and didn't feel like asking. There was only one clerk working and she was pretty busy. I instead picked through a basket of games and picked up Dinosaurs for Hire since it looked interesting. Turns out it was a R4 and seemed fairly fun.

McVann's
    Sword of Vermillion - $8
    Phalanx - $5
    Armada - $10

McVann's was the only game store I could remember off the top of my head to stop at. It also happened to be nearby a hobby store that my dad wanted to stop at, so that helped. I had heard that it was supposed to be this big game store, and it seemed that way to me. I was just disappointed that there really weren't too many out of the ordinary consoles or extremely rare stuff. Though they did have a copy of Earthbound.

Anyway, I picked up Sword of Vermillion as a friend recommended it to me years ago and it seemed a decent price. Phalanx I picked up for the fancy cover art alone, and yeah, I knew about it before. Armada my brother told me to get because he mentioned having fun with it with a friend of his.

I wish I could've purchase more, but I didn't have a whole lot of money to spend. I'm also heading on a trip to California next week and am hoping to find some stuff there as I have a cousin there who is a fan of resale shopping. If anyone has game stores I should visit in the L.A. area, besides Game Dude, please PM me about it. I'd assume I'm going back to Evansville at some point and hope to stop at more of their resale shops and game shops as I seemed to only hit a fraction of them.
    I have a sig?

Objection! Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Glad you had a good time, and some good finds, in Evansville.

Henderson native here (we're the folks on the other side of the bridge), and I'm happy with this area. I hope your brother likes it too.

McVan's tends to hype itself a bit, but that's just what marketing departments do. There are some good deals to be had there, especially on Sega games.

Good luck with any future trips out here, but remember, sharing is caring! Take a deal, leave a deal so we all get a good find once in a while.

Also, beware of the Phoenix Wright plushie... he may strike at any moment! (Or at least on Sundays).

-sailorneorune, welcoming you to the Tri-State
    Serving the retrogaming community since March 2005

DP feedback: +47(!), no negatives
    can be found here: http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66092

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    b0xwater
    PSN
    is_vigilante

Quote Originally Posted by Sailorneorune View Post
    Glad you had a good time, and some good finds, in Evansville.

Henderson native here (we're the folks on the other side of the bridge), and I'm happy with this area. I hope your brother likes it too.

McVan's tends to hype itself a bit, but that's just what marketing departments do. There are some good deals to be had there, especially on Sega games.

Good luck with any future trips out here, but remember, sharing is caring! Take a deal, leave a deal so we all get a good find once in a while.

Also, beware of the Phoenix Wright plushie... he may strike at any moment! (Or at least on Sundays).

-sailorneorune, welcoming you to the Tri-State
    He already left, no one cares. Go back to playing shitty games and whining about scalpers.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Today at the flea market....$4.50 for both games (No instructions), wrestlemania challenge and total recall.

$1 for the neogeo pocket color. It had no battery cover and came with bust-a-move. The guy had no idea what it was. I took it up to him and hes like "What is it?" and i'm like "A video game" hahaha.

Aside from this, I got neil gaiman's stardust (Issues 1 and 2) for $5 each, a joe camel cup ($1), a mcdonalds toy van ($1, it kicks ass), and a couple of penthouse mags for my brother for $2 each.
    Last edited by ganondorf; 06-13-2010 at 10:53 PM.

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Street Fair.........

Ran into one game vendor.... and a game disc repair station tent for some new game store that opened up..

Bought
    Blue Nintendo SP $10.00(for gift
    Super Mario World/Mario Bros GBA game $8.00
    Hot Wheels GBA $2.00

Nintendo $25.00

Atari XE...$10.00..The system is yellowed,the keyboards keys are yellowed..I cleaned it up..Has the gun and a Atari Power Supply for something else(maybe 5200)
    I'm going to keep the box and it's inserts for now and sell the system,keyboard.gun,ps as parts as I can't test them..

The box I'd like to sell but shipping it,I dunno..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Scrimble
    PSN
    Scrimble

Bought way too much stuff as usual. Almost everything came from Goodwill, which was having a 50% off everything in the store sale on Sat/Sun.

KDS 20" monitor- $20 from Goodwill. I thought it would be broken when I got it home but so far it works and looks great. It has 2 dead pixels that I can see so far, but at that price I don't mind at all. I bought this on Friday, and I was thinking if I should wait till the next day and get it for $10, but it probably would have been gone.

Yamaha Portasound keyboard .50 cents
    Pokemon HeartGold, box is opened but game is sealed $10
    NES games were $1.50 each
    Zelda Spirit Tracks guide $1.50

Universal DDR Pad $5
    Wingman w/ Force Feedback $2
    PS2 with cables, controller $20
    Linksys WRT610N dual band router $10
    Linksys WRT54GS router $3
    GBC Gameshark $3
    Etch-a-Sketch Animator $2.50

The Raiden Project CIB $25. Been wanting to pick this up for a while so when it was traded into a local game store I grabbed it.

Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes $12, from the same store as Raiden Project.
    NES Wireless controllers $2
    Diablo II LOD exp. .50 cents

Also found a few things last week but forgot to post them...

FFVII $10
    Sennheiser MKE 300 mic $2
    2 GBA Wireless Adapters $1 each
    2 PS3 Hot Shots Golf $2 each
    PS2 Network Adapter $15
    Extra SNES cables $3
    PS2 Rogue Galaxy sealed $5
    PS3 Civilization revolution $8
    Last edited by Scrimble; 06-13-2010 at 11:47 PM.

Apple (Level 5) Shadow Kisuragi's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

*mutter*

Awesome...the moment I mention to the local Play-N-Trade owner that I'm saving up to buy a house, he gets in a huge trade today and calls me just before he closed shop for the day.

From what he told me, he got in an Atari Lynx CIB and an 32X CIB. Not a big deal, but I'd be interested in the Lynx or 32X if they're different models than what I have.

He sent me a message afterwards though mentioning 32X, TG-16 and TG-16 CD games. Looks like I'm stopping by the shop first thing tomorrow to make sure I check them out before someone else nabs them.

Bell (Level 8) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by darkslime View Post
    Go back to playing shitty games and whining about scalpers.
    What's up with the hostility here?
    Check my auctions here! I am in the business of finding off-beat things, including video game stuff!

View my collection!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Sonicwolf359

Quote Originally Posted by Ryaan1234 View Post
    Yeah - - That was pretty harsh.
    DERP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    b0xwater
    PSN
    is_vigilante

Quote Originally Posted by Ryaan1234 View Post
    She constantly posts shit about me here and on GameTZ and on CAG, saying I have no morals and preaches about the evils of "scalping" video games, then when I ask her why she has so much of a problem with me, she ignores me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by darkslime View Post
    She constantly posts shit about me here and on GameTZ and on CAG, saying I have no morals and preaches about the evils of "scalping" video games, then when I ask her why she has so much of a problem with me, she ignores me.
    We all do that sometimes. Hooray for scalper.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dib;1733567
    [B
    McVann's[/B]
    Armada - $10
    Armada is one of those great hidden gems for the Dreamcast. I hope you enjoy playing it as much as I have.
    Currently catching up on PSN, WiiWare, Wii U E-Shop and Xbox Live Arcade exclusives I missed.