Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Questions about DS flash cards, homebrew, etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Long time but bump!

Ended up getting a new iEdge from that site...everything went smooth as hell. Course now I'm looking for an original Edge for a buddy and they don't make em anymore

Anyone know if the iEdge works on the DS Lite?
    scooterb: "I once shot a man in Catan, just to watch him die."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Get the DsTwo - its onboard prop processor allows for GBA emulation. And works across the board with DSs.
    Sony, we will NEVER forget nor forgive. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0G0LlXv-nyI

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by poloplayr View Post
    Get the DsTwo - its onboard prop processor allows for GBA emulation. And works across the board with DSs.
    The DStwo is made by the Supercard Team, right? I had the DSone and it was the biggest piece of crap flashcard I've ever used. Extremely bloated OS and half of the options/features didn't even work. Don't know anything about this new one though. Did they do a total overhaul with the OS?

GBA emulation sounds great. How well does it work? Only reason I'm still holding onto my DS Lite & 3-in-1 expansion is for the Slot 2.

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Gapporin

Quote Originally Posted by norkusa View Post
    The DStwo is made by the Supercard Team, right? I had the DSone and it was the biggest piece of crap flashcard I've ever used. Extremely bloated OS and half of the options/features didn't even work. Don't know anything about this new one though. Did they do a total overhaul with the OS?
    Actually, they did, and the great part about it is that they've made a backwards version to work with the DSOne. I have a DSOne, and while I've never had any problems with it, I could understand your concerns. But the new OS has some great features, including load and save states, in-game pausing, brightness adjusting on-the-fly, returning to the main menu without resetting, and more.
    "I am a cipher, wrapped in an enigma, smothered in secret sauce."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

Quote Originally Posted by poloplayr View Post
    I heard that emulation was buggy as hell.

Nice to have, but if what I read is true...
    Proud owner of a Neo 25 Neo Geo Candy Cab!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have a DSONEi card....HORRIBLE interface...total garbage. IMO, DS Lite with the 3 in 1 expansion is the ONLY way to go.
    scooterb: "I once shot a man in Catan, just to watch him die."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    dgdgagdae

This thread is a little over 2 years old, and I don't see anything newer related to DS flash cards. I have a DSi XL and 3DS XL. I'd like to get a flash card for the DSi, mostly for playing GBA games, since there is no GBA slot on a DSi. Is the DSTwo still the one to get? Are there firmware concerns, as in it won't work with some level of firmware? What's a reputable source for these?

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Quote Originally Posted by dgdgagdae View Post
    This thread is a little over 2 years old, and I don't see anything newer related to DS flash cards. I have a DSi XL and 3DS XL. I'd like to get a flash card for the DSi, mostly for playing GBA games, since there is no GBA slot on a DSi. Is the DSTwo still the one to get? Are there firmware concerns, as in it won't work with some level of firmware? What's a reputable source for these?
    Both the EZFlash Vi and AceKard 2i seem to have ended support for 3DS firmware updates.

I now have the Supercard DSTwo. It is right now, from all the research I've done, and what I've experienced, the most actively supported card. Time will tell - but all of the claims are that this card was made with the current style of how Nintendo works their card-blocking firmware updates in mind and can more easily circumvent that.

It allegedly uses hardware and firmware that is less susceptible to being locked out by Nintendo's firmware updates and the devs frequently have firmware and system updates on the same day/week as US 3DS firmware updates.

It also has "plugin" support for emulators specifically coded to run off the cartridge hardware.

I've only used the GBA plugin and outside of games that use special hardware or otherwise processor intensive 3D graphics, it's pretty good.

Like most GBA emulation some games will work perfectly, some won't and some might run SLIGHTLY slower than they should.

I got mine at digitopz.com so I'd say that's a reliable source to buy one. Shipping was super fast from what I recall.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    dgdgagdae

Any idea what this means, aside from the bad translation?

The SD card with latest kernel and games are stopped offer at the moment for too much order on hand, we will offer this service to our customers again when time is available, thanks for your support!
    SD card without kernels and games still available to all our customers!--Dec.11,2012

A kernel sounds like something I need.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The SD card with latest kernel and games are stopped offer at the moment for too much order on hand, we will offer this service to our customers again when time is available, thanks for your support!
    SD card without kernels and games still available to all our customers!--Dec.11,2012

From my understanding it basically means that they can sell and ship you the SD card with the files already preinstalled. You can just download them from the links though and do the installation yourself. SD cards are cheap so I would buy one on my own instead of paying the premium for theirs. Also, it looks like you can request an invoice and pay by PayPal if you're more comfortable that way.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

If you get one I can point you in the right direction for all the current files.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    dgdgagdae

What about a good flash cart for the GBA? Is the EZ Flash IV pretty much the cream of the crop? It seems hard to find.

16-bits, yo Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

What about a good flash cart for the GBA? Is the EZ Flash IV pretty much the cream of the crop? It seems hard to find.
    Is that the one with a micro SD slot? If so, that's definitely the way to go. I got something else and it has to be hooked directly to the PC via USB, and the software you have to use to get games on and off the thing is incredibly cumbersome and non-userfriendly.

And any GBA card seems to be getting hard to find, and sometimes when you find them they're the damn ones that only fit in a DSLite, not a DS or GBA.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Yeah, EZ Flash IV probably runs the highest number of games correctly with no slowdown, etc. however it is hard to come by these days and it has a pretty terrible menu system.

And, it uses a MINI SD ... which are also a bit of a PITA to come by.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Mini SD? wow, yuck. I though it used Micro which are common as dirt. Mini... might as well use some stupid proprietary card like Sony.

Insert Coin (Level 0) superaccount's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The supercard dstwo is the best option for playing gba games, it has a built-in emulator and near perfect compatibility
    Last edited by superaccount; 03-15-2013 at 03:24 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by superaccount View Post
    The supercard dstwo is the best option for playing gba games, it has a built-in emulator and near perfect compatibility
    Compatibility may be near perfect, as in games will run, but there's still some issues with the emulation, as in they don't all run right. It's only best if your system lacks a GBA slot. If you have a DS or DSlite, one of the many GBA carts is still a far better option, since then you're not emulating at all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Quote Originally Posted by BlastProcessing402 View Post
    Compatibility may be near perfect, as in games will run, but there's still some issues with the emulation, as in they don't all run right. It's only best if your system lacks a GBA slot. If you have a DS or DSlite, one of the many GBA carts is still a far better option, since then you're not emulating at all.
    Agreed.