Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Video Game Trader Expo (October 23rd 2010)

Cherry (Level 1) videogametrader's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Video Game Trader Expo (October 23rd 2010)

Hello Everyone!

This fall, October 23rd to be exact, New Jersey will be the host of the all new Video Game Trader Expo (VGTXPO), presented by Video Game Trader magazine. VGTXPO is all about getting great deals on those rarities and matching buyers with sellers.

We have rented an over 4500 square foot hall at the local Elk's Lodge in Brick NJ. Minutes from the Garden State Parkway and very easy to get to.

Admission is only $5 (kids 8 and under are free) and each admission gets you in a raffle to win a brand new PS3 Console.

Plus... we will have a number of Chinese Auctions throughout the day, including an FC Mobile 2 as well as items very rarely seen in the wild.

Preregistration for this fall's event is now open! Regular preregistration is only $5 and gets you in an hour before general
    admission, three Chinese auction tickets, a ticket for the PS3 raffle AND a ticket for the preregistration exclusive raffle! VIP preregistrations are also available.

Tables at VGTXPO are a great place to sell excess games in your collection, art, tabletop gaming cards, figures, or anything else! Marketplace tables are as low as $20 each. For more info on setting up as a vendor at the VGTXPO, visit our website at www.vgtxpo.com (please excuse the dust as we are still finalizing the site and creating graphics and such)

With all of the great shows in other states, its about time New Jersey gets its share. We are striving to be NJ's greatest gaming marketplace. We can't make it happen without support of the gamers themselves! Please let all your friends know about the Video Game Trader Expo! We hope to see you all this fall at the VGTXPO!
    Last edited by videogametrader; 06-14-2010 at 08:01 PM. Reason: Event name change
    ========================
    Video Game Trader Magazine & Price Guide. Keeping classic video games... alive!

Subscribe for 4 quarterly issues only $29.99. Subscribe @ www.VGTraderMag.com

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

"Jersey Classic?"

Are you kidding me? THAT's the name you picked?
    #vbender

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Out of all the names I could pick, that one seemed like the best. To be honest, you are the first person that questioned the name. But I appreciate your opinion.
    ========================

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

I'm going to start a new site called Videogames Trader, if that's ok.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't understand the issue with the name. There are currently no video game expos in nj. And Philly Classic hasn't been around for years.
    ========================

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by videogametrader View Post
    I don't understand the issue with the name. There are currently no video game expos in nj. And Philly Classic hasn't been around for years.
    You have got to be kidding. South Jersey Classic has been in operation the first Saturday of every month for the past 5+ years. You can bring your stuff, play games, sell & trade. All for free. At a classic video games store. I think 30+ of the biggest collectors in the area have an issue with the name, who are your current demographic.

Change the name.
    #vbender

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow Chandler you guys have been doing this for 5 years now and I still havent made it? I suck at life.
    Too Many Games 12
    Friday June 15 - Sunday June 17 Oaks, PA
    www.toomanygames.com

my feedback! http://www.digitpress.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=56075

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

To be honest, I didn't mean to step on the SJC. And as such have contacted the promotor of that event to see if they have an issue with our name. And if they do, I will change it, as I didn't intend on stepping on any toes.

The name was picked to give homage to Philly Classic, of which I was a vendor and attendee for a number of years.
    ========================

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by videogametrader View Post
    To be honest, I didn't mean to step on the SJC. And as such have contacted the promotor of that event to see if they have an issue with our name. And if they do, I will change it, as I didn't intend on stepping on any toes.

The name was picked to give homage to Philly Classic, of which I was a vendor and attendee for a number of years.
    Yeah, it's an issue. If your logic is correct, what you are telling me is that you knew about South Jersey Classic and decided to name it that anyway, hoping no one would notice? Your naming scheme is incorrect, if you wanted a homage to "Philly Classic" it should be called "Brick Classic" since that's the nearby city right?
    #vbender

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Actually, I did NOT know about the SJC until after I already posted news of the show. After once I realized that I contacted Nick. He actually thought it was a good idea to hold a show in NJ. After the name compaint surfaced, I contacted him again.

After a few communications with him, I have agreed to change the name. But it will take me a week or so to rename the show and register a new domain name. I would appreciate name suggestions.

I do want everyone to know, that this was an honest mistake and there was never any intention to try and confuse people, or anything like that.

I sincerely hope this satisfies the community and hope you all decide to attend the event.
    ========================

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well I think chandler had a good idea when he said Brick Classic if that indeed is the nearest town of a good size. It took me 3 or 4 weeks of going back and fourth until we came up with Game Core so good luck tom.
    Too Many Games 12
    Friday June 15 - Sunday June 17 Oaks, PA
    www.toomanygames.com

my feedback! http://www.digitpress.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=56075

I can't change my avatar. Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    YaoIsGod

I dunno, when I hear Brick Classic I think of actual bricks. Then again, if your target demographic is the Jersey area, I am sure they know what it means.
    Like free stuff? I have earned hundreds of dollars in free Amazon gift cards through Swagbucks. Check it out here! Earn 3000 points and I will give you FREE shipping the next time you buy from me!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Porksta

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I do have an old jerseygames.com domain parked so I might call it Jersey Games. I could also call it the Jersey Shore Classic, but that is still close to SJC. So I think I am dropping the "classic"
    ========================

The Gentleman Thief Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    PSN
    BalooDP
    Steam
    baloorj

Yeah, Jersey Classic was a bad name pick. Thanks for changing the name

I'm going to definitely try to come to this when it comes around, it'd be nice to see a true video game convention around here. VGXPO was garbage.
    Last edited by Baloo; 06-14-2010 at 04:52 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So everyone knows, he has been very understanding about the whole situation and I think it is very nice of him to change the name of his event. I hold no ill will towards him and I hope all of you go out to his show this fall. Good luck with your event.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by GrandAmChandler View Post
    I think 30+ of the biggest collectors in the area have an issue with the name, who are your current demographic.

Change the name.
    If more than 3 or 4 people had a problem with the name, I'd be surprised. Is someone supposed to confuse this event with SJC? Is SJC now some elite thing or something? Not to mention Joe used to call his basement gatherings "Jersey Classic"...I thought the whole thing was just tongue-in-cheek.

Funny as hell. But whatever.

"New Jersey Retro" actually has kind of a nice ring to it, and if it catches on people will start calling it NJR.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The official name of the show is now "Video Game Trader Expo" or VGTXPO for short. Since I also publish Video Game Trader magazine it seemed to fit. The new domain vgtxpo.com should be active tonight and i will slowly change the text of the site to match.

Now.. anyone want any tables?
    ========================

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

For the record, the original "NJ Classic" was the event held in Pompton Lakes every six months or so between the "old" NAVA and the new one.

Example:
    http://www.digitpress.com/images/njclassic27/

I'm glad to see the name change too. Why confuse attendees when you could just as easily come up with something original, right?

Best of luck with your show, Tom!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks!
    ========================

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    DKTheArcadeRat

Drama.
    Quote Originally Posted by garagesaleking!! View Post
    ebay is the only way to price things in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by garagesaleking!! View Post
    i was like nice parenting, what are you my therapist, take a walk