Thread: List of games with retailer specific pack-ins

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default List of games with retailer specific pack-ins

I dunno, maybe this is a dumb idea for a thread. But as a collector I always like to get the version of the game with the most extras. I always buy the collector's editions of games, and when a game doesn't get a CE I always buy the version of the game with the best pack-ins. So I decided to try and make a list of games with retailer specific pack-ins. I'd like to have other people contribute to this list to try and complete it. What I'm looking for is extras actually included in the game box, and not preorder bonuses that you get seperately from the game itself. I'd also like to know if the mention of the extras are printed on the cover insert or just a sticker on the shrinkwrap. Here are the ones I own or am aware of.

PS3/360

Wolfenstein-Code for early access to Flammenwerfer (Flamethrower) included in box at Best Buy. Mention of code printed on the cover of the game.

Brutal Legend-Code for a Rock Band track pack included in box at Best Buy. Mention of code printed on front cover of 360 version, back cover of PS3 version.

Borderlands-Code for a Gearbox Weapon pack included in box at GameStop. Mention of code printed on the cover of the game.

Assassin's Creed 2-Code to unlock Palazzo Medici included in box at GameStop. Mention of code printed on the cover of the game.

Alpha Protocol-Code to unlock stealh weapon pack included in box at Best Buy. Mention of code printed on the cover of the game.

Prince of Persia Forgotten Sands-Code to unlock Sandwraith skin included in box at Best Buy. Mention of code printed on the cover of the game.

UFC Undisputed 2010-Code to unlock 4 additional fighters included in box at GameStop. Mention of code on sticker on shrinkwrap.

PS3

Raiden IV-Code to download PDF artbook printed on the front of bonus CD included with game at GameStop. Mention of code on sticker on the shrinkwrap.

Metro 2033-Code to unlock automatic shotgun included in box at GameStop. Mention of code on sticker on the shrinkwrap.

Viva Pinata Trouble in Paradise-Code to download an episode of the TV show and 5 Pinata Vision cards included in box at Target. Mention of extras printed on the cover of the box.

Alone in the Dark-Bonus soundtrack included in box at GameStop. Mention of soundtrack printed on the cover of the game.

Infinite Undiscovery-There will be a foil cover if you purchased it at Best Buy.

The Last Remnant-There is a bonus poster included in box at Best Buy. Mention of poster on sticker on the shrinkwrap.

Sacred 2-Comes with a code for a Carrier Imp included in box at GameStop. Mention of code printed on cover of the game.

Divinity 2 Ego Draconis-Comes with a code for a weapon and armor included in box at GameStop and Best Buy. Mention of code printed on cover of the game.

Wii

De Blob-Bonus soundtrack included in box at Circuit City. Mention of soundtrack on sticker on the shrinkwrap.

Alone in the Dark-Bonus soundtrack included in box at GameStop. Mention of soundtrack printed on the cover of the game.

DS

Orcs and Elves-Bonus wand stylus included in box at Walmart. Mention of stylus printed on front and back cover of the game.

Naruto Shippuden Ninja Council 4-Bonus mini art cell included in box at GameStop. Mention of art cell printed on the cover of the game.

PSP

Final Fantasy Crisis Core-Cover insert is foil if you purchased it at Best Buy.

PS2

Xenosaga III-There is a lenticular cover insert on the front of the box if your purchased it at Best Buy.

Please contribute any I've missed.
    Last edited by rainking187; 06-20-2010 at 03:10 AM.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Aside from being worthless in a collectible sense, unless you want to collect the email or receipt that the DLC is listed on, DLC is usually based on who you preorder from. We'd have hundreds of games listed if it was who had what DLC.

Batman Arkham Asylum and Test Drive Unlimited 2 have DLC based on where you get them. DLC is never retailer specific pack ins. It's always content created for the retailer by the development team to get people to preorder the items from different places. DLC blows.

--

As for items that come with games.

Preordering Crisis Core FF7 from Gamestop comes with a UMD case with the Shinra company logo ontop of it. Preordering from Best Buy the game came with a holographic casing(is this correct? I know it's something similar.)

I also think there's already been a thread similar to this. About what items you get for preordering. The best items in my opinion is Xenosaga Movie DVD which you get by preordering Xenosaga 2 or Shadow Hearts by preordering Shadow Hearts 2(I already owned Shadow Hearts though so waited until SH2 hit $20.)
    Last edited by kupomogli; 06-19-2010 at 09:56 PM.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Sacred has a GameStop insert with DLC

Divinity II had a GameStop and Best Buy Insert with DLC

UFC was sticker on case, 4 extra characters at gamestop

Stuntman: Ignition had stickers on the case for different passcodes from GS, BB, and two other locations...

Off the top of my head...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    theclaw135
    PSN
    Eonclaw

For me, WWE Smackdown 2010 had a Stone Cold Steve Austin code. I don't know if it was 360 and/or Gamestop specific.
    Lum fan.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I know a bunch for the ps2, but alot are useless stuff. Like extra dvd, soundtrack(s), cards, movie tickets/movie bucks, random stuff, heck even some kinda of a watch!!! Do you want stuff like this?, or just game play specific stuff?

For the ps3, The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena, has a bonus map included version(appears to be on the artwork, so not a sticker on the case), compared to the normal version. I don't own the bonus map version(just the normal), but I do have a picture of the front cover if you would like it.