Thread: FS/FT: Binder & Notes from TZD/TTi Customer Support!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default FS/FT: Binder & Notes from TZD/TTi Customer Support!

Howdy-

About 2 years ago, I responded to a Craigslist ad for a NOS Turbo Express with the capacitors replaced by a TZD/TTi technician, as well as a pile of Turbo Chips.

I bought the lot. Turns out that this was some of the remaining inventory of TZD/TTi, being sold by Steve Garwood himself, the former owner of TZD & former director of sales of TTi. The Turbo Chips were ones used by game testers at TTi!

He shipped the Turbo Chips in a keen Turbo Grafx 3-ring binder, with lots of clear sheets with lettered tabs & pouches (baseball card sheets? business card sheets?).

And, he was kind enough to throw in a small stack of photocopied documents of customer support help line info for the game Dungeon Explorer. These are papers that the testers & help line people used. They include maps, passwords, walkthrough info, etc. A little more detail on the Dungeon Explorer documents: I sorted through them today & there are 41 sheets of paper. 14 are unique--I put those into set 1. The remaining 4 sets of papers have 13, 5, 5, & 4 sheets to them, & each sheet in set 2-5 is also already included in set 1. So, sets 2, 3, 4, & 5 are each a different subset of set 1. Clear as mud?

I'm looking to sell or trade this TG binder, with the Dungeon Explorer documents, pouch sheets & dividers (no Turbo Chips--I'm keeping those!).

Pictures at http://s242.photobucket.com/albums/f...ab/forsale/tg/

Feel free to make offers! If you want to spread the love, I could theoretically divvy up the Dungeon Explorer notes 5 ways, unless 1 person wants to horde multiple copies of the same pages.

Thanks!
    -Jason

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That was a freakin' lucky score you got the on craigslist! Great story and history!

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    gamelord2000

Sweet. Back in the day I wrote TTI a handwritten letter asking if they had a Ys I & II walkthrough guide for sale. I mailed the letter shortly after the TurboDuo release. In return I got the same similar guide for Ys. Photocopies of full maps, areas highlighted and personal notes. It had to be a good 20 pages thick (unfortunatly, no binder included). Also I got some free videotapes and a business card from the service rep that gave me the swag. I called the guy a few times and he sent me some more stuff like tshirts magazines and more videos. Unfortunatly I don't have the guide anymore as it was included when I sold my original TurboDuo many years ago.
    Last edited by ScottK; 06-21-2010 at 06:18 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

By request, a pic showing how Turbo Chips (well, HuCards in this case...) fit in the binder pages:

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/f.../tgnotes13.jpg

Thanks,
    -Jason

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

thought so they are the cheap pages that like Walmart/Target/Meijers sell in their pokemon/magic/yugioh card sections for like $5-10 per pack. Still nice find man. love the pictures

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sold, thanks!