Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Retro game stores neard Potomac/Rockville Maryland?

  1. #1
    Pretzel (Level 4) dao2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    988
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default Retro game stores neard Potomac/Rockville Maryland?

    I can't seem to find any much less a decent one in the area :/ CD Game Exchange in Rockville was alright but they closed down and I have since been to one other CD Game Exchange and it was terrible Anybody know of any near the area?

    Is the play n trade on Georgia ave still around? Doesn't show up on the Play N' Trade website, Only one I can see is the one in Alexandria VA, is that a good store?

    edit: I'm an idiot I did not see the sticky thread right uptop Anything not on there that people know about? eStarland looks pretty cool and it says it's a spiffy store, anyone on DP been there?
    Last edited by dao2; 06-26-2010 at 10:30 PM.

  2. #2
    Cherry (Level 1)
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    273
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    I live in the area and there really is nothing.

  3. #3
    Pretzel (Level 4) dao2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    988
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 16-bit View Post
    I live in the area and there really is nothing.
    yah :/ google maps says estarland is about a half hour away, I'm thinking of giving that a go

  4. #4
    Strawberry (Level 2) Ro-J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Annapolis
    Posts
    409
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
    yah :/ google maps says estarland is about a half hour away, I'm thinking of giving that a go
    It will only be a half hour if you're leaving in the afternoon, the morning traffic in that direction will add a good 20 minutes to your commute time.

    Let us know what the store is like. I've used eStarland online and had good experiences but I've never bothered driving over there.

  5. #5
    Pear (Level 6) retroman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    1,260
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    retroman20/retroman21
    PSN
    retroman13

    Default

    Hey...I know its a bit of a drive...but u got to try powergamer in the glenburnie mall next to toysrus.

  6. #6
    Pretzel (Level 4) dao2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    988
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ro-J View Post
    It will only be a half hour if you're leaving in the afternoon, the morning traffic in that direction will add a good 20 minutes to your commute time.

    Let us know what the store is like. I've used eStarland online and had good experiences but I've never bothered driving over there.
    I'll definitely go in the afternoon

    Quote Originally Posted by retroman View Post
    Hey...I know its a bit of a drive...but u got to try powergamer in the glenburnie mall next to toysrus.
    that is a really long drive... hour away :/

Similar Threads

  1. Local retro game stores
    By spman in forum Classic Gaming
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 10-30-2014, 04:31 AM
  2. Retro Game Stores in Japan
    By franjipane in forum Classic Gaming
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-26-2011, 03:00 AM
  3. Vintage Game Stores in Maryland?
    By SteelGeneral in forum Classic Gaming
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-12-2009, 05:32 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •