Thread: Reproducing NES boxes

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Reproducing NES boxes

I'm new to NES collecting (about 30-40 cartridges in, many obscure ones hardly heard of in the mix), and I'm also unfortunate enough to have a mother who will kill me for trying to find the old boxes and manuals (yeah, I'm 14 and of course have no say in things) on Ebay. So I figured there could be an alternative solution to my little problem...

It's very, very easy to get ahold of those plastic cases that most game stores place their SNES or NES cartridges in. I figured I could utilize these boxes (as I have many of them), printing out the original fronts/backs/side labels and then if possible the full game manual. It's less economically distressing, but is it worth it? It would indeed look a bit nicer than just laying the loose cartridges in rows, labels up. Then again, shouldn't I just try and scratch up the extra dollars to authentically complete the games? What's your opinion, guys?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

double post

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

you want these

http://www.mediashelving.com/Merchan...duct_Code=USCG

and these

http://www.thecoverproject.net/index.php

you will have to mod the boxes a bit, they are not originally for NES, you just cut up some plastic on the inside and are good to go.

The result is this

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hmmm, that's interesting. I don't think I'll need the cases for a while, because as I've said I have numerous boxes for SNES titles- and as you've said I can just cut out the plastic inside of them get the labels and printed manual and I have a decent repro. I'll probably just use them as placeholders until I can get the real boxes and manuals- when nobody gives a left nut about what I do with money and of course then I should have more.

Strawberry (Level 2) Shawn Carr2o's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Where can I find FC/NES, GB/GBC and SFC/SNES clear rental cases with plastic sleeves to put repro inserts in?

Chun Li's Pal

Pear (Level 6) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Carr2o View Post
    Where can I find FC/NES, GB/GBC and SFC/SNES clear rental cases with plastic sleeves to put repro inserts in?
    Famicom games should fit perfectly in a Universal Game Case,its NES carts you have to modify the case for. http://www.thecoverproject.net/forum...p?topic=1044.0

Same with Super Famicom and SNES games,they fit perfectly as well,with the exception of the Super Gameboy.

GB and GBC games can fit in DS cases with a slight bulge, or if you wanna modify the case for a better fit, you can. http://www.thecoverproject.net/forum...p?topic=1866.0

Ask for Reproduction Carts,if the artwork isn't available,be creative and create your own with the templates they provide. http://www.thecoverproject.net/forum...p?topic=1610.0

Here's an example of a UGC label I made for the reproduction cart of Super Mario Brothers 2 JP,its a work in progress and I'm not done with it yet, but it works for me. http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m...oBrothers2.jpg

The Cover Project is a great place to start if you don't have all the original boxes for your games and want to create suitable replacements.
    Last edited by alec006; 06-29-2010 at 03:38 AM.
    "...leave love bleeding, in my hands, in my hands again..."

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I would have loved if the SNES had boxes similar to those of the classic gameboy games. Nice boxes that would fit exactly around the whole cartridge to keep them protected. Cardboard boxes are just shit

Insert Coin (Level 0) Red Baron's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gavica View Post
    Massive image
    Off topic, but what are those giant Robotech/Macross books at the bottom? Their massive size and model numbers on the sides have me infinitely curious as to what they are about.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I would like to use this topic to not open another one.

For famicon releases is it possible to find a lot of 50 plastic transparent cases for the cartridge ? Some of mine does not have that and the cartridge dances inside the box.

And the cover project site is amazing but I would like to find a site where the boxes are not converted to DVD cases but still in the original format. I know a place that can print in a papper just like the old boxes. All I would need to do is fold and use super bonder or hot glue.

Is there a site for it ?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by General_Murdock View Post
    I would like to use this topic to not open another one.

For famicon releases is it possible to find a lot of 50 plastic transparent cases for the cartridge ? Some of mine does not have that and the cartridge dances inside the box.

And the cover project site is amazing but I would like to find a site where the boxes are not converted to DVD cases but still in the original format. I know a place that can print in a papper just like the old boxes. All I would need to do is fold and use super bonder or hot glue.

Is there a site for it ?

They have raw scans on that site as well.

I need to find an affordable place to get these covers printed. it was like 18 dollars for 30+ prints on legal sized paper at office depot, they didnt have any real options in regards to paper thickness, and somehow they didn't manage to print them at the right size. (my fault for not bringing a box along, but still)

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nevermind, found it on cover project site
    Thanks for the heads up!
    Last edited by General_Murdock; 07-01-2010 at 02:36 PM.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Is there anyone from Europe who wants to order a bunch of Universal Game Cases together? Or does someone have a bunch left they might want to sell? There's only one site shipping to Europe and the shipping costs for importing them are rediculous:

30 boxes - cheapest shipping method: 60 dollars