Thread: InterAct V3fv Racing Wheel issues...

Insert Coin (Level 0) BelPowerslave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Belpowerslave

Default InterAct V3fv Racing Wheel issues...

'ello all,

I have recently come across an InterAct V3fx Racing Wheel for the Nintendo 64 and am having an issue getting it to actually work...well, work fully. Before I begin, it did *not* come with a manual(unfortunately).

I plug it in, the red lights come on under "Vibration On/Off" and "Normal/Function", the foot pedals work, as do all of the buttons on the wheel...but the wheel itself, turning it has no effect on any given game I've tried.

I almost want to say it's broke, but with everything else working I am just not sure. The only thing I've found, in terms of a manual, was some guy posting a text-based version of the PSX version's manual:

http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/790/...-racing-wheel/

Trying various things that he lists all work...or, at least, I think they work(the wheel sensitivity may or may not be working, but it does beep at me when I follow the procedure). I have been able to reprogram buttons using that method as well...

This brings me to the thing that makes me believe the wheel isn't broken: Towards the bottom the manual he posted mentions switching the wheel between Digital and Analog mode. I am thinking that this may be my issue...problem is, I don't have a Select button on my wheel(again, this is for the N64) and no matter what combination of buttons I mess with, I cannot seem to get it to set to, what I believe to be, the analog mode(thus enabling the wheel to control said cars in various games).

Does anyone happen to a copy of the manual or any experience with this wheel? I would LOVE to get it working.

Any help, thoughts or suggestions would be most appreciated.

Bel

PS: If I have posted this in the wrong section of the forum, I do apologize.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

What games are you trying it in? Perhaps it only works in games that specifically have a wheel mode?

I remember F1 World Grand Prix having a setting in the options to enable the use of a wheel. It's a long shot since I suspect it would have some effect in any game and it hasn't so far for you, but it couldn't hurt trying.

As for the select button, remember that there were years of PSOne racers before Sony released analog gamepads. That's not the case on the N64 so there's little reason why it would be present on the N64 version. There are no games with digital only steering so there's little reason to have a setting to map the wheel's functions to left and right on a barely used d-pad.
    Last edited by Leo_A; 07-01-2010 at 03:42 AM.

Insert Coin (Level 0) BelPowerslave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Belpowerslave

I've tried it in San Francisco Rush(which has wheel and pedal icons you can choose in the Control options), Mario Kart 64 and Cuis'n the World.

I think you may be right about the digital thing...there shouldn't even be a digital mode on the N64 wheel, especially when it comes to racing. Maybe the wheel really is broken.

If so, that really sucks. It was a solid piece of hardware...even has force feedback with no need for a Rumble Pak. I guess I'll just keep it in the garage, maybe see if anyone on ebay is selling it with the manual, maybe ask them if there's anything I'm missing.

Thanks for the info, I do appreciate it.

Bel