Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Got two PS1 games for $10 total today.

Tekken (GH Version)
    The Hive

The Hive is interesting, to say the least.

Strawberry (Level 2) icarwngs55's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Was a rather successful weekend...

Well while I am in one city for the week my girlfriend is in another. Usually she is adamantly against going to Flea Markets without me (as it is my thing and not hers), she did go this Saturday to my favorite Flea Market to look for 'game related' things for me since I am graduating this Friday. Let's just say she was quite lucky...

She got:

135 loose NES games (very few dupes) $190 (~$1.40 a game)
    Martian Gothis (PS1) $1
    Resident Evil : Directors Cut (PS1) $1
    Resident Evil: Directors Cut Guide $.50

Funny side story now...

So she texts me and says "This couple has a Pac-Man phone in its original box, but they want $75. Is it worth that?" I say no way that is ridiculous. So she says "What should I offer?" I respond in a joking manner (hysterically laughing to myself as I text back) with "$20." My girlfriend is definitely the sweetest girl in the world and believes every word I say, not to mention she is not much of a haggler. So sweet girl that she is [with a sticker clearly and boldly labeled $75] says "Could you do better on the price" and the husband of the couple says "What are you thinking?" She responds with "20!" [if it was me I would have crawled out of my skin to say that] and he goes "IT'S YOURS!" as the guys wife goes "What? really?!" He is like "Yeah, let the girl have it." Haha...needless to say I was shocked.

Then today I had a chance to go to the Flea Market...

It was generally a bust. I got:

Banjo Tooie + Goemon's Great Adventure (N64) $5
    Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix [23 CD Audio book Set] $10
    1982 Pac-Man Glass (NEW) $.75

I came home and got on craigslist. Posted for just 30minutes was "Original Nintendo System and 50+ Games with controllers $35" SCORE! So I email the lady, she responds that it is available and I go grab it.

So! I got 53 quality games (some with instructions) + Toaster System + Hand Made Game Holder + 2controllers and Orange Light Gun AND she was like I am gonna give you this PS2 too cause I don't want it...SCORE!!

All for $35

So the weekend turned out better than I thought

I will try to post some pics after I clean them up a bit.

Bell (Level 8) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by icarwngs55 View Post
    135 loose NES games (very few dupes) $190 (~$1.40 a game)
    Please, I think when you get the chance pics or a game list would be in order! That's not a bad price at all for that amount of NES games, especially if they're not all sports.
    Quote Originally Posted by icarwngs55 View Post
    I've noticed that sometimes people will put crazy prices on stuff on the off chance that someone will pay that much. (I see a lot of that coming from antiques dealers) They were probably waiting for a >$10 offer.

As for me I went to the local flea today, and it was hoooot outside. There were a very few amount of people set up today. I dug through a $3 a piece box of remotes and offered $5 for both a Harman/Kardon and a Pioneer remote, both for CD players. I also got a Franklin SA-98 Spelling Ace spellchecker computer, mib for $1. All of that stuff's going to eBay. I'm hoping to get $10-15 a piece on the remotes, and $20 for the spellchecker. I wouldn't usually get this much for a Franklin spellchecker (they aren't worth much), but it's vintage and in excellent condition with the instructions & box.

I didn't find any video game stuff today ):. My favorite game resaler wasn't set up today and there were not many vendors around.
    Check my auctions here! I am in the business of finding off-beat things, including video game stuff!

View my collection!

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Guys, it's August already.

(Christ, it's August already?!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Yardsales 7-31-10

Super Joy Stuff (With What I'm Thinking Is The Wrong AC Adaptor) - .50
    GameCube 1st Party Controller - .25
    Genesis Bare System With Sonic 3 & 6 NES Games - 2
    4 Cart Games - 5
    Playstation 2 System With Some Extras - 10

No Price on the Super Joy stuff, offered .50. Asked about the GameCube controller and wanted a quarter. Asked about games at a moving sale and the kid brought out the 6 NES games & Genesis which I offered 2 for. Asked about games at one sale and BSing with the guy they had some systems old to new and he had the kids round up some NES, SNES & Genesis games that nobody played anymore. Picked out four games and they didn't know what they were gonna ask so I went ahead and offered 4 while they were thumbling about how much to ask and I was then countered with 5 which I took. The Playstation 2 stuff was asking price, looking back I should have tried for $5 and they probably would have meet me in the middle somewhere at least but I didn't bother haggling has I do sometimes if it seems fair for a yardsale to me.

Mostly Genesis Stuff (Mortal Kombat Boxed & No Games In The Nintendo Boxes, the rest cart only or complete) - $8.50

This sale was late in the day for me and only advertised in the paper on Saturday. Some of this stuff was out and another lady was gonna buy the Genesis for her kids and the lady running the sale went inside to try and find some missing wires for the Genesis. She ended up leaving without buying it since she was worried about getting home and realizing she was missing something that was needed. When I showed some interest the lady running the sale actually had me come inside and look around 3 different TVs inside to see if I noticed anything else needed for the Genesis and while I didn't find what it was missing I did find some cases & manuals for misc stuff and some cart only games she had out (it was pretty much offered as a scavenger hunt in a sense with me welcome to grab anything in the mess around the TVs that went with certain systems that were being sold). After rounding it all up I offered $5 for the Genesis stuff and a buck each for what else I had (7) and she was thinking 10 we ended up meeting in the middle at 8.50.

2 Atari 2600 Systems With 33 Games & Some Misc, Fatal Frame 1 & 2 (Both Complete) - 35

Unadvertised Sale I tripped over on the way around the block as I thought I passed a street I was looking for on the way to another sale. Didn't look like too much out for sale but has I was walking up I noticed a shelf that I figured was probably VHS and/or DVDs but was thinking how nice it would be if it was old games. It wasen't old games but it was some current, mostly last gen and PS1 games which was what all or most of this shelf had on it. Asked about old games and the Atari stuff was brought out. I didn't realize some of the games underneath and when asked I said I was thinking about 5-10 dollars. It was too low for the girl that rounded up the stuff and she was thinking more like 50 then she said how about 30 when 50 wasen't going to work. I countered with 20 and while she was thinking I mentioned I was interested in Fatal Frame (marked make offer) and Fatal Frame 2 (marked 8) I said I'd do 30 with those added in and she said how about 40 and I got her to meet me in the middle at 35.