Thread: VS Maxx 25 in 1 - Not Working Properly?

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default VS Maxx 25 in 1 - Not Working Properly?

I have a Purple VS Maxx 25 in 1 Controller that is the same as in this picture -

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d1...ut92F/4641.jpg

Except, that the insulation is missing at a part below the stem and that the wires are showing right below the Yellow Jack.

When I plug it into the television, it makes the screen extremely hard to read because of it's scrambled green and white "snow". Some games have a perfect screen, while others still have either frozen or unviewable green and white "snow" screens. I was wondering how to repair it and if I have to give you a picture. I doubt that it's the cord, because the screen is perfectly viewable with no problems on some games.

Could you please tell me how to repair this? Help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you and have a nice day.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

There is a surface mount chip inside on the circuit board. Could this be going bad, which is making some games and the main menu act this way? Do you guys have any ideas on this? Do I need to take a picture? Thank you and have a nice day.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Not sure how to fix it. But those things are so cheap you can find another for I'm sure for under $20 with hundreds of games on it. Unless you are just partial to that one.

Maybe take some pictures of yours, and some screen shots to show us an example of what it's doing.

There is really not much to those thing, they are usually just a Glob on the inside with maybe a couple resistors/capacitors.

Is that an NES clone?

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oldskool View Post
    Not sure how to fix it. But those things are so cheap you can find another for I'm sure for under $20 with hundreds of games on it. Unless you are just partial to that one.

Maybe take some pictures of yours, and some screen shots to show us an example of what it's doing.

There is really not much to those thing, they are usually just a Glob on the inside with maybe a couple resistors/capacitors.

Is that an NES clone?
    Alright, there's a new problem and I have pictures. Now, it just shows a black screen when powered on. If I keep on pressing the reset button, it goes to a light gray screen (hard to see in the second picture).

Pictures -

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/808...andebay016.jpg

http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/4...andebay017.jpg

Keep in mind that the red Power LED is lit up, but doesn't show up that good in the picture. I set this to Macro because it looked even worse on Normal Picture Mode.

Please tell me how to fix this! Thank you and have a nice day.

Arcade Card Compatible Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Honestly man just buy another one if you really like the thing. Those things are cheap as hell and just up and break after a little while. Just in case you didn't know, it's just a bootleg/pirated NES/Famicom on a chip with pirated NES/Famicom games. You should be able to get another one for about $15-$20.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by todesengel View Post
    Honestly man just buy another one if you really like the thing. Those things are cheap as hell and just up and break after a little while. Just in case you didn't know, it's just a bootleg/pirated NES/Famicom on a chip with pirated NES/Famicom games. You should be able to get another one for about $15-$20.
    Yeah, however, I got this to repair and resell on eBay for my home business. I can't just throw it away when I could make probably the $15-$20 that you said. Thank you and have a nice day.

Arcade Card Compatible Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Well you could always try checking the solder points where the AV connector is.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by todesengel View Post
    Well you could always try checking the solder points where the AV connector is.
    Yeah, I will be checking the solder points once I can borrow my step-father's multi-meter. I'm assuming that I have the test the Red Wire Solder point with the Red Probe to the Red AV Jack with the Black Probe. Then the same with the Yellow Wire and Yellow AV Jack. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Anyways, it's worth a try in order to see if there's a break in the wire(s). Never thought about that... Thanks!

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BooperGrandson View Post
    Yeah, I will be checking the solder points once I can borrow my step-father's multi-meter. I'm assuming that I have the test the Red Wire Solder point with the Red Probe to the Red AV Jack with the Black Probe. Then the same with the Yellow Wire and Yellow AV Jack. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Anyways, it's worth a try in order to see if there's a break in the wire(s). Never thought about that... Thanks!
    I found out that there's no breaks in the wires. I also tested the power switch and the wires coming from the battery area. All seem to be having current. I did see a surface mount resistor that has the solder on it a little bit funny, which could be a tiny bit dry (or cracked). What now? Thank you and have a nice day.

P.S. I was going to get a solder pump over the weekend, but I ran into things.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BooperGrandson View Post
    I found out that there's no breaks in the wires. I also tested the power switch and the wires coming from the battery area. All seem to be having current. I did see a surface mount resistor that has the solder on it a little bit funny, which could be a tiny bit dry (or cracked). What now? Thank you and have a nice day.

P.S. I was going to get a solder pump over the weekend, but I ran into things.
    Please help me! I don't really know any other options, but desoldering and resoldering this surface mount resistor. Am I going in the right direction? Thank you and have a nice day.