Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Leisure Vision Video Game System

Hey guys, I have a question I really hope you can help me with, and I apologize if this is the wrong section but I was directed here by a member from another forum.

Ok so here's the deal. I have a video game console called the Leisure Vision which was released in Canada in 1982 and is a replica of the Arcadia 2001. I have it in the original box, with the original packaging, instructions etc... It also comes with a video game Baseball, which includes the instructions for that game and 3 game controller covers for the game.

It also includes 2 game controller covers for Ocean Battle, but it unfortunately does not include the game. I tried the console today, it works perfectly. Everything looks to be in tip top shape, no true signs of aging or anything like that. The game was quite fun.

Anyways, I've been searching ALL over the internet trying to find out what this system is worth. I'd like to sell it but I'd really like to find out a general idea of its value from somebody who really knows about this stuff.

I'm trying to sell the entire system, and the game. Does anybody know the worth? Thanks!

FYI The poster is new, and because of the shift to the What's It Worth forum, he is unable to see these posts for the next 9 days. Continue to respond in here and i'll pass any things of note along. -PapaStu
    Last edited by PapaStu; 07-03-2010 at 12:51 AM.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

A Welcome to you and a response for too ---

The box might be the most valuable part. I expect you'd be lucky to get $50. One recently sold in mint condition on ebay for $42, with a Baseball game.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Only 50 bucks for the entire system? That's mildly disappointing. I was hoping it would be worth at least 100 (Canadian).

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Default Thank you for making this topic and the answers.

Puts mine back away..

I have no box(wishes) but a bunch of games for it..

I keep the system in a USPS medium flat rate box stored and it keeps hitting me in the face evertime I go looking fo something..I need to write what's in the box on th box
    I was just talking to another member about this,about Nava,Arcadia

Since I don't play it and it's games I considered selling it(thank you) but sometimes things are just better off keeping..

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well as much as I enjoy the novelty of it, I would like to sell it. I really wish I could get 100 (Canadian). Is that at all possible? Or am I just looking way out of reach?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blackjays24 View Post
    Well as much as I enjoy the novelty of it, I would like to sell it. I really wish I could get 100 (Canadian). Is that at all possible? Or am I just looking way out of reach?
    Although I could not say, I would wait for more response. Surely there are others here more familiar with the Leisure Vision/Arcadia consoles whom could give you more feedback. Currently I cannot find either version of the console on Ebay which must reflect on it's rarity in some way? Give feedback a week or so then if you've not received a more hopeful answer stick it on Ebay with a $100 Minimum bid! I am thinking patience will save you some regret! Good luck.

Could you post pics?
    Where are you located for the record? I am in CANADA.
    Last edited by OldSchoolGamer; 07-02-2010 at 08:59 PM.
    My DP Refs MaximumRD Classic Gaming and Computing Me in a Nutshell (NOT LITERALLY!) http://about.me/maximumrd
    WHERE DID THEIR HAIR GO?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Welcome to the forum. I personally don't know anything about that console, nor have I ever heard of it.

I know you didn't know, but next time there is a section here called "What's it worth", you might get better responses in there.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I can't seem to find it, and the search won't allow it. Anybody have a link to it?

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

You won't be able to see that forum for another 9 days (its 10 days from joining) as its tied to our Buy/Sell forums which have that restriction on them. This thread does belong in there and i'll move it over there. I'll edit your first post to make posters aware of your inability to see the thread.

Welcome to the forums and hit up the search engine, i'm sure there is some other threads about the Arcadia and Leisure Vision here in Classic Gaming that would have some other info for you.

**shiftarooni**
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

This is one of those cases where rarity doesn't equal value, although I have a feeling that with the box, $75 to $100 is not out of the realm of possibility. Post some pictures and I could give you a better idea if thats possible. You might ask also at CGCC.ca which is a canadian gaming forum that also has a dedicated retro gaming community. Someone there might be a lot more knowledgable about it. Good luck