Thread: Where can I ship stuff to before the show? Help requested!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Where can I ship stuff to before the show? Help requested!

I need to ship several boxes out to the show. I'm willing to pay for the service of storage and bringing them to the show. I would prefer to deal with another vendor. If your car or truck is not full and you can bring some boxes to me in 'Vegas, I'll do my best to make it worth your while.

If anyone knows the official approach to doing this at the Trop, tell me what you know. Clearly I need to get on this ASAP in order to ship the cheapest way.

I'll mail out as many boxes as I reasonably can, probably 5 max if possible, up to 100 lbs. If I have to deal with the Trop and it's expensive, I'll mail out fewer boxes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ianoid View Post
    I need to ship several boxes out to the show. I'm willing to pay for the service of storage and bringing them to the show. I would prefer to deal with another vendor. If your car or truck is not full and you can bring some boxes to me in 'Vegas, I'll do my best to make it worth your while.

If anyone knows the official approach to doing this at the Trop, tell me what you know. Clearly I need to get on this ASAP in order to ship the cheapest way.

I'll mail out as many boxes as I reasonably can, probably 5 max if possible, up to 100 lbs. If I have to deal with the Trop and it's expensive, I'll mail out fewer boxes.

The official methods for shipping to the Tropicana are to send to the address for the hotel. The packages can be sent to either the front desk, or to the Business Center. Put the package as attention to the guest name. Or if you are sending the packages as a business then include the business name. But the guest name is preferred.

The address would look like this:
    Tropicana Hotel
    Attention Guest: [insert your name here]
    3801 Las Vegas Boulevard South
    Las Vegas, Nevada 89109
    USA

Local Phone Number: +1-702-739-2222 x3653
    The toll free phone number for north American access is 800-468-9494 x3653. Extension x3653 is for the Tropicana Hotel Business Center.

The Business Center is open every day from 8 AM to 5 PM. If you want to retrieve a package the business center has received for your guest name the front desk can do so with the proper ID.

When I last called the Business Center was closed. So I don't know if there is a fee to receive packages. For last CGE at the Riviera their business center charged per box. So I advise calling ahead to know the structure of the Tropicana's policies and fees on receiving packages. I would not be surprised to learn of similar charges. They are a hotel and convention facility after all.
    - v

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ian, I'm sure you already know this but I was charged something like $300 by The Riviera for receiving my packages even though I had made arrangements in advance to send them to someone who was staying at the hotel. They said there would be no charge but then they charged me anyway. Just be careful and be sure to get the persons name at the hotel if they make you any promises. See you in a few weeks!

toby

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by y-bot View Post
    Ian, I'm sure you already know this but I was charged something like $300 by The Riviera for receiving my packages even though I had made arrangements in advance to send them to someone who was staying at the hotel. They said there would be no charge but then they charged me anyway. Just be careful and be sure to get the persons name at the hotel if they make you any promises. See you in a few weeks!

toby
    Yep, the Riviera was very disappointing as compared to what I was expecting. They charged per box, plus weight of the box just to receive it. I think the L.A.C.C. was s better deal for all the shows I have been a part of.

Moral,,, call the Tropicana and confirm!
    - v

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Business Center package rate to receive packages are as follows:
    0 to 15 lbs: $ 5.00 (USD)
    15 to 30 lbs: $10.00 (USD)
    30 to 45 lbs: $15.00 (USD)
    45 to 60 lbs: $20.00 (USD)
    60 to 75 lbs: $30.00 (USD)

75 Lbs and over is charges at 50 cents per pound.
    - v