Thread: Potential Getting my first cab...

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Potential Getting my first cab...

This is apparantly a rampage cab that was converted to a neo geo (metal slug) cab.

Video of it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlToroY96_Q

So I have never had an arcade cab before, anything i should know? Whats a fair price? This is playing a neo geo game right, so it must be a 1 slot aes system? The red around the monitor seems to be be bent in ... is this fixable? How expensive would be be to replace the blue control stick?

Im really only interested in this if it is a neo geo cab... so it is worth my while?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

No, it is not worth whatever they could possibly be asking. The button layout makes me want to cut my nuts off...

The game playing is Metal Slug. If you didn't know that, you might want to shop around and do some more homework before committing to a cab.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

"This is apparantly a rampage cab that was converted to a neo geo (metal slug) cab."

I know that it is metal slug.

What is the issue with the button layout? What do you think it is worth? What do neo geo cabs usually sell for anyway?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

"This is playing a Neo Geo game right?"

That's the question that made me scratch my head. . .

The button layout is creative. . . I can't imagine playing Garou on that cab. I got carpel tunnel just thinking about it. If you're playing any of the numerous puzzle games for the Neo the layout it fine, but most other games would become a chore.

I honestly wouldn't pay $100 for that cab. You could buy a legitimate four slot in good condition for around $350-$450, and that's including four carts. Check CL regularly and you'll find a better deal within the month.

Edit: It's also not an AES, it's an MVS. AES is the home console whereas MVS is the arcade hardware.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The button layout on a Neo Geo is four buttons, in an arc-like pattern. The cab in that video looks like a cheap conversion that an arcade owner did to save a few bucks.

My suggestion? Wait for a real Neo Geo machine. I'm still waiting for that, myself.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sixwayshot View Post
    The button layout on a Neo Geo is four buttons, in an arc-like pattern. The cab in that video looks like a cheap conversion that an arcade owner did to save a few bucks.

My suggestion? Wait for a real Neo Geo machine. I'm still waiting for that, myself.
    What he said. Wait for a real one, conversion tend to be hack jobs and not work as good.

The bent red thing around the screen ? Red cardboard. I suggest a plastic bezel.