Thread: DVD games

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    WastingOrpheus

Default DVD games

I came across the DVD D&D Scourge of Worlds which is in interactive DVD adventure game.
    I thought was interesting and looked for a list on the net of DVD games and couldn't find one.

I know there are a few other DVD games Dragon's Lair , Space Ace and Who Shot Johhny Rock but are there any others?

Bell (Level 8) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Buyatari View Post
    I know there are a few other DVD games Dragon's Lair , Space Ace and Who Shot Johhny Rock but are there any others?
    There's a really terrible DVD game version of the Sega arcade game Time Traveler.

That's the only one I know of...
    Check my auctions here! I am in the business of finding off-beat things, including video game stuff!

View my collection!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

There's a company that did some interactive anime games, and there was a company (now out of business) that had some browser based choose-your-own-adventure style games on a paysite that later decided to put the games on a DVD back in the early days of the format. I've got Gravity Angels and a couple of others by them. It looks like you can buy used copies off Amazon for 1¢ each. The graphics are essentially a little better than Quake quality. For a browser based 3D game, it wasn't bad for the time. But nowadays, it looks totally horrible. Still, a neat idea. I like the Choose-your-own-adventure style games, although replayability isn't all that high. Too bad there's not a lot of them out there. It would seem like a natural, with the DVD's design lending itself to the format so well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

There are tons of DVD games. I remember playing one at a family reunion a year ago or so that was based on some show quiz show where you played against kids on the DVD to answer trival questions.