Thread: Copying Super Smash Bros Brawl Save file

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Copying Super Smash Bros Brawl Save file

So my Wii is slowly dying. Its one of the few suffering form the artifacting glitch that happens with faulty video cards.I dont want to take my chances with Ninty repairs(I heard many lose their save files) I have decided to buy a shiny new Black Wii and theres only one thing keeping me from taking the plunge. I cant copy my SSBB save file to SD. Thats dozens of hours with multiple peoples profiles that are there. I really dont want to go back to unlocking everything, I did a shit ton of work to do that. So Ive read that there are some 3rd party solutions as well as an other unmentionable way to get the save file on to a SD card, but I have also heard that the save files are tied into your consoles friend code therefore making a transfer impossible. So does anyone know if this is doable or not?
    Bury me with my money......*dies*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

When I got my Wii at launch, I had to send it in to Nintendo about a month after I got it. I tried to transfer my Zelda save from an SD card to my new Wii, and it wasn't possible. So I don't think you can save your Smash file. Maybe someone else has a way though. (fingers crossed)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

The only way I know of is modding your Wii to have Bannerbomb to use the Homebrew Channel and get a program that can copy saves to the SD card, and then wait for a mod for Menu 4.3 to put it back onto the new Wii without trouble, at which point you can just uninstall Homebrew Channel as it has served its purpose for moving a valuable save.

Otherwise, if you don't prefer jumping through hoops like I had to to back up my saves in the event of a faulty Wii, then don't bother. Just start a new file on the new Wii and have fun.

Insert Coin (Level 0) b1aCkDeA7h's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So long as it's not the newest system version, the bannerbomb softmod should take care of it. And even if it is the newest version, I think they have a workaround.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks guys. I may have to go the "bannerbomb" route.....and Enigmus(as much as I appreciate your help) The problem with SSBB is Im pretty big on being a completionist(sp?) and there are a ton of things that are just so difficult and I dont want to have to do them again. There are things that are downright not fun in that game that you need to do to unlock stuff. It just sucks because every other game(probably near 40) I have I can copy over, but the game I have put in near 100 hours into and is by far the most important save I cant.
    Bury me with my money......*dies*