Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Limbo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    True Rush Fan

Yeah, X-Play gave it 5 out of 5, but I won't get it because it's only 4 hours long and not much replay value.
    WANT LIST:
    http://www.rfgeneration.com/cgi-bin/...older=Wishlist

ALSO WANTED: Dreamcast Sports Edition empty box

FOR SALE/TRADE:
    http://www.rfgeneration.com/cgi-bin/...r+Sale%2FTrade

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    haasinhampton

Quote Originally Posted by Jisho23 View Post
    There is no denying the game is short, but then again I don't see how thats an outright bad thing. There's no rehash or repetition. Those 4 hours are 4 genuine hours.

And "to me so much of a ripoff of littlebigplanet in a way"? I hope that's a troll or just incredibly stupid. At least call it out on "Out of this World" and "Heart of Darkness."
    How about no, those games were from another generation, and also did not achieve commercial success at the level of LBP, LBP was a revolution in this time. If they modeled Limbo after anything, they were trying to give xbox a side scroller to match the likes of Playstation.
    Autobots. Roll out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by garagesaleking!! View Post
    How about no, those games were from another generation, and also did not achieve commercial success at the level of LBP, LBP was a revolution in this time. If they modeled Limbo after anything, they were trying to give xbox a side scroller to match the likes of Playstation.
    But the Xbox already has a slew of great 2d platformers, so to say it was just trying to "match playstation" is equally stupid. And the puzzle element is so light in LBP that I fail to see a comparison between the two games.

To then say that "LBP is revolutionary?" Isn't it a little soon to make evaluations like that?

Now I am genuinely curious; aside from having to drag boxes around, and being in 2d, how the hell is LIMBO like LBP?

Oh, and if you are trolling, 10/10 cause you fooled me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This game is astonishingly brutal to its child-like character. It's off-putting. I was thinking, "okay, this is like a darker Boy and his Blob." Then I stepped on a trap. Wow.
    The future is to those who take it!

Like Video Game Merchandise? Buy some here! Rare stuff in many categories! (Click the pic)

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Psygnosis8
    PSN
    Psygnosis8
    Steam
    Psygnosis8

Quote Originally Posted by Nightram View Post
    This game is astonishingly brutal to its child-like character. It's off-putting. I was thinking, "okay, this is like a darker Boy and his Blob." Then I stepped on a trap. Wow.
    Such is the state of modern gaming today. Many critically acclaimed games these days contain
    Abhorrent levels of violence which can vary between being just ridiculous and being absolutely upsetting. I was pretty disturbed by the torture scenes in Metal Gear Solid 3, and Shadow of the colossus had me so guilt-ridden I was actually in tears. By the time Bioshock came out I was getting pretty used to it. At this point ive reconciled the fact that these games are SUPPOSED to make you feel guilty or repulsed by your own actions attimes. Personally, I think it's a good thing when art of any kind triggers an emotional response from you, whether that response is pleasant or not. But I also acknowledge that this kind of thing isn't for everybody, so to each their own.
    Last edited by Graham Mitchell; 08-09-2010 at 10:58 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You miss my point though. I can deal with gore. It's when gore is used in conjunction with a character who seems to be a young boy. To me, that's crossing a line.
    The future is to those who take it!

Like Video Game Merchandise? Buy some here! Rare stuff in many categories! (Click the pic)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dobie View Post
    I have a hard time with the "this isn't worth $60, this is only worth $10," etc. Value is difficult to quantify by play time, or any other method, because everybody's perception of worth is different. In my mind, a 3 hour game can be worth $60 if the experience is unique and high quality. A 100 hour grindfest won't get $5 out of me. I gladly plopped down $15 for Braid. I probably will wait on Limbo, despite liking it. Doesn't mean its not worth $15 to others. I'll pay $150 for Halo Reach. Others probably think its a waste of money, and wouldn't pick any Halo game up off of the ground even if it was free. Its all about perception of value and what the game offers to them.
    Oh really. I think you should give me $150 and I will get you Halo reach

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Psygnosis8
    PSN
    Psygnosis8
    Steam
    Psygnosis8

Quote Originally Posted by Nightram View Post
    You miss my point though. I can deal with gore. It's when gore is used in conjunction with a character who seems to be a young boy. To me, that's crossing a line.
    Oh, no I totally understood your point. That's why I listed Bioshock, where you have the option of murdering little girls to achieve your own end, or Shadow of the Colossus, where playing the game essentially feels like merciless animal poaching. A lot of newer games are really raising the bar on the type of deplorable imagery or behavior they require to engage in. being a mild-mannered physician myself, it's sometimes fun to act like an animal in avirtual world, or be exposed to some horrific imagery. I think some people would rather not be exposed to this kind of thing. I'm just saying that all the animal murdering and child torture in games used to bug me.. Now I'm kind of over it.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SegaAges View Post
    Oh really. I think you should give me $150 and I will get you Halo reach
    http://www.ebgames.com/Catalog/Produ...oduct_id=77711

;-)
    -Dobie
    NES, SNES, & Gameboy Collector

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Psygnosis8
    PSN
    Psygnosis8
    Steam
    Psygnosis8

I finished the game last night. It's quite an experience! If they do another one, hopefully they'll add more play time. However, the physics-based puzzles are great, and the game is aesthetically very nicely done. Id say the game is no more over-priced than Final Fantasy 2 was when it debuted at $79.99 in 1991.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    jbjabroni23

You know this is where a rental DLC option would be very nice. For a game this short, you can rent it for 24 hours for lets say 250MS points. People would jump on that probably.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You never specified which version.

Give it 3 or 4 months and I will still get you that version if you pay me $150.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by garagesaleking!! View Post
    There's not really anything revolutionary about LittleBigPlanet. It's just a platformer that has a set of creation tools. Ever play Mega Man Powered Up(far better of a game.) There are many PC utilities that can create platform games with a large array of options. Opinion only, but the game is overrated garbage. I wanted the game for awhile, was going to wait until it dropped in price, then the GotY edition came out and while I was waiting for that to drop in price the demo came out.

I'm a big platformer fan and the idea of a platformer with an infinite amount of different levels interested me, and then the demo immediately turned me off from it. First off the sackboy looks retarded, but I've played games with stupid looking main characters so not really a problem there. The music is terrible, but again that doesn't bother me too much in games. Then it happens that the meat of the game, the platforming, just plain sucks. Due to the extremely loose controls and the design the game itself is too easy and felt like you were repeatedly jumping and jumping to complete the stage rather than getting any ounce of enjoyment out of it. It received tons of praise from critics and fans alike so I really wanted to like, but I think it's a pretty bad game and ended up being glad the demo came out before I threw the money down on it.
    Last edited by kupomogli; 08-11-2010 at 02:14 AM.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    ziggy3008

I saw a pal play this for a few minutes awhile ago and I want ths game pretty bad. I think it is very original and awesome.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    There's not really anything revolutionary about LittleBigPlanet. It's just a platformer that has a set of creation tools. Ever play Mega Man Powered Up(far better of a game.) There are many PC utilities that can create platform games with a large array of options. Opinion only, but the game is overrated garbage.

THANKYOU! Glad someone said it. I don't think LBP is bad, but it's certainly overrated and, even in the realm of single screen multiplayer, it's still outclassed by more creative platformers ('SPlosion man is a good example, N+ even moreso).

The conversation about how short LIMBO is still hasn't really died down. It seems to me that many people feel that playing the game in one run is the best way to play it. I'm just curious; does anyone know someone who beat the game in multiple sittings? I played it progressively over the course of 4~5 days, in little bite-sized chunks. I know its stupid to say that some people are "playing it wrong" but I have a feeling the game may have been designed in such a way that it's more rewarding to not simply play through the game as quickly as possible.