Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Street Fighter X Tekken / Tekken X Street Fighter (Updated!)

Professional Geek Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Here's a better video of the game in action: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6U7jZ-qMfI

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Good thing it's Street Fighter style rather than Marvel vs Capcom style. Atleast we know the game isn't going to be absolute garbage.

Also. If I was Namco Bandai, then I'd release it before Marvel vs Capcom 3 and Street Fighter vs Tekken. What happens when Namco decides to release it after and all the fighting game hype dies down because the market has been flooded with Capcom milking their Street Fighter franchise to extreme levels as of late? I'd say they should release it first to capitalize on the Street Fighter x Tekken name before Capcom gets a chance to with both MvC3 and Street Fighter x Tekken.
    Last edited by kupomogli; 07-27-2010 at 06:28 AM.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cannon Spook
    PSN
    Cannon_Spook

Street Fighter x Tekken, I'm totally hyped up for. Honestly, the gameplay footage looked pretty sweet. Tekken characters going into the SF universe can be done easily, as adding/subtracting moves from Tekken characters shouldn't be too hard. Also, since practically none of them have projectiles, it wouldn't be too hard to give them one either. I can't wait to bust out the Cammy/Nina Williams team XD

Tekken x Street Fighter, on the other hand...seems kinda weird. Tekken characters to SFIV engine is not as complicated as SF characters to the Tekken engine. I can't see how characters like Dhalsim or C Viper can translate into the Tekken universe, so I can see characters like them getting omitted. I'll be interested in this game though, since my real life friends don't have interest for 2D fighters, so they stick with Tekken.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Damaramu View Post
    Here's a better video of the game in action: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6U7jZ-qMfI
    That actually looks awesome. I am hoping it turns out well and not just a rehash with more characters done to milk the SF franchise

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

*Update*

New pics of "Tekken-ized" Ryu have surfaced!

Last edited by Damaramu; 08-19-2010 at 10:42 AM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The Tekken series has no interesting characters though!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PaleSonicakuma

i think the 2 games are smart moves
    read sonic doom everyday on my myspace profile

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I wasn't too excited at first, but the gameplay footage is very promising.
    Given that these are the two dominant fighting game franchises right now, it makes sense to do a crossover.
    The fact that the two games are so different really is what makes both crossover titles worthwhile. Even though no gameplay has been shown for Tekken X Street Fighter, it's safe to assume that Namco won't just make a second rate copy of Capcom's effort the way SNKP did with SVC Chaos.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Source (on the ryu model for tekken )? Looks awesome!
    Last edited by HappehLemons; 08-20-2010 at 10:09 PM.
    Check out my oldschool game reviews!
    Click Me!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Kotaku article with Yoshinori Ono (SF producer):

One is a fighting game of joystick precision, the other of rhythmic button tapping: Finding a way to meld those two styles is perhaps Capcom's greatest challenge with Street Fighter X Tekken.

"Ultimately what we are heading for is a Street Fighter game, so everyone will have Street Fighter-esque moves," said Capcom producer Yoshinori Ono. "The Tekken characters will be entering the Street Fighter world, so they will play like Street Fighter characters but their moves will be Tekken style."

But accomplishing that isn't as simple as creating a new set of moves for players controlling the Tekken characters. Like Street Fighter, the Tekken fighting franchise has a very distinct style of control.

I pointed that out to Ono. How will Capcom bring over the rhythmic button tapping moves of a character like Law, who can deliver blistering kicks by tapping through a series of buttons, without losing that sense of flow and timing, I asked?

Ono says he was worried about that too initially. He plays Nina, another character who relies on tapping a variety of buttons in rhythm to deliver a flurry of attacks.

"When I was going through all of these moves for Nina I thought 'I've seen this somewhere before," he said. "It boiled down to Darkstalkers. In Darkstalkers we have chain combos: Light, light, medium, medium, hard, hard. That is a Capcom version of that rhythmic input command."

Once Ono made that connection, he said, he saw the potential.

"We see great possibilities in these two mixing up," he said. "In that same sense, like how chain combos are used to play Tekken, we'll bring back Nina and Law's (If law is in the game) into Street Fighter X Tekken, incorporating that chain combo style."

While Ono is excited about the project, there's one other project he'd rather be working on: A revist of fighter Darkstalker.

I asked Ono why, since he's been talking about making a new Darkstalker for so long, did he decide to pitch a Street Fighter, Tekken game.

Ono said he didn't expect the higher-ups at Capcom and Namco to approve the game so quickly.

Tekken director Katsuhiro "Harada and I are good friends," he said. "We know each other fairly well, have meals together, eat yakitori, and talk about doing a game together. We used to have this conversation all of the time."

Ono said that once Street Fighter IV launched, and brought with it a resurgence of interest in the fighting genre, he and Harada started talking about making a game together again.

"We decided to bring it up to our management but we thought the discussion was going to go on forever," he said. "We were expecting them to have a long discussion over years and years, but as soon as they had a one high management meeting together, they just stood up and shook hands two seconds after the meeting. That was the moment the decision to make this game was made. I was a bit shocked."

Ono said he had very mixed emotions about how quickly the game was approved by both companies because he still hasn't gotten approval for his pet project: A Darkstalkers remake.

"We have a weekly meeting with (Capcom's Keiji) Inafune," he said. "I bring Darkstalkers up every week and Inafune has still yet to approve it... but I'm going to continue doing it.

Ono says he's so interested in making games like Street Fighter X Tekken and Darkstalkers not just because he's a fan of the games, but because he's a fan of the fighting game genre.

"Street Fighter X Tekken," he said, "is part of a grand scheme of making fighting games the biggest genre of all time."
    Source

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Kotaku article with Yoshinori Ono (SF producer):

Source

Sorry, I was talking about the Ryu model developed for the Tekken engine not the game itself.
    Check out my oldschool game reviews!
    Click Me!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

That was an update, not a response to your previous request, sorry.

Those pics were released on Kotaku as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

*New Captivate 2011 News!*

Capcom has released a slew of pics and two new vids (one cinematic, one gameplay) for Street Fighter X Tekken!

News
    Last edited by Damaramu; 04-12-2011 at 11:25 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I had forgotten all about this game. I'm honestly much more excited about Tekken Tag Tournament 2 but I'll keep this one in my sights as well.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cannon Spook
    PSN
    Cannon_Spook

After seeing the footage today, I'm pretty damn excited for it. My initial thoughts were that this game didn't give you the ability to select individual characters; instead you picked already made teams, like Ryu/Ken and Kazuya/Nina Williams. Hopefully that's not the case.

The added characters are pretty excellent, I'm happy to see Guile in there. To be honest though, I just really want them to add Cammy or Crimson Viper from the Street Fighter side and Hwoarang from the Tekken side.

Lamer Gamer Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Geoffvdl
    PSN
    Geoffvdl

It looks like they're adding elements of Tekken into the 2D Street Fighter style play: the combos are VERY VERY deliberate, and you have the Tekken ground juggle/OTG thing. Looks like fun!

I'm hoping against hope that there isn't some comeback mechanic shenanigans built in. I'm getting tired of those.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Yeah, I'm hoping for more characters. I was surprised that Rufus wasn't present. I'm looking forward to Rufus vs. Bob battles!

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Tekken without "-> -> X" isn't Tekken, IMO.

I don't want to play Tekken with SF controls.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

A write-up I read from a guy who was at Captivate 2011 and played SFxT said Tekken characters control like their usual selves. I'll see if I can find that write-up.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

A write-up I read from a guy who was at Captivate 2011 and played SFxT said Tekken characters control like their usual selves. I'll see if I can find that write-up.
    So Tekken characters have about 20 times the attacks that Street Fighter characters have?
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.