Thread: Dance Pads GCN and PS2 Help

Insert Coin (Level 0) Melody Hikari's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Question Dance Pads GCN and PS2 Help

Hey all. I've currently decided that I have the dancing bug, but I have two problems.

1) Dancing with the Stars dance pad for the PS2 seems to work only for DWTS game. Can anyone prove this wrong? I can't seem to sell the combo either [and I really don't blame the gamestores], and I want to use the dance pad for Supernova 2. But the game doesn't recognize it at all. =/

2) DDR:MM. I have a perfectly good dance pad, but not a game. xD I was wondering if anyone knew of any Gamecube to PS2 converters that would let me use the dance pad/recognize it. I was hoping I could use it for SuperNova2, but I can NOT find anything that converts GCN male output to PS2 female. I found an old thread on this site, and didn't want to risk necroing it to have my question answered. I sent a PM to one person who said that they had such a converter and an email to the maker of the thread since it looked like he's banned? I am awaiting a reply from both, but I'm also impatient. I might get more results by asking more than two people, too.

Anyways, thanks and I hope that someone has an answer to these questions.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Gamecube to PS2 adapters? I've seen plenty of PS2 to GC adapters but never any GC to PS2. If you really want to play SN2, you'll probably have to buy a PS2 pad. What you'd pay for a cheap soft pad would be just a little more than what you'd pay for an adapter anyway (if you could even find one). I think Gamestop sells their own generic branded pads for $20 new. I'd spend a little more though and get a 1" foam pad like an Ignition or Blue Shark which will last a lot longer.

I never used the official DWTS pad. I played the game once with my Cobalt Flux pad and it worked fine, so I don't know why you wouldn't be able to use it on other games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default I'm actually looking into that.

Yeah, I'm looking for a PS2 dance pad in the meantime. Originally I wanted a universal, since I would sometimes see those at Wal-Mart for $20 or $30, but right now I'm willing to go with the cheapest thing. Some of these ebay listings come with a game anyways.

How much is the going rate for dance pads, anyways? $20 seems a bit pricey in my opinion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Not sure, I haven't even used a soft pad in at least 4 years. I don't think you're really going to find anything cheaper than $20. I'd spend a little extra though and get one of these foam pads:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ERAZBH61P800T5

If you play frequently, you'll be lucky if a soft pad will last more than 6 months. They just aren't built to last. At least these foam pads are a little more durable so you'll get some extra life out of them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I saw some on eBay for $15! Supposedly new/lightly used, and they're universal. I'm thinking I'll just get that.

Now if only I could get my DDR:MM to work. I was a retard once and tried to rip the songs off of it by putting it into my computer. It hasn't worked properly since, at least not in my gamecube. I'm thinking of selling it, if it works on this one place's gamecube and not mine after I take it for a second cleaning.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If you don't mind playing on a PC, another option is getting a GC to USB adapter for your pad and using Stepmania. Then you could just load some SuperNova and Mario Mix song packs in and play them that way.

Insert Coin (Level 0) betamax001's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    SaturnXmkII

The Konami dance pads for PS2 are really good I think. I really cant imagine them being really expensive.
    NES, Atari 7800, Genesis, SNES, Saturn, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, PlayStation 2, GameCube, Atari Flashback 2, Limited Edition Red Wii, PS3 Slim, GBC, GBA, GBASP, DS Lite, and PSP 3000.