Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920

Thread: August 2010 Finds

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Last edited by Nintendo Gamer; 01-26-2016 at 07:30 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    cloneholt
    PSN
    cloneholt

Quote Originally Posted by garagesaleking!! View Post
    not my finds, but my dads finds I guess. He found a gameboy sp for $2.50, it works perfectly. His big find was a racing bicycle. He paid $100 for it. The guy he bought it from paid $1300, and used it once in a triathalon. It actually locks your feet in with special shoes, I never knew about anything like that. My dad said it is super lightweight. It came with a toolkit, and also some gloves and other accessories. I forget the brand name, but he said its better or equal to cannondale or any other name like that. We are hoping its worth $500, its way out of my needs, but Id love to try it out once. I highly doubt I would keep it, but if I fall in love who knows.
    I'm an avid cyclist and if you send pics or some more info I can try to help you nail down a good price. I personally ride a 07 Bianchi Reparto Corsa and my wife rides an 09 Trek 2100 WSD. Nice bikes and a great way to get some exercise. Anyway, PM me if you would like some help with it.

Oh, and GREAT FIND at $100 for sure!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Today's goods:

(1) SCART extension cable. I rewired this cable to be a Euro SCART to JSCART adapter, so I can plug my systems into Input 5 on my Xselect D4, and output component video to display on friend's american TVs when I visit.

(2) K4 Super 16 bit converter. This is one of the better passthrough adapters for SFC/SNES consoles. It physically allows any combination of game and system so long as the proper NTSC/PAL cart is in the passthrough slot to have its region cheap read.

Bell (Level 8) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lot sale, I got something really weird

Err... any computer experts here?

I got this... thing... it's about the size of a digital cable box, dark grey, and with no identifying numbers on it at all, except a UUID number and MAC address on bottom. It has VGA, RCA, and S-video outs as well as input for mouse and keyboard through PS/2 connection. There is a single PCI slot in back which is taken with a 3COM card. When powered on a "GAIN SYSTEMS" logo comes up and it seems to boot up something called "GRUB 0.92" ... which gives you the option to boot up either IDE Linux 2.4.* or COST Linux Kernel 2.4.19... whatever that is (Sorry I'm a PC guy). Then it asks for a login password and username for gw.infinity-studios.com. The inputs on back were intriguing, but I was not expecting something like this! Anybody know what it it? Is it a computer that runs Linux? That was $5, btw, I'm about to open it up to look at the insides, perhaps that'll give me a better idea of what this thing is.

EDIT: Oh, WOW. I opened it up and it is a computer! It's an ancient computer! It has a 266 Mhz processor, and 32MB of RAM in it Soooo, yeah.... Dunno what to do with this. The hard drive that was once in it is now missing. I wonder if I can put a drive with windows 98 on it. It could make a pretty neat old-school PC gaming machine.

That's all really, I got a few misc 8-tracks (Beatles, some orchestral stuff) for $0.50 a piece and a CD or two for the same price.

EDIT AGAIN: Oh haha, forgot to mention one 8-track is a raunchy comedy one labeled "RATED XXX FOR ADULTS ONLY"
    Last edited by Ryaan1234; 08-31-2010 at 12:28 PM.
    Check my auctions here! I am in the business of finding off-beat things, including video game stuff!

View my collection!

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Found this nice NES lot at a garage sale last Fri for $30. I didn't haggle, but did get them to throw in the xbox game out of a large xbox console/game lot they had for sale for $100. It was a pretty good deal with 20-30 games, many of them good ones, but I didn't want to mess with it. These NES games are mostly in nice shape and some will replace my copies. Too bad there weren't any I didn't have at all (oh, and bonus!... SMB2 was in one of the units).

From over the weekend:

Gold Pokemon GBC w/ case - $5 from a block sale
    Alien Logic - $3 after tax from a thrift
    DS Space Invaders 2 - $4.99 (new/sealed) from GameStop

My wife made Ichigo and the Prince a while ago for our kids. Then yesterday was our 7 yr anniversary (wool) and she gave me the pikmin and beer cozies that she made.
    Last edited by Cornelius; 08-31-2010 at 01:46 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Found Revelations Persona for the PS with the manual in a game store today. Paid $40 for it, which is way too much, but its one of like four or five I need to complete my PS RPG collection and I was excited to finally see it in the wild. It was an impulse buy so I'm not beating myself up too much, the guy actually wanted $50 but he brought it down some for me. I was also interested to see that the guy who ran the store had a big stack of new and sealed Greatest Hits copies of FFVIII, FFIX and FF:Origins. He said he'd bought them from a warehouse. He tried to sell some to me but I've already got them and am not interested in having things new and sealed.
    Last edited by shopkins; 08-31-2010 at 03:12 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    b0xwater
    PSN
    is_vigilante

Those GH games are easy to get, Square Enix still prints every PS1 FF game except 7.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Have had only 1 find recently. Picked this up from a Goodwill auction. It was just too different to let go. It is a Kenshin Dragon Quest plug 'n' play. I have tried it out a little, and as will most things video game related, I suck at it. Anyway, I got it for $13, plus shipping.

JY

Level 10 Manly Pink Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Pirate OTK
    PSN
    theguywithus

Quote Originally Posted by darkslime View Post
    Those GH games are easy to get, Square Enix still prints every PS1 FF game except 7.
    You'd think there'd be way too much saturation by now...

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

Quote Originally Posted by otoko View Post
    You'd think there'd be way too much saturation by now...
    FF Tactics is OOP too. The problem, is that the games that are still available (Vagrant Story, FF Anthology, FF Chronicles, FF IX) are games that no one gives a shit about. Also it doesn't help that no major stores sell PSOne games anymore. You can still get them via the SquareEnix online store I believe.
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PapaStu View Post
    FF Tactics is OOP too. The problem, is that the games that are still available (Vagrant Story, FF Anthology, FF Chronicles, FF IX) are games that no one gives a shit about. Also it doesn't help that no major stores sell PSOne games anymore. You can still get them via the SquareEnix online store I believe.
    From time to time I still run across a few PSOne games at Fry's but they are the titles you've mentioned that no one really wants - usually FF Chronicles GH for fifteen bucks.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Aha. Ahahaha. BWA HA HA HA HA!

FINALLY SOME GOD DAMN SCORES.

* Office for Students and Teachers was $1. It still had a $160 PRICE TAG on it. It's never been used (shrinkwrapped) but it's got a few tears in the wrap, and the security stickers are intact.
    * Windows Vista Ultimate has two DVDs and the key. That was $5.

The finds:

Sakura Taisen (Sega Saturn, Japanese, complete w/spinecard)
    Guardian Heroes (Sega Saturn, Japanese, complete w/spinecard)
    The King of Fighters 97 (Sega Saturn, Japanese, complete w/spinecard)
    Monkey Island Madness (Monkey Island 1+2)

Hackers Original Soundtrack, Hackers Vol. 2, Hackers Vol. 3, Xena Warrior Princess Original Soundtrack Vol. 1 + 2

All five music CDs and the three Saturn imports were $10! Monkey Island Madness was $1.

Too bad I can't play KOF 97 without a 4MB RAM cart. The Hackers CDs used to be very expensive the last time I checked, I am DAMN HAPPY to get the two I was missing (I already owned Vol. 2). Woot!
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    elusiveshame

I know it's September 1st, but I wasn't allowed access in here until today...

I found the following in August:

N64 w/ Expansion pack, 2 controllers and 1 controller pack: $20
    Mario 64, Majora's Mask Collectors Edition, Donkey Kong 64 and Golden Eye for $20, and to my surprise, they all came in boxes except Mario, but the boxes are beat to hell.

Sega Saturn w/ 2 controllers, 2 light guns, 11 games (games aren't that great): $50

Got my retro duo for $30 shipped off ebay, as well as Final Fantasy 2, 3, and 5, imports, shipped at $11 each (might be a rip off, but now I have every FF on their respected consoles).

And I bought 5 NES games for $20, but they're all crap. Meh.
    Currently Playing: Super Mario RPG (Wii VC), Ghostbusters (Wii), DJ Hero (360, 5* All songs on Expert), Mario Kart Wii

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    cloneholt
    PSN
    cloneholt

Quote Originally Posted by dra600n View Post
    I know it's September 1st, but I wasn't allowed access in here until today...

I found the following in August:

N64 w/ Expansion pack, 2 controllers and 1 controller pack: $20
    Mario 64, Majora's Mask Collectors Edition, Donkey Kong 64 and Golden Eye for $20, and to my surprise, they all came in boxes except Mario, but the boxes are beat to hell.

Sega Saturn w/ 2 controllers, 2 light guns, 11 games (games aren't that great): $50

Got my retro duo for $30 shipped off ebay, as well as Final Fantasy 2, 3, and 5, imports, shipped at $11 each (might be a rip off, but now I have every FF on their respected consoles).

And I bought 5 NES games for $20, but they're all crap. Meh.
    Seems like you hate everything you bought! They're all "beat to hell", "aren't that great", "might be a rip off", and "they're all crap". So, are these finds or are you just looking for some sympathy?

(and yes, this is tongue-in-cheek, so lighten up )

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by dra600n View Post
    If you don't want those games, I'll take 'em.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    elusiveshame

Quote Originally Posted by Deadman View Post
    Seems like you hate everything you bought! They're all "beat to hell", "aren't that great", "might be a rip off", and "they're all crap". So, are these finds or are you just looking for some sympathy?

(and yes, this is tongue-in-cheek, so lighten up )
    lol - I'm not sure on the import prices, so I'm not sure if I got a good deal or not. As for the beat boxes, I was expecting carts only, so it was a nice surprise, just stating the condition they were in lol. I don't take offense to anything, so no worries I like my finds, it adds to my collection

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    If you don't want those games, I'll take 'em.
    They're common saturn games, I think there's a few racing ones in there, and virtua cop. There are 2 that I actually like a lot - virtua fighter 2 and tetris something. I think I'm going to keep them though lol, for now
    Currently Playing: Super Mario RPG (Wii VC), Ghostbusters (Wii), DJ Hero (360, 5* All songs on Expert), Mario Kart Wii

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default More of a September 1, 2010 find

I recently picked up two Ps1 systems for $10, though one isn't currently working (I think it needs a new laser).

The same guy sold me a Nintendo 64 (sans cords or controllers) and 18 games for $10 as well. All of the games work, and 12 of the 18 were games I didn't already own (including Mario Kart 64 and The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time).

I think I did okay for my $20 investment