Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Default Time to Start Planning The CGE2K12 DP After-Party

Well, the CGE2K10 DP After-Party didn't quite go the way we expected. I miss the days when Punkoffgirl and Kevates were making the parties go. Without pointing fingers, I seriously want to make next year's event one that will bring these after-parties back to greatness.

At the very least, the $5 cover charge got everyone these super-cool collectible DP/CGE shot glasses! Many thanks to our partners at CustomInk.com for doing the usual stellar job. And there was plenty of beer and pizza, eventually... oh AND... AND! We had the whole exhibit hall to ourselves, with 30+ arcade machines, couches, and Medieval Mayhem. In the end, it turned out OK.

But next year we need this thought out. Alchohol, snacks, events... I would like 2-4 people to step up in advance as organizers, and we really need to find a sponsor or two - I don't mind kicking in some cash but I'm sure we can do better.

It seems early, but if we don't start thinking about it now, then when?

Your thoughts on this are most welcome!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I doubt I'm qualified to be an organizer, but I'll happily volunteer to be a grunt. I can schlep things, get supplies, that sort of thing.
    "A 'Radical Centrist' ??? Isn't that like being a Take-No-Prisoners Pussy? " - Stephen Colbert
    My Resume
    My Blog

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Sothy

Ya I wouldn't mind helping out.

The party did eventually get pretty rad this year though.

<@Carey85> I-75 is the second busiest freeway in the country behind I-95
    <@NE146> u r

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The party this year was a success imo. Played the hell out of ice cold beer while being drunk. Fun stuff.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Planning a year in advance, eh? Should give me enough time to get my ass in gear and motivated, I think Perhaps we should chat, Joe!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ms. POG - You Better Come Next Year!
    Part of the #vbender crew

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Eternal Tune
    PSN
    EternalTune

Quote Originally Posted by Balloon Fight View Post
    The party this year was a success imo. Played the hell out of ice cold beer while being drunk. Fun stuff.
    What does a gay horse eat?
    RIP Kamino. 1984-2010. Yes, yes I do like nes...

<+skaar> Maybe you should ask yourself "What is it about me that makes men not want to let me penetrate them?"

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I can help out first off I know where we can get REAL NY style pizza for 6.95 each and I can get 2 ltr soda for 88-1.00 so I can help there and would be more then happy to pick up the pizzas

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Alrighty everyone so Punkoffgirl and I touched based and she provided me with some very awesome ideas for the Digital Press After Party that have worked in the past. So here is what we are gonna do, below is a list of responsibilities for the next show's After Party, if you can please respond with what responsibility you would like to volunteer for and take charge of. I will then continually update the forum as volunteers sign up for each responsibility. We can use multiple volunteers so free feel to sign up for whatever you would like even if some else already did. The more helpers we have the better =D

Thank you so much in advance, we greatly appreciate all your help. So here is that list everyone:

-We need a couple volunteers especially if you are locals to Vegas who can make the beer run before or during the auction, it's important the alcohol is at the After Party before it starts.

-We need a couple volunteers who can make the Pizza run before or during the auction, it's important the food is at the After Party shortly after it starts (so it stays hot).

-If anybody is able to donate snacks such as pretzels, chips, popcorn, etc. Danny (Dart Vader) are you out there?

-We need a couple door people who can collect the After Party entry donations as well as manage the door giveaway prizes.

-We need someone who can maintain the After Party sign up sheet. Should we host the party in a Suite, it's important for this person to make sure we do not over book the After Party according to hotel regulations.

-As has been Joe and John's tradition, we will totally keep with that and be sporting 80's music at the After Party. We will need someone to bring a portable CD boombox so we can jam like it's 1985 =D

-Someone had mentioned bringing a Rockband set up for everyone to play, which sounds extremely fun if anyone wants to bring there set up. Please keep in mind though your equipment will be used by random party members, running the risk of getting things back broken.

-And of course and probably most importantly we need some extra hands helping us set everything up for the after party as well as the cleanup process.

This is a list of the basics and as we need help in others areas, we will be sure to post it here. Thank you all once again.
    Last edited by digitpress Jim; 08-16-2010 at 01:05 AM.
    I love ALL Video Games with all my heart and soul

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey All!

As always, will be happy to lend a hand as I have in the past including this last after party. I take part responsibility for things getting started late this year, so I'm all for the planning of next year to make it an even better after party. Being a local to Vegas make it easy to help get things going. If you need anything, please let me know. - Daryl

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks Daryl, always a pleasure seeing you at the show and we appreciate all your assistance! We would love to have you help out at the next after party especially being a local so it would be great if you can assist us with the beer run or point us in the right direction of where to get some nearby. I'll be in touch as the it gets closer to the next show =D

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    VGKYOURMOM

Danny AKA Darth Vader hasn't worked for the chip company for about 5 years. So don't count on those.

Also the best way for beer is to get it Saturday during the day, borrow a couple plastic totes from the DP booth or museum area. Fill the plastic totes with bags of ice and beer. Then you don't have to worry about coolers or filling the bathtub with beer. Plus it is cooled for 5+ hours.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What do you mean "part responsibility", you should take FULL responsibility for the late beer run this year! Hahaha just kidding man.

Quote Originally Posted by 4ever2600 View Post
    Hey All!

As always, will be happy to lend a hand as I have in the past including this last after party. I take part responsibility for things getting started late this year, so I'm all for the planning of next year to make it an even better after party. Being a local to Vegas make it easy to help get things going. If you need anything, please let me know. - Daryl

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SkaarDragoon

Wouldn't it make more sense to just get a few kegs?
    <Sothy> its the internet <Sothy> who cares

Quote Originally Posted by Daltone View Post
    This is a classic gaming site and the most active thread is a load of people wanking off to my little pony.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thus how about after that CGE we have an AtariAge party on Saturday night? I identify you guys aren't the festivity nature that the DP group are, but it would be fine to droop with the public here from my adopted typical gaming house and maybe gather a little more that I didn't bash into at the give you an idea about.
    Last edited by mwakler; 03-22-2011 at 01:56 PM.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

don't know if you heard CGE got cancled for 2011. hopefully it return in 2012

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default CGE 2K12 DP After-Party back in gear!

Hello everyone,

I hope you all had a fantastic and safe New Years! Now that CGE is official for 2012, time to get the after party back in gear =D That being said lets take a tally of who is still down for contributing at this years CGE after party. Also, lets start rolling around any new ideas we have. Thanks!

P.S. I'm still down for us to pay a special visit to Insert Coins Video Lounge

Digitpress Jim

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm in.

Hey! Didn't Adrian volunteer to run this party? ;-)
    - v

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Interesting! When did Adrian volunteer to run the after party for CGE 2K12? I touched base with Joe and have been running it since before CGE 2k11 got canceled. We made a lot of progress and great suggestions within in this thread so I'm just picking up where we left off. The main organizers I had on board for the after party where:

1. Noahsmybro
    2. Sothy
    3. Punkoffgirl
    4. Kevates
    5. Digitpress Jim

But being that it has been over a year, we might have to recreate the list of organizers. Has Adrian posted here recently for CGE 2K12 after party suggestions and ideas? I want to work together as a team to make this one kick ass CGE 2K12 party! Wahoo!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SkaarDragoon

Rum was delicious.
    <Sothy> its the internet <Sothy> who cares

Quote Originally Posted by Daltone View Post
    This is a classic gaming site and the most active thread is a load of people wanking off to my little pony.