Thread: Time to Start Planning The CGE2K12 DP After-Party

Insert Coin (Level 0) Plastik Gold's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    K Dub 480

wow, that's incredible. sounds like its going to be right near fremont street, too.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Very impressive!!! It would be awesome to see Higher Roller video game collectors strolling up in this video lounge. Or even classic gaming Alumni or High Score record holders. I'm totally drooling after watching the video, this place looks bad ass. I would be totally down to try and ralley up those who wanna go and check out Inset Coin(s) videolounge gamebar =D
    I love ALL Video Games with all my heart and soul

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

According to an article posted on their twitter feed http://twitter.com/#!/insertcoinslv they will not open until April.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I would like to know if all the errands have been taken yet be happy to help out in any way I can since I live here

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I would have to say, a keg or 2 would not be a bad idea, then cases f whatever others want also. Can be had at BevMo relatively decent price, also for beer/liquor, Costco and Trader Joe's are good choices.
    Hopefully I can afford to make it to CGE2k11, I really want to. Afterparty's are definitely a bonus. And I'll be bringing some beer/liquor as well.
    I know that the cash for door charge is used to cover expenses, but maybe bringing some beer/booze/pizza/food etc. of at east same value or more could be used as the same?
    Now it is the beginning of
    a fantastic story! Let us
    make a Journey to
    the cave of Monters!
    Good luck!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thus how about after that CGE we have an AtariAge party on Saturday night? I identify you guys aren't the festivity nature that the DP group are, but it would be fine to droop with the public here from my adopted typical gaming house and maybe gather a little more that I didn't bash into at the give you an idea about.
    Last edited by mwakler; 03-22-2011 at 01:56 PM.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

don't know if you heard CGE got cancled for 2011. hopefully it return in 2012

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default CGE 2K12 DP After-Party back in gear!

Hello everyone,

I hope you all had a fantastic and safe New Years! Now that CGE is official for 2012, time to get the after party back in gear =D That being said lets take a tally of who is still down for contributing at this years CGE after party. Also, lets start rolling around any new ideas we have. Thanks!

P.S. I'm still down for us to pay a special visit to Insert Coins Video Lounge

Digitpress Jim

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm in.

Hey! Didn't Adrian volunteer to run this party? ;-)
    - v

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Interesting! When did Adrian volunteer to run the after party for CGE 2K12? I touched base with Joe and have been running it since before CGE 2k11 got canceled. We made a lot of progress and great suggestions within in this thread so I'm just picking up where we left off. The main organizers I had on board for the after party where:

1. Noahsmybro
    2. Sothy
    3. Punkoffgirl
    4. Kevates
    5. Digitpress Jim

But being that it has been over a year, we might have to recreate the list of organizers. Has Adrian posted here recently for CGE 2K12 after party suggestions and ideas? I want to work together as a team to make this one kick ass CGE 2K12 party! Wahoo!!!!

Insert Coin (Level 0) RetroGaming Roundup's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Count Scott and SocalMike in from RGRUP, what is needed? I'll be in town a few days before CGE and can help out.
    Check out our show at www.RetroGamingRoundup.com

We LOVE CGE

Yo Joe! Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    ladyjaye75
    PSN
    ladyjaye75

I'm in.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have a healthy supply of party games for 360 and also have a Kinect. If I bring rockband, maybe it is a good excuse for me to finally buy the keytar. I also have dj hero 1 and 2 with 2 turntables. I do not plan on bringing everything, but whichever one people would play more I would be down to bring up

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Awesome! Those who are in, thanks for responding, let's keep it coming. Currently I'm going back through this forum thread to gather all the ideas we have and see what we are still going to implement, what we want to add or take away, etc. SegaAges, I would definitely bring one of your Kinect set ups and or rockband or DJ hero. That being said, let's take a tally, who would like to have Rockband? Who would like to have DJ Hero? And who would like to have a Kinect set up? Like SegaAges said, if we can get some one to bring one of the set ups, we can more of a variety.

Also, I was thinking of having a theme for this years after party. We all here have a love and nostalgia for the 80's and I know it is cliche, but how do you all feel about having an 80's theme for the after party? We could have a costume contest too, best 80's costume wins a special 80's prize or a trophy or something fun (I'm dying to wear my white Don Johnson suit again this year and pink pastel shirt =) Sort of a way to relive an 80's party. I was thinking to tie into the Rockband theme, some one can bring a copy of Rockband Encore: Rock the 80's for PS2 and the guitars. We could jam all 80's music! Again this maybe cliche and done somewhat in the past but let's hear it everyone, what are your thoughts on a theme? Thanks team!

digitpress Jim

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You are thinking of Guitar Hero, but it is all good. That game was released on PS2. Maybe somebody can bring their PS2 and a copy of the game or something (hey, I managed to shove a full body Sonic suit into my small suit case last time I went before I moved here, so a ps2 and some guitars is not out of the question, just sayin)

I do need to say that I really don't have many 80's songs on Rockband. I am all for bringing it, but just wanted you guys to be aware of the fact that there will not be much 80's stuff if I bring my RockBand setup

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Eternal Tune
    PSN
    EternalTune

I hope someone brings Rock Band as I want to sing Still Alive. That is the only song I can pull off with that damned high pitched voice of mine.

Also, better booze planning please. I hate beer and that was the only option.
    RIP Kamino. 1984-2010. Yes, yes I do like nes...

<+skaar> Maybe you should ask yourself "What is it about me that makes men not want to let me penetrate them?"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SkaarDragoon

Rum was delicious.
    <Sothy> its the internet <Sothy> who cares

Quote Originally Posted by Daltone View Post
    This is a classic gaming site and the most active thread is a load of people wanking off to my little pony.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Whoops, my bad, I meant Guitar Hero Encore: Rock the 80's lol. I have this game so I just need to go through my collection and find it. So I'll bring the game. Does anybody here want to bring their PS2 system and guitars? Any Vegas locals coming to the After Party that can possibly provide the ps2 and guitars? =)

Joe made a post on his Facebook featuring Devo's Whip It Good music video and since Devo is Joe's favorite band I told him I would Karaoke him some Devo at the After Party since he is like a brother me. This has actually inspired me to get all of yours vote, does anybody want to do Karaoke at the After Party? If so does any locals have a Karaoke Machine to bring? Drunk gamers singing Karaoke equals one hell of a memorable night hehe

To address the alcohol, let me assure everyone right now that we will not have a problem with alcohol like we did at the previous show. I will personally miss the auction if I have too to make sure the alcohol is on time and ready for all us thirsty classic gamers ready to get our drink on! So that being said I just need a couple volunteers who know the area to come with me and those who want to donate for the alcohol purchase. Oh and btw, we can totally make sure to add some rum and such in there to mix it up. Just don't want to get too costly Plus we gotta have some harder alcohol to do our shots in a spiffy Digital Press 2K12 shot glass =)

Let's recap on the 80's party theme, who here likes the idea from my previous post? One thing is for certain, at some point during the show, I will be busting out my white Miami Vice Don Johnson suit like I did years back lol and if my girl friend doesn't make me cut it, I may even be sporting longer hair haha!
    Last edited by digitpress Jim; 02-17-2012 at 02:15 AM.

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Quote Originally Posted by digitpress Jim View Post
    Does anybody want to do Karaoke at the After Party?
    I'm always down for Karaoke, be it a Rock Band setup or a for-realisies Karaoke machine, there are few things in this life that I enjoy more.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Yo Joe! Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    ladyjaye75
    PSN
    ladyjaye75

Same here for karaoke! Like Frankie, whether via Rock Band/Guitar Hero or Karaoke Revolution or classic CD+G tracks, I'm all up for it! And an all-80s catalog sounds great (lthough I'd suggest that we also include some 70s rock classics as well )
    Last edited by Lady Jaye; 02-17-2012 at 02:36 PM.