Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Time to Start Planning The CGE2K12 DP After-Party

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

No worries Kev,

It'll be great to see ya at the next show, we missed ya this year! Would love to have ya help out so we can add you to the list of helpers. Any ideas you have or if something worked out great in past years for the Digital Press parties, please feel to share =D I'm cooking up some ideas as well and can't wait to work together to make a kick ass Party at the next show. So to recap, here are our organizers of the 2011 CGE Digital Press After Party:

1. Noahsmybro
    2. Sothy
    3. Punkoffgirl
    4. Kevates
    5. Digitpress Jim

Between the five of us, let's start thinking about who would like to contribute what to the party? That way we can assign those responsibilites to that individual. Most importantly, wherever the event is held, we have to make sure the beer and pizza arrive on time so let's make sure we do some research of the area of where the next CGE will be held =D

That's all I have for now, thanks everyone! By the way, if anybody is down to be an extra helper on call just in case something should happen to one of us or if one of us can't make the show, it would be great to have you ready to fill in. But above all, we need to work as a team to make it happen and have some fun! Thanks everyone =D

Digitpress Jim
    I love ALL Video Games with all my heart and soul

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm not sure how big of a help it is, but I can bring a couple cases of brew.

It sounds like there was a delay on that.

I may not be able to organize anything, but I seem to have a habit of being a party starter, so if you want me to, I can buy a couple cases to get it started until you guys bring the other stuff.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That would be outstanding man! And totally appreciated. Guaranteed beer as soon as the party is started is a must! So I will totally write you down for bringing a couple cases of beer. If anything changes just let me know but your contribution will be a huge help =D Thanks man!

Digitpress Jim

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by digitpress Jim View Post
    That would be outstanding man! And totally appreciated. Guaranteed beer as soon as the party is started is a must! So I will totally write you down for bringing a couple cases of beer. If anything changes just let me know but your contribution will be a huge help =D Thanks man!

Digitpress Jim
    Well next time I go, as long as it is not in Trop, I was going to just stay in the hotel that the show is held in, so I can keep the beer cold there and just put it in a duffle bag or something. I don't know, I will figure something out.

Please do not plan on me bringing the entire party some brews for the entire night, but I will definitely bring something to get it started at the very minimum.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sounds great man! No expectation at all of bringing beer for everyone, we'll totally have that coverd for the whole group. I love the idea of you having some starter beer, that's great! We'll make sure the beer is on time so everybody will have plenty

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I would love to contribute in this way! I was in vegas, but couldnt make it to the after party, so I really want to ve involved next tear. If you have enough people to help plan, I can make a financial contribution at the least. I'll get in touch with you soon do_Jim!

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Please do Anotherfluke, I would love to hear from ya! Thanks.

Digitpress Jim

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by digitpress Jim View Post
    Please do Anotherfluke, I would love to hear from ya! Thanks.

Digitpress Jim
    Why don't you send me your email in a private message, and we can talk more about what we did in the past that seemed to work?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vectrexer View Post
    Let's plan it on the "5th Weekend" so Adrian (need the related DP name) can organize the hell out of it. Don't want to piss off the Trop by stealing their club thunder, but then again why not?

Since I will be driving again I'll volunteer to carry stuff, and get drunk , but not organize.

Cool meeting and talking with Adrian btw.
    Is Adrian actually a member here?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Sothy

Yo Adrian!

<@Carey85> I-75 is the second busiest freeway in the country behind I-95
    <@NE146> u r

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Eternal Tune
    PSN
    EternalTune

I want to sing Still Alive in Rock Band. They won't let me do that where I live, because I have a high pitched voice that may break glass.

It would also be nice to stock something besides beer for us pussies. I drank all Skaar's rum. Yo Ho Ho.
    Last edited by Eternal Tune; 08-12-2010 at 02:17 PM.
    RIP Kamino. 1984-2010. Yes, yes I do like nes...

<+skaar> Maybe you should ask yourself "What is it about me that makes men not want to let me penetrate them?"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SkaarDragoon

Why not do kind of a BYOB thing like most parties? I brought a bottle of 10cane that went and am happy to bring another bottle next year.

I had a good time this year, even if I was drunk before the auction started

Cheers!
    <Sothy> its the internet <Sothy> who cares

Quote Originally Posted by Daltone View Post
    This is a classic gaming site and the most active thread is a load of people wanking off to my little pony.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

PM sent. Thanks Punkoffgirl.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

, don't thank me until you read the lengthy email I just sent

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Eternal Tune
    PSN
    EternalTune

Quote Originally Posted by Balloon Fight View Post
    The party this year was a success imo. Played the hell out of ice cold beer while being drunk. Fun stuff.
    What does a gay horse eat?
    RIP Kamino. 1984-2010. Yes, yes I do like nes...

<+skaar> Maybe you should ask yourself "What is it about me that makes men not want to let me penetrate them?"

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I can help out first off I know where we can get REAL NY style pizza for 6.95 each and I can get 2 ltr soda for 88-1.00 so I can help there and would be more then happy to pick up the pizzas

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Alrighty everyone so Punkoffgirl and I touched based and she provided me with some very awesome ideas for the Digital Press After Party that have worked in the past. So here is what we are gonna do, below is a list of responsibilities for the next show's After Party, if you can please respond with what responsibility you would like to volunteer for and take charge of. I will then continually update the forum as volunteers sign up for each responsibility. We can use multiple volunteers so free feel to sign up for whatever you would like even if some else already did. The more helpers we have the better =D

Thank you so much in advance, we greatly appreciate all your help. So here is that list everyone:

-We need a couple volunteers especially if you are locals to Vegas who can make the beer run before or during the auction, it's important the alcohol is at the After Party before it starts.

-We need a couple volunteers who can make the Pizza run before or during the auction, it's important the food is at the After Party shortly after it starts (so it stays hot).

-If anybody is able to donate snacks such as pretzels, chips, popcorn, etc. Danny (Dart Vader) are you out there?

-We need a couple door people who can collect the After Party entry donations as well as manage the door giveaway prizes.

-We need someone who can maintain the After Party sign up sheet. Should we host the party in a Suite, it's important for this person to make sure we do not over book the After Party according to hotel regulations.

-As has been Joe and John's tradition, we will totally keep with that and be sporting 80's music at the After Party. We will need someone to bring a portable CD boombox so we can jam like it's 1985 =D

-Someone had mentioned bringing a Rockband set up for everyone to play, which sounds extremely fun if anyone wants to bring there set up. Please keep in mind though your equipment will be used by random party members, running the risk of getting things back broken.

-And of course and probably most importantly we need some extra hands helping us set everything up for the after party as well as the cleanup process.

This is a list of the basics and as we need help in others areas, we will be sure to post it here. Thank you all once again.
    Last edited by digitpress Jim; 08-16-2010 at 01:05 AM.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey All!

As always, will be happy to lend a hand as I have in the past including this last after party. I take part responsibility for things getting started late this year, so I'm all for the planning of next year to make it an even better after party. Being a local to Vegas make it easy to help get things going. If you need anything, please let me know. - Daryl

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks Daryl, always a pleasure seeing you at the show and we appreciate all your assistance! We would love to have you help out at the next after party especially being a local so it would be great if you can assist us with the beer run or point us in the right direction of where to get some nearby. I'll be in touch as the it gets closer to the next show =D

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    VGKYOURMOM

Danny AKA Darth Vader hasn't worked for the chip company for about 5 years. So don't count on those.

Also the best way for beer is to get it Saturday during the day, borrow a couple plastic totes from the DP booth or museum area. Fill the plastic totes with bags of ice and beer. Then you don't have to worry about coolers or filling the bathtub with beer. Plus it is cooled for 5+ hours.