Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Time to Start Planning The CGE2K12 DP After-Party

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I landed a job in Vegas and will be a resident there in two weeks.

I am sure that I can lend a helping hand wherever needed

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dave2236 View Post
    Danny AKA Darth Vader hasn't worked for the chip company for about 5 years. So don't count on those.

Also the best way for beer is to get it Saturday during the day, borrow a couple plastic totes from the DP booth or museum area. Fill the plastic totes with bags of ice and beer. Then you don't have to worry about coolers or filling the bathtub with beer. Plus it is cooled for 5+ hours.
    Awesome! Thanks for the heads up, we greatly appreciate it. That is great thinking, we'll totally make sure some one makes a beer run during the day and have that tasty brew pre-chilled for everyone to quench their thirst after the exciting auction =D
    I love ALL Video Games with all my heart and soul

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SegaAges View Post
    I landed a job in Vegas and will be a resident there in two weeks.

I am sure that I can lend a helping hand wherever needed
    That's outstanding man! Anything from the above list you wanna take on, just let us know. Otherwise, we'll totally have plenty for ya to do

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

People mentioned rock band, well, alot of people, so I should be able to pull out my rock band 1 set since I don't care if anybody fucks up my old drums.

once i get situated in Vegas, I will go over the list and volunteer for a couple things.

Do not mark me down as an organizer, as that is too much responsibility that I honestly do not want to deal with, but seriously tack me down as a volunteer for something.

I am more than happy to have people beat the shit out of my rb1 set, so you can put me down for that. I would probably not bring it to CGE since an entire day of it getting beaten is worse than a night of drunkards beating on it. You can tack me down for that. I don't have many 80's songs, so if somebody else wants to bring their 360 and hdd, we can use my set for that.

I also would not mind leaving during the auction and picking up brews. There is a list earlier about what kinds, so I can go based off of that. Depending on how you want to do it, I can get it all in one shot, but I would need somebody to go with me so that I am not carrying case upon case by myself.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Score man, totally bring the Rock Band! We really appreciate you volunteering your Rock Band set up, it will add loads of fun to the after party!!! Not to worry my man, I will not add you as a organaizer but I do totally have you marked down as a volunteer which we greatly appreciate and look forward to working with ya at the show =D

Digitpress Jim

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am a local too. Daryl and I are the ones that made the beer run. I think I can speak for him that he and I would like to take full responsibility making the run (hopefully before the auction cause we don't want to miss that) in time for the next CGE after party. My only concern is getting it too soon, and the beer being warm by the time the party starts, so hopefully we'll have a fridge again that we can load up before the auction begins.

I can also of course help with whatever type of setting up and clean up is needed afterwords.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What do you mean "part responsibility", you should take FULL responsibility for the late beer run this year! Hahaha just kidding man.

Quote Originally Posted by 4ever2600 View Post
    Hey All!

As always, will be happy to lend a hand as I have in the past including this last after party. I take part responsibility for things getting started late this year, so I'm all for the planning of next year to make it an even better after party. Being a local to Vegas make it easy to help get things going. If you need anything, please let me know. - Daryl

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SkaarDragoon

Wouldn't it make more sense to just get a few kegs?
    <Sothy> its the internet <Sothy> who cares

Quote Originally Posted by Daltone View Post
    This is a classic gaming site and the most active thread is a load of people wanking off to my little pony.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Oldskool, thanks man for taking on the beer run! I have you and Daryl penciled in to do the beer run at the next after party. Here is what we will do, we'll send you and Daryl out to make the beer run before the auction, that way nobody misses it and everyone can enjoy the awesomness of the auction! And still have that tasty beer waiting for them

I'll make sure we have a fridge lined up like we did this year or at the very least we'll use big ass tubs and fill it with ice to keep the beer cold. Either way, we'll totally make it happen. Thanks again for taking this on this year, much appreciated.

Skaar, while kegs would be most lost logical and ethical, I think the hotel may have a restriction on something like that but I will none the less look into it to make sure.

Thanks every one. Keep that input coming =D

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The nice thing about not having Kegs, is that you can get a variety of beers. For instance, someone requested dark beers, so we picked up a dozen. If we buy a Keg, everyone will have to drink the same thing, which they may not like.

Perhaps during the day I will look at the list of people attending the after party, and see if they have any special request for beer. Anything other than beer (Whiskey, Vodka, Etc) I am assuming will have to be purchased or at least the money fronted for it before hand - then we could pick it up for ya.

Quote Originally Posted by digitpress Jim View Post
    Oldskool, thanks man for taking on the beer run! I have you and Daryl penciled in to do the beer run at the next after party. Here is what we will do, we'll send you and Daryl out to make the beer run before the auction, that way nobody misses it and everyone can enjoy the awesomness of the auction! And still have that tasty beer waiting for them

I'll make sure we have a fridge lined up like we did this year or at the very least we'll use big ass tubs and fill it with ice to keep the beer cold. Either way, we'll totally make it happen. Thanks again for taking this on this year, much appreciated.

Skaar, while kegs would be most lost logical and ethical, I think the hotel may have a restriction on something like that but I will none the less look into it to make sure.

Thanks every one. Keep that input coming =D

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So I'll be helping to set up the Expo, helping to run the Game Stations, the After Party alcohol run, and helping to break down the Expo. I might be booked at this point.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Eternal Tune
    PSN
    EternalTune

Please remember the women when you buy booze. Personally I don't like beer nor drinking urine, despite popular belief that I crave pee.
    RIP Kamino. 1984-2010. Yes, yes I do like nes...

<+skaar> Maybe you should ask yourself "What is it about me that makes men not want to let me penetrate them?"

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Awesome! Thanks Oldskool! Eternal Tune, we will totally keep the ladies in mind I like Oldsckools idea of compling a list during show of everyone's prefered drink, so ladies here's your oppurtunity =D

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It would be nice if somebody volunteered their 360 so that I am not bringing rock band + a 360. I am more than willing to bring my hard drive though, as it is pretty jam packed with songs

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You make a very valid point! How in the world can we play the awesome Rock Band set up without an Xbox 360 lol. Although, when we all get drunk and past the point of no return, it will be amusing to see all the people who are just sitting there playing the instruments without the TV evening being on lol j/k.

I will touch base with Joe and see if possibly he would be willing to let us borrow a 360 from his store. But just in case, is there anybody here that would like to add a Xbox 360 to there list of goodies to bring to the party? Thanks everyone, hope all has been well!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I will volunteer to bring a 360 if anyone wants to buy me one!

But none of this arcade-model junk - I want the real deal, Elite model!
    "A 'Radical Centrist' ??? Isn't that like being a Take-No-Prisoners Pussy? " - Stephen Colbert
    My Resume
    My Blog

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Now with the release of the Kinect, who's down to bring an Elite model that came bundled with Kinect hehe Seriously though, we should totally consider having a Kinect set up at the after party. That would be bad ass! What are your guys' thoughts on this?
    Last edited by digitpress Jim; 11-05-2010 at 01:21 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That would be an awesome idea, and if somebody is bringing their Kinect+360, I will suck it up and bring my 360 as it would be super lame to have Kinect and Rock Band and only 1 360 to play either one on

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

SegaAges,

That would be awesome man!!! As it gets closer to show time, we will find out who is willing to bring a 360 & their Kinect. Then if you bring your 360 and we have a RockBand Set Up, this would make for a very fun filled after party =)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This may be a cool place for a pre or post get together.

http://www.insertcoinslv.com/

I'm going to Vegas for vacation in late March so hopefully it will be open by then and I can check it out.