Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Time to Start Planning The CGE2K12 DP After-Party

So I'll be helping to set up the Expo, helping to run the Game Stations, the After Party alcohol run, and helping to break down the Expo. I might be booked at this point.

Xbox LIVE
    Eternal Tune
    PSN
    EternalTune

Please remember the women when you buy booze. Personally I don't like beer nor drinking urine, despite popular belief that I crave pee.
    RIP Kamino. 1984-2010. Yes, yes I do like nes...

<+skaar> Maybe you should ask yourself "What is it about me that makes men not want to let me penetrate them?"

Strawberry (Level 2)

Awesome! Thanks Oldskool! Eternal Tune, we will totally keep the ladies in mind I like Oldsckools idea of compling a list during show of everyone's prefered drink, so ladies here's your oppurtunity =D
    I love ALL Video Games with all my heart and soul

It would be nice if somebody volunteered their 360 so that I am not bringing rock band + a 360. I am more than willing to bring my hard drive though, as it is pretty jam packed with songs

Strawberry (Level 2)

You make a very valid point! How in the world can we play the awesome Rock Band set up without an Xbox 360 lol. Although, when we all get drunk and past the point of no return, it will be amusing to see all the people who are just sitting there playing the instruments without the TV evening being on lol j/k.

I will touch base with Joe and see if possibly he would be willing to let us borrow a 360 from his store. But just in case, is there anybody here that would like to add a Xbox 360 to there list of goodies to bring to the party? Thanks everyone, hope all has been well!

I will volunteer to bring a 360 if anyone wants to buy me one!

But none of this arcade-model junk - I want the real deal, Elite model!
    "A 'Radical Centrist' ??? Isn't that like being a Take-No-Prisoners Pussy? " - Stephen Colbert
    My Resume
    My Blog

Strawberry (Level 2)

Now with the release of the Kinect, who's down to bring an Elite model that came bundled with Kinect hehe Seriously though, we should totally consider having a Kinect set up at the after party. That would be bad ass! What are your guys' thoughts on this?
    Last edited by digitpress Jim; 11-05-2010 at 01:21 AM.

That would be an awesome idea, and if somebody is bringing their Kinect+360, I will suck it up and bring my 360 as it would be super lame to have Kinect and Rock Band and only 1 360 to play either one on

Strawberry (Level 2)

SegaAges,

That would be awesome man!!! As it gets closer to show time, we will find out who is willing to bring a 360 & their Kinect. Then if you bring your 360 and we have a RockBand Set Up, this would make for a very fun filled after party =)

This may be a cool place for a pre or post get together.

http://www.insertcoinslv.com/

I'm going to Vegas for vacation in late March so hopefully it will be open by then and I can check it out.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Plastik Gold's Avatar
    Xbox LIVE
    K Dub 480

wow, that's incredible. sounds like its going to be right near fremont street, too.

Strawberry (Level 2)

Very impressive!!! It would be awesome to see Higher Roller video game collectors strolling up in this video lounge. Or even classic gaming Alumni or High Score record holders. I'm totally drooling after watching the video, this place looks bad ass. I would be totally down to try and ralley up those who wanna go and check out Inset Coin(s) videolounge gamebar =D

According to an article posted on their twitter feed http://twitter.com/#!/insertcoinslv they will not open until April.

Insert Coin (Level 0)

I would like to know if all the errands have been taken yet be happy to help out in any way I can since I live here

I would have to say, a keg or 2 would not be a bad idea, then cases f whatever others want also. Can be had at BevMo relatively decent price, also for beer/liquor, Costco and Trader Joe's are good choices.
    Hopefully I can afford to make it to CGE2k11, I really want to. Afterparty's are definitely a bonus. And I'll be bringing some beer/liquor as well.
    I know that the cash for door charge is used to cover expenses, but maybe bringing some beer/booze/pizza/food etc. of at east same value or more could be used as the same?
    Now it is the beginning of
    a fantastic story! Let us
    make a Journey to
    the cave of Monters!
    Good luck!

Insert Coin (Level 0)

Thus how about after that CGE we have an AtariAge party on Saturday night? I identify you guys aren't the festivity nature that the DP group are, but it would be fine to droop with the public here from my adopted typical gaming house and maybe gather a little more that I didn't bash into at the give you an idea about.
    Last edited by mwakler; 03-22-2011 at 01:56 PM.

Peach (Level 3)

don't know if you heard CGE got cancled for 2011. hopefully it return in 2012

Strawberry (Level 2)

Default CGE 2K12 DP After-Party back in gear!

Hello everyone,

I hope you all had a fantastic and safe New Years! Now that CGE is official for 2012, time to get the after party back in gear =D That being said lets take a tally of who is still down for contributing at this years CGE after party. Also, lets start rolling around any new ideas we have. Thanks!

P.S. I'm still down for us to pay a special visit to Insert Coins Video Lounge

Digitpress Jim

I'm in.

Hey! Didn't Adrian volunteer to run this party? ;-)
    - v

Strawberry (Level 2)

Interesting! When did Adrian volunteer to run the after party for CGE 2K12? I touched base with Joe and have been running it since before CGE 2k11 got canceled. We made a lot of progress and great suggestions within in this thread so I'm just picking up where we left off. The main organizers I had on board for the after party where:

1. Noahsmybro
    2. Sothy
    3. Punkoffgirl
    4. Kevates
    5. Digitpress Jim

But being that it has been over a year, we might have to recreate the list of organizers. Has Adrian posted here recently for CGE 2K12 after party suggestions and ideas? I want to work together as a team to make this one kick ass CGE 2K12 party! Wahoo!!!!

Insert Coin (Level 0) RetroGaming Roundup's Avatar

Count Scott and SocalMike in from RGRUP, what is needed? I'll be in town a few days before CGE and can help out.
    Check out our show at www.RetroGamingRoundup.com

We LOVE CGE

Yo Joe! Custom rank graphic
    Xbox LIVE
    ladyjaye75
    PSN
    ladyjaye75

I'm in.

I have a healthy supply of party games for 360 and also have a Kinect. If I bring rockband, maybe it is a good excuse for me to finally buy the keytar. I also have dj hero 1 and 2 with 2 turntables. I do not plan on bringing everything, but whichever one people would play more I would be down to bring up

Strawberry (Level 2)

Awesome! Those who are in, thanks for responding, let's keep it coming. Currently I'm going back through this forum thread to gather all the ideas we have and see what we are still going to implement, what we want to add or take away, etc. SegaAges, I would definitely bring one of your Kinect set ups and or rockband or DJ hero. That being said, let's take a tally, who would like to have Rockband? Who would like to have DJ Hero? And who would like to have a Kinect set up? Like SegaAges said, if we can get some one to bring one of the set ups, we can more of a variety.

Also, I was thinking of having a theme for this years after party. We all here have a love and nostalgia for the 80's and I know it is cliche, but how do you all feel about having an 80's theme for the after party? We could have a costume contest too, best 80's costume wins a special 80's prize or a trophy or something fun (I'm dying to wear my white Don Johnson suit again this year and pink pastel shirt =) Sort of a way to relive an 80's party. I was thinking to tie into the Rockband theme, some one can bring a copy of Rockband Encore: Rock the 80's for PS2 and the guitars. We could jam all 80's music! Again this maybe cliche and done somewhat in the past but let's hear it everyone, what are your thoughts on a theme? Thanks team!

digitpress Jim

You are thinking of Guitar Hero, but it is all good. That game was released on PS2. Maybe somebody can bring their PS2 and a copy of the game or something (hey, I managed to shove a full body Sonic suit into my small suit case last time I went before I moved here, so a ps2 and some guitars is not out of the question, just sayin)

I do need to say that I really don't have many 80's songs on Rockband. I am all for bringing it, but just wanted you guys to be aware of the fact that there will not be much 80's stuff if I bring my RockBand setup