Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: Time to Start Planning The CGE2K12 DP After-Party

Insert Coin (Level 0) RetroGaming Roundup's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I would like to table the idea of grabbing a hand cart and bringing down some arcade cabs, Pat and or Lonnie and us can do that.
    Check out our show at www.RetroGamingRoundup.com

We LOVE CGE

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey everyone,

Just a heads up! The After Party at this point will be held in a spacious suite at the Plaza. I'm going to call the hotel tomorrow to make arrangements. This is not set in stone yet and I have to confirm the availability of a suite for the Saturday night After Party but just thought I would plant a seed since there is a good chance we'll be in a suite this year.
    Last edited by digitpress Jim; 07-24-2012 at 10:17 AM.
    I love ALL Video Games with all my heart and soul

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default CGE 2K12 After Party to be Held in Suite

Hey everyone,

So it's official the CGE 2K12 After Party will be held in a suite this year! I called the Plaza today and made the reservation. I know a lot of your where really digging the show floor idea or an off set room but for practical reasons a suite will be awesome and we are going to party like it is 1985!!! And dammit, I better hear some Depeche Mode playing So at this point I'm going to make a post here shortly in which I'll need those who are listed to confirm if they are still bringing what they listed to the after party. No doubt, the biggest emphasis will be on food and beer readily available right as everyone shows up. Thanks everyone for your comments and suggestions!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by digitpress Jim View Post
    Hey everyone,

So it's official the CGE 2K12 After Party will be held in a suite this year! I called the Plaza today and made the reservation. I know a lot of your where really digging the show floor idea or an off set room but for practical reasons a suite will be awesome and we are going to party like it is 1985!!! And dammit, I better hear some Depeche Mode playing So at this point I'm going to make a post here shortly in which I'll need those who are listed to confirm if they are still bringing what they listed to the after party. No doubt, the biggest emphasis will be on food and beer readily available right as everyone shows up. Thanks everyone for your comments and suggestions!
    How big is the suite going to be?

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The suite I have reserved for us is just below the penthouse suite (which was all reserved). Our suite features the following:

-Over 800 square feet
    -Living room/dining room
    -Two Bedrooms with one queen bed in each
    -Adjoining Parlor room with sofa, chairs, wet bar, etc.
    -a full bathroom and their is a half bathroom in the living room area.
    -32 Inch TVs
    Last edited by digitpress Jim; 07-25-2012 at 12:02 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SkaarDragoon

So... my first condo.

Sounds like a party.
    <Sothy> its the internet <Sothy> who cares

Quote Originally Posted by Daltone View Post
    This is a classic gaming site and the most active thread is a load of people wanking off to my little pony.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    PSN
    buzz_retro64

Quote Originally Posted by digitpress Jim View Post
    The suite I have reserved for us is just below the penthouse suite (which was all reserved). Our suite features the following:

-Over 800 square feet
    -Living room/dining room
    -Two Bedrooms with one queen bed in each
    -Adjoining Parlor room with sofa, chairs, wet bar, etc.
    -a full bathroom and their is a half bathroom in the living room area.
    -32 Inch TVs
    Will be there! Will there be a secret hand shake, special knock on the door, or password to utter to enter the room?

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nope nothing special like that, just sign up at the Digital Press booth, contribute $5.00 to get in and your golden! Just remember if you don't pay $5.00 during the sign up, it will be $15.00 at the door to get in. We look forward to seeing you their, it's gonna be one hell of a party!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by buzz_n64 View Post
    Will be there! Will there be a secret hand shake, special knock on the door, or password to utter to enter the room?
    Last edited by digitpress Jim; 07-25-2012 at 01:08 AM.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Glad to hear the locale is neither the show floor or a small hotel room... a suite sounds perfect.

Once question: Music? Obviously, bringing in a DJ rig is out of the question, but I could whip up an iPod playlist or provide mix CDs, etc.

Or if music is a total non-issue (what with gaming and chatting going on) that's no big deal, either.

Either way, looking forward to the after-party!

- Adrian
    Love, Adrian

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey Adrian,

Your totally our DJ for the after party! With your vast experience in throwing parties, I trust you to provide some kick ass entertainment. I really dig the 8-bit chiptune remix we talked about before. Thanks for being part of our after party! I'm open to any ideas you have or how ever you want to set up the party for music.

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
    Glad to hear the locale is neither the show floor or a small hotel room... a suite sounds perfect.

Once question: Music? Obviously, bringing in a DJ rig is out of the question, but I could whip up an iPod playlist or provide mix CDs, etc.

Or if music is a total non-issue (what with gaming and chatting going on) that's no big deal, either.

Either way, looking forward to the after-party!

- Adrian

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Music is definitely a must. Take away the music and you have a get together, not a party. I vote for very loud but not too loud.

This is coming together nicely!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It being a hotel suite, and not a big room, there is no real point in lugging in a sound system (and besides, the hotel would probably balk at that anyway).

However, I'm assuming there's got to be an in-room stereo, right? iPod player, CD player, something like that right?

What I'm thinking is that I can program a custom "CGE After-Party" playlist that can run on auto-pilot on an iPod for ... um... how many hours?

It would be a mix of 80s/90s mashups, 8-bit covers, chiptune pop, etc.

Taking requests NOW!
    Love, Adrian

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Alrighty everyone so I've went back through this forum and wanted to confirm who is bringing what. Below you will see your name and what you have offered to contribute, I just need to know if you are still down to bring the below mentioned. If I have missed anyone and you are willing to bring something, please let me know! Now is the time to finalize as much as we can.

SegaAges:

-healthy supply of party games for 360 and also have a Kinect.

-Rockband Setup (2 guitars, a drum set, microphone, hopefully keytar and my 360)

-purchase roughly 10 songs

rudy j. ferretti 1979:

-I can get 16 pies one topping 7.00 each maybe less for the group........... Domino's has come a long way I must say though.

Adrian:

-an in-room stereo, right? iPod player, CD player, something like that right?

-I can program a custom "CGE After-Party" playlist that can run on auto-pilot on an iPod for ... um... how many hours? Adrian plan on 5 to 7 hours of music.

-It would be a mix of 80s/90s mashups, 8-bit covers, chiptune pop, etc.

Here is what we still need from volunteers:

-Does anybody have an ipod player, CD Player, etc that Adrian can use to run music?
    -We want Dark room party lighting, not overhead lighting. Can anyone bring more disco/party type lighting?
    -Ample supply of nibble food. Anyone down to bring Potato chips, Cheetos, etc. for everyone to munch on?
    -Can anyone bring a Karaoke machine with CD+Gs? Otherwise we can use Rockband or if anyone wants to bring their laptop, we can Youtube Karaoke, just need figure out how to set up the microphone.

Things to keep in mind:

-While I would love to have a LOUD party, we might have to keep it a little quite just to not get compliments and have the party crashed.
    -We are not supposed to have outside food or alcohol but you can bet your ass that we are going to =D We just need to be extra conscious that we keep it concealed until we get inside the suite.
    -Come to the Digital Press booth to sign up and donate $5.00. If you just show up at the front door of the After Party, the donation will be $15.00.

Thanks everyone!

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This sounds epic!!! I encourage everything you have mentioned. Plan on 5 to 7 hours of music. Thanks!

It being a hotel suite, and not a big room, there is no real point in lugging in a sound system (and besides, the hotel would probably balk at that anyway).

However, I'm assuming there's got to be an in-room stereo, right? iPod player, CD player, something like that right?

What I'm thinking is that I can program a custom "CGE After-Party" playlist that can run on auto-pilot on an iPod for ... um... how many hours?

Taking requests NOW!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Taking requests NOW!
    If you don't play something off of Pretty Eight Machine by Inverse Phase the party will be a lose...
    Check out www.videogameconsolelibrary.com for all of your console review needs!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I would favor party music, but not topical music. I don't think trying to pander to this crowd is necessary. If you often mix for regular parties, don't stray too far from what you know. That being said, you may want to mix it up, don't stick to one era or type of eccentric music. I wouldn't even favor video game or chiptune music extraordinarily, much as I like chiptune stuff. Although there are fans of that style at the show, most collectors and classic gamers don't have very unusual taste in music. If you have to lean any direction, I would lean 80s-early 90s.

If I'm over informing and you are like some superstar DJ/music guy who totally knows his shit, then beg my pardon

Taking requests NOW!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ianoid View Post
    If I'm over informing and you are like some superstar DJ/music guy who totally knows his shit, then beg my pardon
    I've been to clubs where he DJ'ed, and I can say, he's pretty good.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheShawn
    Please highlight what a douche I am.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    PSN
    buzz_retro64

So, what's the status on the booze? I read that a wet bar is at the suite, does that also mean booze will also be already in the room at a premium price, or ready for booze to be brought in? If there's a near by place within walking distance that sells cheap beer, I could possibly bring some. Just don't rely on me for the drinks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm a horrible beer and booze snob. If there aren't quality mixers and liquor (like not SUPER cheap stuff), I just won't drink. I'm happy to buy some, it's just hard to find a liquor store close enough to the plaza that isn't super sketchy. The neighborhood outside of Fremont St has been pretty nasty in the past, and that's considering I'm a jaded city dweller.

I would like to see water (quantity with cups ok, may be cheaper, less wasteful) and non-alcoholic drinks. And we need enough cooler space and ice to keep it cold. A suite probably will have limited fridge space.

I'll pitch in on beer as long as I can get 3 or 4 cold ones out of it.

Consider also not blowing the pizza budget outright. Could save some for pies later in the night (at 11 or 12).

Super excited for a curated music selection by an experienced DJ!

Pac-Man (Level 10) Blitzwing256's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    blitzwing256
    PSN
    blitzwing256

I'm a local and will definately be there for the party, I can bring chips and what not, i'm going to be at the show early, is there a place i can drop off any food supplies so i don't have to lug them around the actual show?