Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: Time to Start Planning The CGE2K12 DP After-Party

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Even though I'm bringing an iPod playlist to bump some after-party tunes, I agree that Rock Band is much better for this sort of party than whatever is going to be pumping out of a meager sound system.

So seriously, don't worry about "the DJ." Quite frankly, your DJ is also a singer in a band and would rather belt out some tunes on Rock Band. BRING IT! :-)

- A
    Love, Adrian

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 98PaceCar View Post
    If you don't play something off of Pretty Eight Machine by Inverse Phase the party will be a lose...
    A couple tracks are already in the playlist, in-between the Best of Bootie sections! http://bootiemashup.com/bestof for the curious
    Love, Adrian

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well cool breeze. I am sure there will be somebody there that will let me drop that stuff off in the suite before the auction since the auction is always an awesome time.

I will probably be rocking a really bright colored shirt (probably my Jet Set Radio shirt which is really bright yellow with massive red Japanese text on the front).

I am not exactly hard to miss. Just say something to me if you see me and we can run out to my car and grab the stuff during the show and drop it all off in the suite.

I forgot who said they had more mics, but it is a good call to bring those with you since I only have 1.

I figured, if it is cool with the people who got the suite, that since it is an after party and it could last all night, that I would just leave my shit in there until Sunday and pick it all up then (unless you need the suite cleared out by a certain time).

EDIT: I booked myself a room (that way if I end up getting a little fucked up during the day or after party, I do not have to drive all the way down to my place), so I am just going to put my stuff there and worry about grabbing it whenever

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sothy View Post
    I'll bring the crystal meth and a copy of checkered flag for jaguar.

Of course you will.

And in the spirit of DP name tags, are name tags being made for the show as has been done in the past? Kind of late, I know, but would be cool to have those for the party.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

SegaAges,

Totally man! Just hit me up at the show, I'll have the room key to the suite so I can let people up in advance to drop things off. Like you, I wont be hard to miss, just look for the guy in a white suite I'm also managing the Museum so pop in their as well if you can't find me elsewhere. We have the suite for a whole night, I believe the check out is Sunday by noon so please have whatever you need picked up before then and you are golden!

Also, the after party will officially start a half hour after the auction ends at 10:00pm. So it is crucial we have booze before 10:30pm. At or before 10:30pm we have to put the order in for Pizza. Also, sign up sheet and entry fee/donations will be collected at the Digital Press booth. Thanks everyone. We are going to get so wasted!
    I love ALL Video Games with all my heart and soul

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Last weekend I discovered the taste sensation that is cookie-dough flavored vodka.

I hope that the local liquor stores have some, because that's the only thing I hope to be drinking at the after party.

"And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Yo Joe! Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    ladyjaye75
    PSN
    ladyjaye75

Please please please make sure to NOT have that horrible vodka drink that was served at the 2005 CGE afterparty, that red and blue crap that tasted like cough syrup! :P

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Jaye View Post
    Please please please make sure to NOT have that horrible vodka drink that was served at the 2005 CGE afterparty, that red and blue crap that tasted like cough syrup! :P
    I know nothing of this red and blue beverage but if I can get my hands on the Cookie Vodka, I will share with all who wish to imbibe.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by digitpress Jim View Post
    SegaAges,

Totally man! Just hit me up at the show, I'll have the room key to the suite so I can let people up in advance to drop things off. Like you, I wont be hard to miss, just look for the guy in a white suite I'm also managing the Museum so pop in their as well if you can't find me elsewhere. We have the suite for a whole night, I believe the check out is Sunday by noon so please have whatever you need picked up before then and you are golden!

Also, the after party will officially start a half hour after the auction ends at 10:00pm. So it is crucial we have booze before 10:30pm. At or before 10:30pm we have to put the order in for Pizza. Also, sign up sheet and entry fee/donations will be collected at the Digital Press booth. Thanks everyone. We are going to get so wasted!
    Slightly off-topic. But I will be donating some note pads/pens from my work. Can meet up with you friday sometime? Can use them at the booth/after-party, whatever.
    Now it is the beginning of
    a fantastic story! Let us
    make a Journey to
    the cave of Monters!
    Good luck!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Sothy

Stu was possibly gonna have some name tags made but not 100% sure.

<@Carey85> I-75 is the second busiest freeway in the country behind I-95
    <@NE146> u r

Insert Coin (Level 0) yummysmokedham's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

More than happy to kick in some extra money for some booze. I am playing in a informal RBI Baseball tournament right after the auction but I doubt with my skills I will make it very long . Can I just drop some extra money off at the DP table Saturday?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yummysmokedham View Post
    More than happy to kick in some extra money for some booze. I am playing in a informal RBI Baseball tournament right after the auction but I doubt with my skills I will make it very long . Can I just drop some extra money off at the DP table Saturday?
    I picked up a handle of Jager, and if you are in to that kind of think you can kick some money my way. Cash preferred, but i do take CC @ 5% extra. (=
    Should have something else as well.
    Now it is the beginning of
    a fantastic story! Let us
    make a Journey to
    the cave of Monters!
    Good luck!

Insert Coin (Level 0) yummysmokedham's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MeTmKnice View Post
    Should have something else as well.
    hmmm interesting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Jim, getting it by noon on sunday should be no problem. i just figured that if the party is still rocking and i want to venture off and do something else, that for the night, i do not have to worry about taking all of that back to my hotel room if I decide to leave before it ends.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie_Says_Relax View Post
    Last weekend I discovered the taste sensation that is cookie-dough flavored vodka.

I hope that the local liquor stores have some, because that's the only thing I hope to be drinking at the after party.

Heh, I don't drink and I think I actually want to taste this... I might get a bottle just for that purpose (knowing the rest won't just go to waste... )

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hey dudes, if somebody wants to be a dove and pick up some AA batteries, that would be very awesome. I have rechargable batteries, but I only have 6 batteries, and that is the exact amount of batteries required for my 1 wireless guitar and my drums.

also, i am not going to bring the cymbal attachments because, well, I don't feel like it. Besides, I have used the cymbals a bunch, and 9 out of 10 times, nobody uses them except for me. using the cymbals is awesome, but for an after party, it is better to not bring them. i have already had 1 break on me (they do not break as easily as the band hero cymbals, but they are prone to break very easily). even still, the drums work like a dream (i lost the battery back, but that does not effect gameplay). Just a heads up that I am not bringing those because I just don't feel like it. It takes awhile to get used to using them, so unless somebody plans on staying sober and experimenting with the drums until they get used to what to hit on the screen when cymbal stuff happens, then it kinda sucks because then one person hogs the drums so that they can figure out pro mode. We have all played the game before, so we all know the game is crazy fun without the cymbals.

Also, batteries. Please, if somebody can get some batteries, that would be magical.

be ready to rock kids, because i have the setup taken apart and ready for travel.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SkaarDragoon

I'm in california right now, stopping over for a few days and rocking some awesome cheap booze. Thank god I don't live in the states, I'd die of alcohol poisoning.
    <Sothy> its the internet <Sothy> who cares

Quote Originally Posted by Daltone View Post
    This is a classic gaming site and the most active thread is a load of people wanking off to my little pony.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Eternal Tune
    PSN
    EternalTune

Cookie Dough Vodka is delicious btw. I had some a few weekends ago in Michigan. Oh nom nom nom. Even though cookie dough is one of my favorite things, I still prefer whipped cream vodka.
    RIP Kamino. 1984-2010. Yes, yes I do like nes...

<+skaar> Maybe you should ask yourself "What is it about me that makes men not want to let me penetrate them?"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SegaAges View Post
    hey dudes, if somebody wants to be a dove and pick up some AA batteries, that would be very awesome. I have rechargable batteries, but I only have 6 batteries, and that is the exact amount of batteries required for my 1 wireless guitar and my drums.
    Already have a sh*tload of batteries packed (AA and C), so you're covered... Just don't let me forget to bring them up to the party...

Rik

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SkaarDragoon

It's warm here.
    <Sothy> its the internet <Sothy> who cares

Quote Originally Posted by Daltone View Post
    This is a classic gaming site and the most active thread is a load of people wanking off to my little pony.