Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ultimate douche bag: eBay user 2386pete

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Ultimate douche bag: eBay user 2386pete

So I guess most people are used to dealing with a lot of dipshits if selling on eBay. It's just a fact of eBay life. But every once in a while someone comes along who is so idiotic it amazes you. Currently this person is eBay user 2386pete. Unfortunately this person seems to have come across my auctions from right here at DP. What started as a simple complaint turned into an annoying joke. So it begins...

I sold this person a Sega CD game recently. The case was in rough condition so I listed it as being "acceptable", eBay's lowest condition rating. So the person gets the game and then they message me saying the condition "acceptable" is confusing and not specific enough. Still being civil at this point, I get back to him saying "Acceptable is the lowest condition rating eBay provides. eBay's definition of acceptable says that the item has obvious and significant wear. Not only that, an actual picture of the game was provided at the bottom of the listing".

He gets back to me insisting that no actual picture was provided. Anyone who has seen my auctions for the last 6 years knows there is always an actual picture of every boxed and complete game I sell. Not only that, the DP thread advertising the auctions also has pictures of the actual items. But I was still trying to be nice and I guessed it was possible that someone could have somehow missed both sets of pictures. To make things even a bit more complicated, those pictures have been taken down and I have uploaded pictures of my current auctions to the server which I explained to him.

That's when he started to get nasty and sent me this message:

Dear secretsintherocks,

What is true is that you are a scammer. There was never an actual pic, and to say you took it down is the most stupid thing I have ever heard.
    The correct way to describe this game would have been:
    Rise of the Dragon for Sega CD. Game is as-is and untested. There is damage/chips to jewel case. With an actual pic, not the stock version you posted in the description.
    I thought I would give you a chance, but you are ethier a liar or have the mental capacity of a 5 year old. Maybe...Maybe if I was the only one who had complained I would question this. You have MANY complaints (my fault for not checking prior)similar to mine.
    FYI..Your retorts to the other complaints are childish and make no excuse for your actions.

- 2386pete

After seeing this message I realized the extent of this eBay user's madness. In his mind he can't even imagine that he made a mistake and somehow missed the large 800x600 pictures of the actual items. And he also can't imagine why someone would take old pictures down and put new ones in their place. Apparently it's the "most stupid thing he has ever heard". He also references the "many complaints" similar to his. Well he's right about that, there are a lot of dipshits out there and when you sell thousands upon thousands of games a year you will come in contact with them. People like 2386pete really need to OPEN their EYES. I can see how someone could contend that eBay's newish rating system could be more accurate. But to assert that I don't put pictures of the actual items in my auctions is ludicrous. That's why 2386pete is "The Ultimate Douche Bag". I have banned him from all current and future auctions, I suggest anyone who wants to avoid such a sociopath does the same.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Who's childish now?
    1. You can say you did something all day long, doesn't make it true. Your ebay feedback backs me up more than it helps you. You had 2 more nicks this week alone.
    2. My main complaint (and this is true for any ebay seller) is when you post a stock photo of a game and not the actual copy. The only thing in your listing I was expecting was to not have the insert (that you mentioned).
    3. Your description was way off. As I already stated to you; why not just say the game case is cracked and flawed, instead you say the game is acceptable. Not good enough for me, and not good enough to satisfy others apparently.

You would be better served by increasing your customer service abilities and not being so rude to sellers. You need to better describe your auctions so I or any of the many others can just not bid on crap.

I stand by my comments.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Petey View Post
    Who's childish now?
    You are, "Petey".

1. You can say you did something all day long, doesn't make it true. Your ebay feedback backs me up more than it helps you. You had 2 more nicks this week alone.
    Yes but the fact that I did actually do what I said and that I have been doing the same thing for the past 6 years does make it true.

2. My main complaint (and this is true for any ebay seller) is when you post a stock photo of a game and not the actual copy. The only thing in your listing I was expecting was to not have the insert (that you mentioned).
    Well this is the main reason I think you're a douche. How could you have missed not only the pictures in the DP thread advertising the auctions but the ones in the listing description itself? And to keep asserting that they weren't there when they obviously were makes you look really, really weak.

3. Your description was way off. As I already stated to you; why not just say the game case is cracked and flawed, instead you say the game is acceptable. Not good enough for me, and not good enough to satisfy others apparently.
    Considering that eBay's "good" condition rating allows for cracked cases, what do you expect when you buy a game that has an even lower condition rating? You are just a run of the mill dipshit.

You would be better served by increasing your customer service abilities and not being so rude to sellers. You need to better describe your auctions so I or any of the many others can just not bid on crap.

I stand by my comments.
    Nice Freudian slip, you're right, you really should stop being so rude to sellers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

Is it possible to ignore item condition?

For instance, I see some sellers who put "----" as the item condition.

Is it possible to do this and avoid the "acceptable" condition?
    Proud owner of a Neo 25 Neo Geo Candy Cab!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just looked at your DP post of the games you recently listed on Ebay. Can you show me where your pics are of the game on DP?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by megasdkirby View Post

Is it possible to do this and avoid the "acceptable" condition?
    That's only for the "vintage games" and other similar categories. If you're just listing under games you must select a condition. And if you don't it will default to acceptable.

I just looked at your DP post of the games you recently listed on Ebay. Can you show me where your pics are of the game on DP?
    If you're talking about the game I sold you, those pictures have been taken down, like I said before. Now there are pictures of the games I am selling right now. If you look at that thread you absolutely can't miss them (or so I would have thought).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    ziggy3008

any reason this can't be taken to pm's???

Not that I am complaining.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nebrazca, I checked a bunch of your auctions and I didn't see any individual photos for a lot of your Sega games, complete or not. I also noticed a ton of broken images in the "other items for sale" section. Are you having problems with your photo hosting or something?

Quote Originally Posted by megasdkirby View Post

This is what I do for used items. I want people to read the item description for exact working and look at the photos I upload. I get what ebay's trying to do with conditions, but enough people complain where I don't want to deal with an idiot who disagrees with my and ebay's definition of "very good."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

Quote Originally Posted by nebrazca78 View Post
    That's only for the "vintage games" and other similar categories. If you're just listing under games you must select a condition. And if you don't it will default to acceptable.
    Oh, that's not good. Thanks for the tip, as I plan on putting some listings soon for the first time.

If this is the case, a seller is not really at fault here. A game can be beat up as all hell, and since Ebay only let's you choose "acceptable", it's an oxymoron at best. Ebay should really fix this, as shit like this causes problems that could be easily avoided. Like Ebay/Paypal cutting out part of the address because they try to use the USPS system: no matter how many times I've told them that part of my address gets omitted, they don't seem to care. They know of the problem, but do nothing to solve it.

Quote Originally Posted by ryborg View Post
    This is what I do for used items. I want people to read the item description for exact working and look at the photos I upload. I get what ebay's trying to do with conditions, but enough people complain where I don't want to deal with an idiot who disagrees with my and ebay's definition of "very good."
    Definitely. I will be very cautious when it's my turn (if everything goes well, by the beginning of next week!)

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just defending myself here. I will not sit and let some internet scammer flame me. I have not had an issue with anyone here until now. This seller uses 2 ebay accounts and 1 account has all the bad feedback on it and 1 is clean.

I still cannot find his pics of the sega cd game on the DP thread and he never posted a pic of the actual game on ebay, just the stock photo...which is still up on the lisiting. He never posted the actual condition of the game, just that it was acceptable. That is not enough info for me or anyone. If it comes down to him being to lazy to post the needed info, then that is not okay ethier.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Anyone who has seen my auctions for the last 6 years knows there is always an actual picture of every boxed and complete game I sell.
    Here is a boxed and complete game you are selling currently. No photo, unless you are counting the 1.5" photo in the "other items I'm selling" part at the end of your item description.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Shanghai-Sega-Ma...eo_Games_Games

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

This is fucking great. I love it.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

If you're talking about the game I sold you, those pictures have been taken down, like I said before. Now there are pictures of the games I am selling right now. If you look at that thread you absolutely can't miss them (or so I would have thought).
    Okay.

Why are you deleting the pictures you use in your auctions or sale threads after they've been sold?

ETA: Oh wait. NOW I remember you. You don't list pictures of the item alone, you post everything bundled up like that. I remember avoiding your auctions because of that. I try to not bid on stuff that doesn't have a clear picture attached to it... and this thread is the reason why.
    Last edited by Kitsune Sniper; 08-09-2010 at 07:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

I still cannot find his pics of the sega cd game on the DP thread and he never posted a pic of the actual game on ebay, just the stock photo...which is still up on the lisiting. He never posted the actual condition of the game, just that it was acceptable. That is not enough info for me or anyone. If it comes down to him being to lazy to post the needed info, then that is not okay ethier.
    When I see a game I like for sale, but it has a stock photo, I contact the seller for a picture. Most of the times, the seller sends them to me via email. There are times in which the seller states that they are too busy for a real picture, and I take this as avoiding purchasing the item.

I too agree that a picture on the listing would be excellent, but even if a seller uses a stock picture, I usually inquire for a picture before submitting a bid. Happened recently with Towers II on the Jaguar (well, a few months ago): two listings had stock photos and I asked both for pics. One seller sent me a few pictures of the game and I ended up purchasing it from him. The other gave me an excuse about not being able to, so I simply decided not to get the game from him.

Also, not to take a stance on who is right or wrong, but I do see many sellers host pictures of the game and then take out the pictures (when item ends) to make room for new pictures. This is nothing new to me as I frequently see this. No need to keep old pictures from past listings, specially if space is limited or the seller is charged for traffic. I usually take a screenshot or save the web page before this happens, though.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Plus many of his other items for sale don't open, just that little red X. Was I suppose to look there? Look in the other items for sale for my itme I'm bidding on? Crazy, that is new to me. Plus the game I bought was not, and is not in that list or in the DP forums.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    Okay.

Why are you deleting the pictures you use in your auctions or sale threads after they've been sold?

ETA: Oh wait. NOW I remember you. You don't list pictures of the item alone, you post everything bundled up like that. I remember avoiding your auctions because of that. I try to not bid on stuff that doesn't have a clear picture attached to it... and this thread is the reason why.
    That makes me feel better, thanks!

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Anyone who has seen my auctions for the last 6 years knows there is always an actual picture of every boxed and complete game I sell.
    I don't think you are a scammer. But, I checked your some of your auctions, and they do have stock photos at the top. I usually don't check much further down, unless I'm really interested in. You do have a TON of other groups of pictures below, but geez. Are buyers supposed to look through each of those to find the item they are interested in? I don't think you can tell anything about condition from those pics.

On the other hand, if a game is listed as missing its insert, and it is listed as acceptable, I don't think I'd be suprised if the jewel case was less than pristine. As a seller, I guess I expect buyers to read my descriptions (yeah, I know, laughable, right?)

Seller needs better pictures. Buyer was probably expecting too much.

If it was me, I'd probably just refund the buyers money.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    DT Maniac

I have purchased genesis games from secretsintherocks twice and have not had a problem and will most likely for a third time. I always just scroll down and find the game I want. I also understand it would be incredibly time consuming to take individual pictures of the games when selling in large lots. However that being said, I notice that after the first 15 pics or so they all become red X's and no pics.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Plus many of his other items for sale don't open, just that little red X. Was I suppose to look there? Look in the other items for sale for my itme I'm bidding on? Crazy, that is new to me. Plus the game I bought was not, and is not in that list or in the DP forums.
    I'm sorry, but why would you ever bid on anything if you didn't see a real picture of it or at least ask the seller for more information about condition? I'm not really sure who is at fault here and frankly I could care less, but if you're bidding on stuff without asking questions and just accepting Ebay generic quality ratings, you're gonna be disappointed every single time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Oh man, this is pretty entertaining.

I will say a couple things though:
    If you are that concerned about the quality of the product you are purchasing to the point where you will send messages to the seller like he posted above, than you should have asked for better pictures or some pictures.

Did you ever send the seller a message before bidding, or did you just assume that if you bid on this, even with the lowest possible condition set, that all would be well?

If you want a better resolution, be prepared to send him the game back so that you can get a refund. If you are planning on getting a refund and keeping the game, that is silly.

The only time I have ever done that was when I bought some games for N-Gage that turned out that the only legit thing about them was the cases they were in, so I got a partial refund of half of it and kept the rest. This does not sound like a situation like that.

Send him the game back, file a dispute with eBay, and get a refund when he gets his game back.