Thread: So What G4 Shows are You Watching Now?

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Rogmeister's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default So What G4 Shows are You Watching Now?

Since G4 has been on for awhile and those of us who get it have had plenty of time to decide which shows we like, what shows are part of your regular viewing schedule? Hard as it is to believe, I don't have it on 24/7. The shows I do try to watch these days...

Judgment Day--This is the show where Victor Lucas and Tommy Tallarico review games. I don't always agree with them, of course, but I find they are usually pretty entertaining. They also host another show, The Electric Playground, which I haven't seen much...but I may try to catch it more.

G4tv.com--This is the show with 3 hosts where they preview games, invite developers in to chat about their upcoming games, have people call-in and also discuss what people are saying in the chatrooms at G4. They also have some host challenges where 2 of the 3 (sometimes all 3) will battle each other in a game and the loser has to suffer some consequence (kiss a raw fish, eat a hot dog with all kinds of disgusting condiments, get pies in the face, etc.)

Starcade--I hadn't seen it for awhile but lately I see they're showing some episodes I haven't seen so I'm starting to watch it again. There's another game-based game show from Britain they show that I enjoy but I don't recall the name of that one.

Filter--I don't see every episode but it's fun when I do. I noticed a few weeks ago that host Diane Mezota is also now doing a teen version of Trading Places that NBC airs on Saturday mornings.

Pulse--Their news show. It needs to be on more often (like all their shows, it has one new episode a week) but I find it interesting.

Shows I've never really gotten into are Sweat, Blister, Portal and most of the British imports. The others I may try to watch once in awhile.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Re: So What G4 Shows are You Watching Now?

None of them, myself.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

They were showing a sneak preview of G4 on Comcast to entice you to subscribe to digital cable. They kept showing some roundtable discussion show with 4 nerdy guys argueing about the pros and cons of different RPG games or some PC game or something. It was all talk about a bunch of games I don't own and would never want to play and who gives a shit about their opinions. It made for horrible TV, just awful. Then they were showing a show called 'Cheaters' where they gave long, in-depth explanations of how to cheat on some Xbox football game. As if you could remember any of this without taping it. Another terrible show. If you didn't own any of the few games profiled, why would you watch it? That network is run by idiots. I thought I wanted to subscribe to get it but after watching it I don't want it anymore.

Great Puma (Level 12) Sylentwulf's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I like Judgment day, have it set on TIVO to always keep a couple episodes around. I like filter, and I really like Cinematech.
    Rend, slaughter, devour your enemies. There is no other way to survive. You cannot escape your hunger, Warriors of Purgatory

DP Users get 8% off at www.ElectricQuarter.com using coupon code Digipress5

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I like the Icons show, but there aren't enough different episodes of it. I think I've seen them all. Judgement Day is another good show, but it seems like everytime I watch it, it's a re-run.

Cheat needs to go, and it needs to go now. The host is so irritating it makes me want to scream. Not only that, but the entire content of the show is useless. Everybody gets their codes out of magazines or online, nobody wants to sit and record a show just to get stuff available much easier elsewhere.

Portal is confusing. I don't know what the hell is going on. It seems like a show for Everquest addicts, but what they don't realize is that Everquest addicts are playing the game, not watching a stupid show on tv. Arena is another show thats just terrible. One of the hosts pisses me off, and I seriously don't get anything out of watching a bunch of random playing games in some meaningless competition.

G4 needs Video Power, or I think thats what it was called. I'm sure somebody on here remembers that show. They should also try and get the old Super Mario Brothers cartoon. Granted it wasn't the best show ever, but it's beats the hell out of half the stuff they're showing.

-Hitman-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have crappy cable in my town.. they don't even have Comedy Central or FX.
    Fear your thoughts because they become your words
    Fear your words because they become your actions
    Fear your actions because they become your habits
    Fear your habits because they become your character
    Fear your character because it becomes your destiny

Therefore: Thinking and nurturing positive thoughts, at any point in your life, can change your destiny.

Great Puma (Level 12) Sylentwulf's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Portal is just STUPID. In the VERY VERY STRONGEST sense of the word. Stupid.

I played a ton of MMORPGS and I guarantee you, noone on the planet could possibly think that show is ANYTHING but stupid.
    Rend, slaughter, devour your enemies. There is no other way to survive. You cannot escape your hunger, Warriors of Purgatory

DP Users get 8% off at www.ElectricQuarter.com using coupon code Digipress5

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

See name, and also I like Portal, yes it is stupid, but I just like it to get a look at all the different MMORPGs.
    Looking to sell a videogame magazine collection of 200(+) magazines, 60 cents each, send me a PM if you're interested!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I like Icons especially the retro episodes where they profile Activision, Atari, Classic Arcades, Pacman, Shigero Miyamoto, etc.

Startin' From Scratch Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I love Icons, and I actually enjoy Arena as well. Hell, even my fiancee watches that one, but more because the writer/producer/director/co-host is Will "Wesley Crusher" Wheaton. I did a double take the first time I saw that show. I should re-hook up my cable box so I can watch G4 again. It's been a while.

-AG

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Rogmeister's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It obviously has been awhile since you've seen it because Wil Weaton is no longer on Arena. Both hosts have been replaced and I understand the current two may soon be replaced as well.

I agree that some of the shows aren't exactly must-see television but there are still a few I enjoy very much. Hopefully, they'll eventually weed out the lesser shows and give us some worthy replacements.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I watch: Judgement Day
    Pulse
    Cheat
    Starcade
    Icons

Take some advise from someone who has been watching G4 for about
    a year now, ever since my cable company Comcast added it to the digital
    line up. Go to www.g4tv.com and check out there schedule for the shows
    you like this way you can see what you want and skip the rest.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zaxxon
    Then they were showing a show called 'Cheaters' where they gave long, in-depth explanations of how to cheat on some Xbox football game. As if you could remember any of this without taping it. Another terrible show. If you didn't own any of the few games profiled, why would you watch it?
    I don't know why a lot of you are hating on the "Cheat" show.. that's one of the better shows in there! You may have seen that crappy football episode, but what about the episode where they profiled 2600 Adventure! I think that was and is the ONLY time Adventure has appeared on tv and with in-depth coverage at that And don't forget.. it did the same thing to 2600 "Haunted House". Where else are you going to find that?

Also, the show's not only about "cheats".. think of it as the video version of Tips and Tricks magazine, it tells general strategies and gives you an overall view of a videogame, then it tells you the things you can unlock/cheat. I think it's great. It gave me a great look at War of the Monsters.. now I want it Out of a lot of the shows on G4, Cheat is one that's pure gaming as in it tells you about the gameplay of a game and what to do. I think it's one of the better shows around

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I only watch Icons and Starcade. I mostly get these from usenet because I'm not around when they're showing

I can't stand G4tv.com. I think their hosts are the most annoying bunch I've ever seen. I think they're too load and goofy.
    Take care,
    Dennis