Has anybody had an issue like this with official Sony Dual Shock 2 controllers? I have two controllers, both acquired new with their systems, and after a year or so of owning the first, some oily residue would come out of the base of the right analog stick when played, and it continued to do that for a very long time (it might still do it for all I know, but we rarely use that one now). I have another that I got with my slim silver PS2, which I opened up a month or so ago to clean. It appeared fine then, but now it's producing a slight bit of the "oil" from its right stick as well (it wiped away as black, but that could be the plastic of the stick wearing down and mixing with it for all I know). I don't believe it's related to the cleaning since everything went well with that and I never even opened my first controller. It doesn't seem to affect functionality, but it is strange and annoying. Is this some kind of lubrication breaking down or what? Mainly I'm just curious if anyone else has encountered this.

On a semi-related note, I found a lot of small black hairs inside the silver controller when I opened it, I assume from the guy that assembled it in China. I thought the original PlayStation's Dual Shock was pretty shoddy, but these are even worse.