Thread: Help looking for title of game - nintendo

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Exclamation Help looking for title of game - nintendo

Hi, wondering if there are any people who know alot of n64 games (I so hope it's nintendo I have totally forgotten)

I played this game many years ago, at least 8 years ago, it wasn't actually that good, I got tired of it fast I remember but I can't get it out of my head.
    Ok I have only vague images in my head from it and not sure if I mix any details from other games in it but I am going to try to describe it.

You are third person main character, some kingdom or alike and everything is changed (don't remember how) think it is some kind of curse. You have some weird little scepter like item in your hand and I think you can upgrade it. The game itself has something to do with time....
    If I remember correctly when you hit something there was a time delay and I think you were supposed to collect things and then get more things to be able to go (back?) in time to prevent from your kingdom/village/place whatever to change to the state it is now. (ok sounds like PS shadow of memories but its not)
    I think there was some evil ruler/king or something which was the ultimate boss.
    The game itself was a kind of adventure, very japanese/anime like. Character a bit like Final fantasy character in FF9.

If I remember more things I will post it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon? Not sure though, I haven't played that game in a really long time.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Zora Mystery's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    NES pwns the current gen.
    Come see my NES collection

Bell (Level 8) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cusquena View Post
    You are third person main character, some kingdom or alike and everything is changed (don't remember how) think it is some kind of curse. You have some weird little scepter like item in your hand and I think you can upgrade it. The game itself has something to do with time....
    If I remember correctly when you hit something there was a time delay and I think you were supposed to collect things and then get more things to be able to go (back?) in time to prevent from your kingdom/village/place whatever to change to the state it is now. (ok sounds like PS shadow of memories but its not)
    I think there was some evil ruler/king or something which was the ultimate boss.
    The game itself was a kind of adventure, very japanese/anime like. Character a bit like Final fantasy character in FF9.
    Hrm, are you talking about Quest 64?

I never really played too far into the game to get a good idea of the plot, but it does have a main character walking around with a staff/scepter, it's on the N64, and the characters have a vague anime style.
    Check my auctions here! I am in the business of finding off-beat things, including video game stuff!

View my collection!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ryaan1234 View Post
    I never really played too far into the game to get a good idea of the plot, but it does have a main character walking around with a staff/scepter, it's on the N64, and the characters have a vague anime style.
    And Quest 64 is really bad, and would explain why he stopped playing it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Ryaan1234 View Post
    Hrm, are you talking about Quest 64?

That's what I was thinking. Mystical Ninja is a better game though.

Bell (Level 8) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Malon_Forever View Post
    And Quest 64 is really bad, and would explain why he stopped playing it.
    That's why I never got too far into the game .
    Check my auctions here! I am in the business of finding off-beat things, including video game stuff!

View my collection!

Insert Coin (Level 0) Red Baron's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I assume it's Quest 64, but just to strike out on a long shot, it sounds vaguely like you could also be mis-remembering Epheremel Fantasia for the PS2, which was an early and brightly-colored PS2 game so in my fuzzy memory I almost mistook it for a 64 game.

Has a huge focus on time travel in a Majora's Mask sort of way where you repeat the same three days to stop the kingdom from going to crap because of the villain. You played a bard thief dude who had a sword hidden inside his funny-looking sentient lute. Said lute being responsible for one of the more amusing RPG lines that sticks in my memory. (Keeping in mind that nobody knows the lute can talk so people think the protagonist is saying things..)

...I should hunt this one down sometime and finally finish it.