Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ys 7

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Ys 7

Just beat the Fire Temple and dam, this game is great.

Though the 3-player MMO-stint kinda gave me a bit of a sour taste. Like an exploding nuclear warhead, all my doubt atomized and plumed up into a cloud of nostalgic awesomeness via the end of boss fight 1. It felt like (braces yourself) a REAL boss fight.

Not one of those hack-hack-hack kinda of deals where you hack-hack-hack and hack-hack-hack, then hack-hack-hack to an easy win. Nope, not Ys 7, it's hack-hack-hack == boss whooping ur lazy ass! It's like Punch-out 'cept with 60-foot tall monsters spewing lava, swords for gloves, and still a helluva lot of fun.

Has anyone else picked this up?
    Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    You're just a hypocrite. I'm bashing Nintendo because I'm anti Nintendo, but my reasoning behind bashing them is always accurate. You should learn to do some research.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    I personally think it's greed to expect that you can pay for a game once and then do whatever you want with it.
    Check my video reviews on YouTube:http://www.youtube.com/user/optitube
    My Pixel Paradise Blog: http://blockmangamer.blogspot.com/

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I purchased the limited edition. I'll probably wait until a price drop and pick up the regular version before I play it though.

What firmware does it require? Prometheus is a PSP plugin that allows firmware higher than the current to be played on the PSP but I'm curious. I've heard of one 6.20 game that doesn't work.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Pretzel (Level 4) LiquidPolicenaut's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    LiquidSnake2047

I also bought and i had it preordered on Amazon but, for some reason, it didnt ship till Thursday! Grrr....Anyway, I played a bit of the import and liked it so I know I'll like it in English. I will also wind up buying Oath in Felghana and I & II Chronicles when they come here but those i can wait for since I have both on the PC and they already rock
    Mika: Where are you taking me, Gillian?
    Gillian: To look at videos on YouTube...
    Mika: *sigh* No more videos of a drunk Harry dancing with a dead Snatcher...
    Giliian: Nope, it's better...Its LiquidPolicenauts YouTube Videos!
    Gillian: And after that, you should also visit
    The Policenauts Paradise and Snatcher Shrine

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Fuyukaze008

Still waiting for it to arive. It shipped sometime around monday last week with my DQ9 strat guide. Sad part is I'm almost done with DQ9 and I didnt start playing that till I ordered the guide.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow, I am so glad I looked at this thread! Why doesn't this get any press? Geeze, Thanks guy for letting me know its out! I love my psp even more now!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Played an hour or so and so far LOVING it. Just reached the first "boss" and it (they) is HARD.
    Sony, we will NEVER forget nor forgive. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0G0LlXv-nyI

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    walrusmonger
    PSN
    walrusmonger

Love the Ys series and this game is a great addition, WELL worth the $$$. Buy it and beat it now before VC2 comes out

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

Had this preordered for quite some time and managed to pick it up a few days after release.

Got the limited edition version and only been able to play a bit due to issues here at home.

So far it's good, though I need to give it time.
    Proud owner of a Neo 25 Neo Geo Candy Cab!

Great Puma (Level 12) Chainsaw_Charlie's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ordered it but it's going to the backlog
    My rotating want list http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=101550

Your television doesn't care how angry you are with it. Turn it off and find something better to do with your time.-Beserker

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've only played it for a few hours and while it did start out a little slow, I'm starting to get into it. I don't think the story is quite as charming as Ys 6 was, but it's too early to judge.

The boss fights are the highlight. This is definitely a well balanced action/RPG (at least so far).

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

How well is this one selling? I definitely want to pick up the limited edition, but I have too much on my backlog right now. Think I'll still be able to pick up the LE for a decent price a year from now?

Pretzel (Level 4) LiquidPolicenaut's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    LiquidSnake2047

FINALLY got my LE copy from Amazon and....damn!...that is one fat box especially for a PSP game! It's just as fun in English as it is in Japanese and Xseed did a fine job on it.
    Mika: Where are you taking me, Gillian?
    Gillian: To look at videos on YouTube...
    Mika: *sigh* No more videos of a drunk Harry dancing with a dead Snatcher...
    Giliian: Nope, it's better...Its LiquidPolicenauts YouTube Videos!
    Gillian: And after that, you should also visit
    The Policenauts Paradise and Snatcher Shrine

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NayusDante View Post
    How well is this one selling? I definitely want to pick up the limited edition, but I have too much on my backlog right now. Think I'll still be able to pick up the LE for a decent price a year from now?
    The numbers for the first week should be coming soon and probably at least one LE per Gamestop but a year isn't enough for a price drop. Look Lunar Silver Star Harmony. Came out in January, still at $40. Amazon selling for $35. Maybe wait two years or buy it from a fellow gamer in the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by LiquidPolicenaut View Post
    FINALLY got my LE copy from Amazon and....damn!...that is one fat box especially for a PSP game! It's just as fun in English as it is in Japanese and Xseed did a fine job on it.
    Yeah, really caught off guard how much they packed into it. The cloth map is SO nice! Almost Working Design worthy. I'm shocked Atlus didn't as far for Ys DS.

Last edited by Press_Start; 08-24-2010 at 03:37 PM.
    You're just a hypocrite. I'm bashing Nintendo because I'm anti Nintendo, but my reasoning behind bashing them is always accurate. You should learn to do some research.
    I personally think it's greed to expect that you can pay for a game once and then do whatever you want with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

What I noticed is that the "limited edition" where it states everywhere that's selling it is actually premium edition on the box. I hope this time around the premium edition actually has limited quantities and they didn't print as many as they did of Lunar. It gives an incentive to buy the game as soon as it has come out

Anyways. For those interested in the premium edition if you are going to wait. Keep checking Amazon. I wasn't interested in Lunar until I saw the premium edition as Amazon's video game deal of the day and picked it up for $20.
    Last edited by kupomogli; 08-24-2010 at 04:25 PM.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well finished the game last night.....and Falcom hits out of the park!

The story was good. The music was grand.

And the bosses were.....EPIC! Well....more old-school goodness, like how in Popful Mail (another great Falcom title) you get trounced by the bad guys if you didn't watch their attack pattern or carefully planned ur timing right. It feels like I'm playing a SNES RPG.

Though Ys I&II is still king in my book but now I'm psyched for Oath in Felghana and I&II Chronices.....in a few months. Ah....but I want right now! /Homer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Press Start. Are you going to do a Ys7 review now?

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Press Start. Are you going to do a Ys7 review now?
    Most likely do another retrospective after Oath in Felghana and I&II come out. Right now my plate is somewhat full with current projects.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Is this a good place to start with Ys? I've never played anything in the series. I'd prefer to start off with Ys 1&2, but I'm tempted to pick up the LE bundle.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by erehwon View Post
    Is this a good place to start with Ys? I've never played anything in the series. I'd prefer to start off with Ys 1&2, but I'm tempted to pick up the LE bundle.
    Seven's is the oddball of the bunch. Well, 2nd most after III. The biggest difference is there are 3-player teams like in Secret of Mana as opposed to Adol fighting alone. Synthesizing is a new thing. Harvesting material from outside, building weapons/armor. Also, you can learn new moves from the weapons themselves. But the boss battles are still awesome.

Still I&II (for the Turbografx imo) is the best entry in the series by far.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Press_Start View Post
    Seven's is the oddball of the bunch. Well, 2nd most after III. The biggest difference is there are 3-player teams like in Secret of Mana as opposed to Adol fighting alone. Synthesizing is a new thing. Harvesting material from outside, building weapons/armor. Also, you can learn new moves from the weapons themselves. But the boss battles are still awesome.

Still I&II (for the Turbografx imo) is the best entry in the series by far.
    Yea, I'd like to find it for the Turbografx, along with a system, but that is an expensive option. The only chance of me being able to afford that is to trade my laseractive for the system or find it at a garage sale.