Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The 3rd Birthday (Parasite Eve sequelish)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    DoggWhiskey

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    After watching some gameplay videos and hearing that the storyline was pretty garbage I decided I didn't want to get it. If I want a garbage storyline and gameplay that looks like Mindjack, then I'd get Mindjack. I was hoping they'd have went back and made either another Resident Evil combat style game or, even though PE predates it, Vagrant Story style combat game.

You should still get a PSP though because it's the best system this gen.
    Wait a second. How is the PSP possibly better than the 360 or the PS3? This I do not believe at all.
    Life is like a hurricane...

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Oobgarm
    PSN
    Oobgarm
    Steam
    Oobgarm

Quote Originally Posted by DuckTalesNES View Post
    Wait a second. How is the PSP possibly better than the 360 or the PS3? This I do not believe at all.
    He's talking about handhelds.
    RIP bargora, you will be greatly missed.That is how we do things on Giedion Prime.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DuckTalesNES View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Oobgarm View Post
    He's talking about handhelds.
    I'm talking about all systems. The DS is better than the PS3, 360, and Wii also. Graphically they don't stand a chance, but the software for the two portable systems far exceed the software for the console systems.

I know it's off topic, but really. I'm sure everyone has lost interest in the Third Birthday anyways, so yeah.

With the handhelds, there is a much bigger variety of games that are actually good. With the PS3 and 360, it's mostly shooters that are good. Almost half the games I own that I think are atleast fairly good are mainly shooters. I added Red Dead Redemption in this list but not GTA4 because it's not prominent in GTA4 while in Red Dead it is. RPGs across the two systems combined mostly suck, although there are a very few good ones. Lack of good platformers. Overall you have your various games that are good on the system, but like I said, shooters are the most prominent on these two systems and they're the most repetitive genre aside from shmups.

With the PSP, while almost a third of its good games are probably a port or a remake. A good port is a good port. It's still part of the systems library. Does Breath of Fire 3 suck because it's on another system? Tales of Eternia? GTA Chinatown Wars? Alongside that it has a lot of titles that are extremely good games. It's the system to own if you're interested in RPGs for this gen, but not only that. No other system this gen can touch it when it comes to the amount of good platformers. The DS comes the closest. So there's a lack of shooters on the PSP and DS. I can live with that seeing as there's a lack of everything but shooters on the PS3 and 360 and then with the Wii there's just a lack of everything.
    Last edited by kupomogli; 04-05-2011 at 08:48 AM.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Little Big Planet, Prinny, and Hammerin' Hero. Those are the only platformers I remember the PSP has. What other ones are you talking about kupo?

But I agree, the handhelds, including DS, are clearly the RPG kings this gen. A towering combined total of 200 titles is a hard climb to conquer especially a growing one at that.
    Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    You're just a hypocrite. I'm bashing Nintendo because I'm anti Nintendo, but my reasoning behind bashing them is always accurate. You should learn to do some research.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    I personally think it's greed to expect that you can pay for a game once and then do whatever you want with it.
    Check my video reviews on YouTube:http://www.youtube.com/user/optitube
    My Pixel Paradise Blog: http://blockmangamer.blogspot.com/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    DoggWhiskey

I can definitely agree that RPG gaming is best done on the handhelds. But good non-fps certainly exist for the 360/PS3/Wii. Also a tiny little screen is never as good as what I can play on a 47" TV w/ surround sound.

Off the top of my head,
    Mass Effect 1, Mass Effect 2, GTA 4, Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2, New Super Mario Bros., Demon's Souls, God of War III, Infamous, Uncharted 1 & 2, and I happen to like the Guitar Hero games :-)

Also...Metal Gear Solid 4, RE5, Alan Wake, Fallout 3 (do you call these shooters? because they're not quite)

And then there's also a ton of good shooter games, which I have no idea why we'd completely throw out an awesome genre of games. I'll agree that there's not enough good plat formers coming out, but there are smaller ones (Enslaved comes to mind) that are pretty good and not *huge* releases.
    Life is like a hurricane...

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Press_Start View Post
    Little Big Planet, Prinny, and Hammerin' Hero. Those are the only platformers I remember the PSP has. What other ones are you talking about kupo?

But I agree, the handhelds, including DS, are clearly the RPG kings this gen. A towering combined total of 200 titles is a hard climb to conquer especially a growing one at that.
    Prinny 2, Mega Man Powered Up, Mega Man Maverick Hunter X, Dracula X Chronicles, Ultimate Ghosts n Goblins, Metal Slug Anthology, Metal Slug XX, and Taito Legends Powered Up(includes Rastan, one of my favorite arcade games.) Yes, most of them are remakes or ports, but they're still official releases.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.