Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cornelius View Post
    What makes it "clean"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryaan1234 View Post
    The previous one had blocks of cocaine in the back

Errr... Actually I dunno either... why is this one the "clean" version?
    Naa, a couple months ago I guess they released a DeLorean that looked like it was coated in ice, like when Doc Brown sends his dog Einstein one minute in the future near the beginning of the first movie. The Marty figure included with that one was him in his radiation suit from after that scene.

Also the John DeLorean cocaine jokes were never funny, he was acquitted on all charges you know, let the man rest in peace with his dream killed by the big three auto manufacturers and the US government.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Jaruff

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Crimson View Post

Frost - East Side Rendezvous 12"
    The Notorious B.I.G. - Born Again (Clean Version, Promo Only) 12"
    Sunset Park: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack
    You should mail that Biggie vinyl to me. You know you want to.

Insert Coin (Level 0) philinchio's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yesterday I got a CIB ex-rental copy of Super Star Wars for $5 from a local pawn. The box is a bit haggard and there's no dust cover, but the cartridge is pristine.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I decided to check out a couple game stores on the other side of Dallas, and hit a bunch of thrifts and Movie Trading Company locations while I was at it. First I went to a place called Game Master in Rowlett, I bought Captain Quazar for the 3DO in not-particularly-good shape for $5.99. A new location of FX Game Exchange has opened up in Plano, and I bought PaTaank and Star Control II for the 3DO (it looks like I'm on a 3DO kick today) with no instructions, for $6.95 each. I also wanted to pick up Tempo for the 32X, but he couldn't find the game, so instead of their Labor Day sale of "buy 2 get 1 free", he let me have a buy one get one free deal instead. Nice guy, and nice new store.

At the Entertainmart store off 75 in Plano I bought Chaos Field ($9.99) and Phantasy Star Online Episode III CARD Revolution ($14.99) for the GameCube. And later at a Movie Trading Company I picked up an Atari 7800 power supply (these stores seem to have these a lot lately, even though they never have the consoles) for $7.99 and a weird joystick for the NES that they mislabeled as being an Atari 2600 joystick. I wish I had a working camera so I could take a picture, I'd love to get more info on it. It was $6.99.

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Nothing today but two 16mm films, one a WWII propaganda film and the other an educational one.

Banana (Level 7) SamuraiSmurfette's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Mario Lunchbox $17 shipped from a fellow forum user
    Art of Halo: Free prize from a MS contest
    SMS with games: $25 off Kijiji (and he delivered it!)
    Needed 7 of the games...all commons, but I'm rebuilding the collection.
    My ex took all the SMS domestic games in the split.

Thrift store finds:
    Zelda Guide $0.35
    Rage of Mages $1.50
    NWN Platinum $5
    Hackers Soundtracks $3 each (had these fresh on my mind from Kitsune's earlier post)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Checked out a Goodwill yesterday and left the store with a Game Boy Color cart:

Duke Nukem - $1.99

Kind of funny that I found a Duke Nukem game a day after the announcement of an actual release for Duke Nukem Forever.

I also spotted a beat-up River Raid cart (the 2600 version, of course) at this Goodwill - that was marked at $9.99. WTF? And speaking of stupid pricing, the Value Village down the street had a few N64 sports games marked at $6.99 each.
    Last edited by DigitalSpace; 09-06-2010 at 04:15 AM.

Collection List | Twitter
    Check out the new N64 Rumble Pak. See how it feels to feel what you see.

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Thank you..

Quote Originally Posted by Jaruff View Post
    This would be for a PS3, I'm assuming a similar process would work for a 360:

Video:

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Gold-DVI-Mal...item518b132635

BTW: From my personal experience, the PS3 will not display output to any monitor that doesn't support HDCP. No 100% guarantee on this, it all depends on your monitor.

Audio:

Two choices. If you have a receiver that has optical, you could use one of those cables. Otherwise, connect one of the standard composite cables to the PS3. Connect the audio cables to whatever output source you're going to use. You can then configure the PS3, through Sound Settings, to output audio via composite or optical instead of HDMI.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Flea Market..

upon getting to the flea market I said to my Dad that we will find something BIG today and we did.
    ROWE AMI CD100A CD Jukebox

$550.00 delivered.(with all paperwork inside)

..I underestimated how heavy it is(prob 350 pds)..The seller delivered it to the front of my Dads building..getting it inside and upstairs was fun but I got it in smoothly and it works Great I love this thing.
    It's amazing how complicated it is and what it's capable of doing..(or rather is set to do already)
    It fits in real well with my Dads Pinball Machines....

I picked up.

SNES System $5.00
    Snes Plug and AV $8.00
    PS2 Ninja Assault $3.00
    SNES,NES adapter in box $5.00

PS2 Slim System,two controllers,mem card and hook ups $2.00(game inside deck

PS2 Slim unit and plug $15.00

360 Guitar $5.00

.................................................. .....

I passed up Every NES and other SNES as selling them hasn't been profitable..I can 'tpay for them what I'd be selling them for or pay more for what I'd get for them..Right now I'd wish to dump cheap the 20 or so NES decks I have...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Passed up but wanted.

I'm all over stuff like this...Especially if it's electric as I've always wanted an electric pocketbike in this size and model type as I have all brand new body parts for it....
    But both these items were dead,no chargers...The bike I've seen two three times already there as the guy just can't sell it for his price $60.00..He sits it back in storage for a few months and tries again.
    It's falling apart,the control box is hanging,the battery is dead,the voltage gauge is falling out the tank,It needs a lot of work and from looking anything like it up on the net info on it is vague or nonexistent..For a cheap price it would become a project to get going for my So(who has a lot of other kind) but not for $60.00
    He wanted the same price for the go kart..I wanted as these two items brought looker after looker asking a price..Once he said the prices people looked at him like WHAT? and walked away..I made him some decent offers but he didn't go for them..
    Somethings are better off passed up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Videogamerdaryll View Post
    He wanted the same price for the go kart..I wanted as these two items brought looker after looker asking a price..Once he said the prices people looked at him like WHAT? and walked away..I made him some decent offers but he didn't go for them..
    The problem with the Razor ground force karts is that they require a huge turning radius. To completely turn around you're looking at the full width of a residential two lane street, at absolute best. When I had the little armada of electric pocketbikes a few years ago my sisters had one of those and it was pretty much dogbone shaped laps between the cul-de-sac and the intersection at the other end.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I wish I could be bothered to use a proper camera instead of my webcam... this game was, I believe, £1. I also got Streets Of Rage and Super Smash TV for Mega Drive, at what I think was £2, since I need as many multiplayer games as I can get for my upcoming birthday celebrations However I did accidentally end up with 2 fake [as in, the guy had obviously burned the discs himself] Dreamcast games, a DC coverdisk and a DreamKey 1.5. Bah, should check the disks next time. Car boots aren't as productive nowadays... I blame all you lot, I need to start getting up earlier XD

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Yardsales 9-3&4-10 & Flea Market 9-5-10

Final Fantasy VII (Complete & Non GH), Final Fantasy IX & X Guides - $5
    Super Mario Sunshine (Complete) & Intellivision Lives! (PS2, Complete) - $4
    Sega Genesis & Saturn Stuff - $5
    Donkey Kong Country: Legend of The Crystal Coconut (VHS) - .50

First sale of the day as it advertised video game systems & games. $5 for Final Fantasy VII & a buck each for the guides, offered $5 for all. Super Mario Sunshine was marked $4 & Intellivision Lives! $2 took $4 for both. Asked about the Saturn stuff, wanted $5 for it ended up offered $5 for it with the Genesis stuff thrown in. The VHS tape was marked $2 (!) but they had no problems with my offer of .50.

Winning Post (Saturn, Complete)
    Sammy Sosa High Heat Baseball 2001 (PS1, Complete) (double case goodness)
    Tobal No. 1 (PS1, Disc Only)

$2

GameCube 1st Party Controller - $1.50
    Croc 2 & Destruction Derby 2 (PS1, Disc Only) - $1
    Game Boy Bundle - $5

The 3 games I got from a sale that I see in town every year, missed it on Friday but stopped by first thing Saturday since it's not far from my place. The games they were asking $2-5 for in previous years depending on what system it was but this year it was the dreck that didn't sell in previous years and what was left of the Saturn, PS1 & PS2 games was all a buck each this year. Actually offered $3 with some other stuff but figured about $2 of it for the games. GC controller was $2 offerd a buck but the lady wanted to play hardball and suggested $1.50. Asked about video games at one sale and the lady mentioned a broken system that she didn't bother bringing out. It was a PS1 with some disc only games, picked out these 2 and offered a buck for them. The Game Boy stuff was actually from one of my first sales, asked about games and was told that they got rid of the "Nintendo" stuff years ago but the lady mentioned that they still had a Game Boy and I said I'd take a look at it if she was interested in getting rid of it. She brought it out and I looked it over. When I brought it back to her she asked if I was interested in it and I offered her $5.

N64 With Everything Needed And 10 Games - $20

Asked about games and this was hidding out in somebody's room. The lady was asking $20 I said I was thinking $10 then when that made her sour I offered to meet in the middle at $15 but she was tough and didn't break so I caved and gave $20 since it still seemed good to me even if haggling wasen't in play.

NES With Everything Needed and 12 Games - $30

This was one of the last sales I went to of the day, asked about games and the guy went and got 1 game to show me what it was then said he had a system and 12 games to which I said I'd be interested and he brought it all down. Some hints that he didn't want to sell it too cheap (he had me make him an offer and said something about it being sold if it's enough or not too low or something like that). Instead of the $5 I usually try and open with I went with $20 and he said he was thinking $40 to which I suggested we meet in the middle on which he did as he was pretty serious about selling it even if he wasen't willing to just get it out of the house for next to nothing. Top row of games is boxed, bottom left 2 boxes are just boxes and the 3 games in the bottom right are complete. The plastic game cases were actually out at the yardsale but when I grabbed them after buying the NES stuff they said I could just have them (I think they were asking .50). The plastic storage deal for the games is nice but unfornately the lid comes off thanks to some broken plastic on the main part.

Sword of The Berserk: Guts' Rage - $2
    PacMan2 Mini Tabletop Type Game - $1

Bug!
    Sega Rally Championship
    Shadow Squadron

$4

Dreamcast game from a regular was asking $2. 3 games were marked $2 each I offered $3 for all 3 of them and the guy said he would do $3 for 2 to which I suggested $4 for 3 which he agreed on. The PacMan2 game I actually found at a Sunday yardsale on the way home no price when asked had to check with somebody else and they wanted a buck for it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

winning post is worth a nice chunk of cash

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneDavid View Post
    The problem with the Razor ground force karts is that they require a huge turning radius. To completely turn around you're looking at the full width of a residential two lane street, at absolute best. When I had the little armada of electric pocketbikes a few years ago my sisters had one of those and it was pretty much dogbone shaped laps between the cul-de-sac and the intersection at the other end.

Thanks..

I was telling my dad the same thing as he said,What do you want to do make the basement into a Go Kart track..Well sure if I didn't have the always in the basrment tenants now whom kids are lil chits..
    But as I told him,those karts would never make a turn down there it would be a waste,it would be a waste outback as there isn't enough room to turn and the pavements all messed up..the streeet is too rough too..I'd need to take him to a lot and they are far and between..

I didn't know you had electric pocketbikes,that's very cool...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Passed up but wanted.

I'm all over stuff like this...Especially if it's electric as I've always wanted an electric pocketbike in this size and model type as I have all brand new body parts for it....
    But both these items were dead,no chargers...The bike I've seen two three times already there as the guy just can't sell it for his price $60.00..He sits it back in storage for a few months and tries again.
    It's falling apart,the control box is hanging,the battery is dead,the voltage gauge is falling out the tank,It needs a lot of work and from looking anything like it up on the net info on it is vague or nonexistent..For a cheap price it would become a project to get going for my So(who has a lot of other kind) but not for $60.00
    You're right, that Nerf basketball hoop is awesome. Oh, wait.. ..what?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

I didn't know you had electric pocketbikes,that's very cool...

Yeah, we bought a bunch of the Razor PR200's from WalMart for like $80.00 a pop, brand new in the boxes a few years ago. I guess they had put a pallet of them (and the ground force karts) up in the garden area when they ran out of storage during the holidays, found them, then brought them out once they had been clearanced out. Stock they were decent for an electric, tons better than the yellow "Honda" licensed electric pocketbike the auto parts stores were selling around the same time. For my sisters, kids or a smaller build person you could get zipping around damn fast. For my height and most adults you could still do well once you got moving, with a little power to spare. However teflon lubrication on the wheels and a couple power boosting tricks gave increased performance. I could get to the point where I had about 40 minutes runtime on a charge, equivalent to the kids on a stock bike racing the throttle up and down the entire time. That's what it really came down to, monitoring your throttle input, looking for downward slopes, keeping the momentum smooth.

Used to make my weekend yard sale rounds in the area on it. Dunno how many people would ask at each yard sale if it was for sale. We did end up selling them all off when I moved a few years ago. I think my hopped up one went to the neighbor before he moved if I remember correctly. While you'd never match the speed of a gas pocketbike, the whisper quite operation made riding around public streets problem free.

FYI, I think the karts had a weight rating of like 110 lbs. or something really low like that, however it had no trouble carrying adults of twice that weight stock out of the box, although we didn't stress it a ton since it was a little cramped for a taller person.

Razorama still sells all the parts if you need chargers, batteries, etc.

Banana (Level 7) SamuraiSmurfette's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I really don't "get" pocket bikes...to me, it just looks like this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Checked out a couple more Goodwills yesterday. Didn't get any games at the first store, but I got this at the second one:

Game Gear:
    Crystal Warriors - $2.99

I didn't leave the first store empty-handed, though. Two additions to my VHS collection:

A Clockwork Orange - Stanley Kubrick Collection
    Def-Con 4 (This is supposed to be hilariously bad)

$1.99 each

Last edited by DigitalSpace; 09-06-2010 at 05:48 AM. Reason: Left the Crystal Warriors photo out. D'oh!

Collection List | Twitter
    Check out the new N64 Rumble Pak. See how it feels to feel what you see.

Strawberry (Level 2) icarwngs55's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

In all honesty I have had a plethora of cheap and wonderful finds over the past several months, but school has kept me occupied and too busy to post. I am trying to remedy that here...

Flea Market finds for Sunday Sept 5, 2010

Space Invader hand held arcade game by Entex $1

*STORY*
    Now, I don't normally go after these things but I saw the SPACE INVADER box sitting among a bunch of junk a guy had. Those who frequent Flea Markets know the type; tons of boxes all lined up with the most OLD random crap in the world...so he either is cleaning out his hoarding or he goes to auctions and buys the leftovers. ANYHOW, I saw the box...no system inside, so I dig deeper...JACKPOT, system with no back

So I ask the guy (knowing full well I would be shot down) "do you know where the back to this game is?" and he goes "OH I think it is in a box over there" and goes to a random box 10ft away and pulls out the back of the system AND he goes "here this Styrofoam goes with it too" WTF!!

So ok...Now I have the box, the system with back and 1out of 2 Styrofoam inserts...So I need the instructions and the other insert...

So I look and look NOTHING! About to leave I see a guy flipping through a huge lot of picture frames and sitting there between the frames is THE FRICKIN STYROFOAM INSERT! I was like "Hey buddy can you hand me that Styrofoam *he looks at me like I am nuts and hands it over*"

So I walked away only missing the instructions...

BUT WAIT! There is more! I am doing my second pass through to leave this HUGE Flea Market and the guy who I bought the system from sees me and yells "HEY I FOUND THE INSTRUCTIONS IF YOU WANT THEM!" WTF!!! Slowly but surely a complete set. Sorry for the long winded story...just thought it was cool. Not sure if the thing is worth more than the $1 I paid.

MOVING ON...

Teal Game Boy Color *missing back* with Pokemon Crystal and Silver and Brain Boy $3

Guides (Hitman 2; LOTR Two Towers;The Thing; Resident Evil Code Veronica; Enter the Matrix; Red Faction;The Getaway; WCW Nitro) $2

49 Playstation games mint in cases + Addams Family for Sega Genesis $42
    Alien Trilogy
    Arcades Greatest Hits/The Atari COllection 2
    Army Men Air Attack
    Asteroids
    Bass Rise
    Blade
    Bob the Builder: Can We Fix it?
    Cabela's Big Game Hunter
    Cabela's Ultimate Deer Hunt
    Caesar's Palace II
    Caesar's Palace 2000
    Cardinal Syn
    Casper Friends Around the World
    Codename Tenka
    Colony Wars Vengence
    Deathtrap Dungeon
    Duke Nukem Total Meltdown
    ET Interplanetary Mission
    Eastr Bunny's Big Day
    Gex Enter the Gecko
    Golden Nugget
    Gunfighter the Legend of Jesse James
    Intellivision Classic Games
    Jumpstart Wild Life Safari Field Trip
    Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver
    Lilo and Stitch
    Mass Destruction Mission Impossible
    MTVs Celebrity Death Match
    MTV Music Generator
    MYST
    N20 Nitrous Oxide
    Oddworld Abe's Exoddus
    Pro Pinball Big Race USA
    Project Overkill
    Rescue Copter
    Rugrats Studio Tour
    Scooby Doo and the Cyber Chase
    Sentinel Returns
    Spec Ops Covert Assault
    Spec Ops Stealth Patrol
    Syphon Filter 3
    Time Commando
    Toy Story 2: Buzz Lightyear to the Rescue
    Urban Chaos
    Warzone 2100
    The X-Files
    XS Airboat Racing
    You Don't Know Jack

* I was never to into Playstation collecting....but now may be the time

5 NES Games (Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle and Friends; Bad News Baseball; Freedom Force; Joust; RBI Baseball 3) $10

EDIT!
    I also forgot to mention the Rock'em Sock'em "Robot" Street Fighter II set (circa 1993) set I got for $3

I will post this for now then add pics later
    Last edited by icarwngs55; 09-06-2010 at 01:06 PM.