Thread: Quest for glory?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Quest for glory?

Getting each game individually or buying thee Quest for Glory Anthology/Collection are going for quite the pretty penny.

Is this game actually so rare that its worth spending over $80 just to get the first 4 games with their manuals? I thought this games popularity rivaled kings quest.. which goes for a very reasonable price.
    It's unfortunate, I was really looking forward to playing these games but after seeing how much they go for I think I'll look for something else.
    Check out my oldschool game reviews!
    Click Me!

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Just a guess, but maybe it is because the QfG games are RPGs. And there seems to be some law of nature that old, good RPGs are expensive. Hero's Quest was possibly the first game that introduced a lot of people to the genre, so it holds more nostalgia and so it has higher demand. I know that's true for me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I think they're also considerably less common than the King's Quest games.

Don't forget that the Q4G2 remake is available for free.
    "There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge." --Bertrand Russel (attributed)

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I sold my single cd collection of the 4 games on ebay and it went for $80. It was only the cd, no box or manuals. This was over 2 years ago.

I don't remember how good the games were when they came out and the CD came in when a girl brought her uncle's PC Game Collection. It was full of games from the 80s and 90s. She said he died, she had no idea why he gave her the games in his will. After speaking with her long enough to realize she had no respect for her uncle or game collection I gave her $50 for the lot of well over 500 games over half of them new and still factory sealed. I gave her another $25 for the 100 cd single games when I spotted a few games like Diablo, Hellfire, Diablo 2, Warcraft 2 Battlenet, etc. Felt good that I got $80 for the 1 cd that was in the box. The rest of the games were all sold to private collectors in the local area who truly treasured these finds. I hope her uncle is happy that his games ended up in the hands of collectors and not the dumpster where his niece was headed next.