Thread: Dreamcast Super Street Fighter II X, Capcom VS SNK 2 and Super Runabout boot problems

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Dreamcast Super Street Fighter II X, Capcom VS SNK 2 and Super Runabout boot problems

Alright, this is three questions about playing Japanese Dreamcast games on a US Dreamcast with a Utopia Boot Disc I believe. It's the program with the spinning reindeer and a "If you bought this, you got ripped off." message. These discs have been tested on three different Dreamcasts and still the same problems.

Capcom Vs. SNK 2

Game plays fine unless I try and play it with a VGA cable. For some reason everything is so gray it's virtually invisible. VGA box works with all other games. Not a Sega brand VGA box. Game works fine in other resolutions.

Super Street Fighter II X for Matching Service

I Have a sealed copy I want to sell so I purchased a used copy to play. The Disc is flawless. Game boots up fine and plays intro and menus can be accessed. Upon starting any mode and selecting character, the game gets crazy slow-mo. Similar to the old school pause the game every other button press slow-mo. It will still load and let you fight it out, it just takes forever.

Super Runabout

Game loads up to ninety eight percent on boot disc menu then stops. Disc is in very good shape.

Any ideas or solutions? Checked DP and other places on the net. No dice. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I use a Codebreaker and they boot/play fine. Utopia is known not to be very reliable.